If you were Pete who would you start?

User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Wolves »

Going into the next game at the Horseshoe if I were Pete I would go with Corp!
number9
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by number9 »

Wolves wrote:Going into the next game at the Horseshoe if I were Pete I would go with Corp!

That is because you are an OLU homer.
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Parrotpaul »

Wolves wrote:Going into the next game at the Horseshoe if I were Pete I would go with Corp!
Go with Barkley....he did fine this weekend. Navy gave OSU a scare...Barkley will be fine. He isn't going to win every game he plays, but not to start him in Ohio would be a vote of no confidence from Pete. That would be the worse thing he could do to his young QB.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Red »

That one back-fired.
User avatar
Wolves
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Wolves »

Corp has a better track record in big games.
Please list me the big games Barkley has won..........I'm waiting.

His butt is going to pucker up like it did for four years against O Lu!
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by slowyoroll »

Wolves wrote:Corp has a better track record in big games.
Please list me the big games Barkley has won..........I'm waiting.

His butt is going to pucker up like it did for four years against O Lu!

Uh what big games? Their adults now..
High school means nothing..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
User avatar
ND7
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by ND7 »

Wolves wrote:Corp has a better track record in big games.
Please list me the big games Barkley has won..........I'm waiting.

His butt is going to pucker up like it did for four years against O Lu!
Four years...wow...isn't that about how long since Corp started a game? :shrug:
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.
User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18196
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Fordama »

Judging from what I saw of the two in high school--Barkely.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK
number9
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by number9 »

Wolves wrote:Corp has a better track record in big games.
Please list me the big games Barkley has won..........I'm waiting.

His butt is going to pucker up like it did for four years against O Lu!


Why does everyone blame or praise one person on a win or loss in the ultimate team game? Did Barkley pucker up 4 years in a row against Servite? Did he lose that big game as a freshman high school qb? Sorry Wolves Corp just isn't that good, because if he was he wouldn't be a third year player losing his job to a kid that just turned 19. I hate to break it to the OLU guys, but Corp won't start this year unless Barkley gets hurt and behind that O-line I just don't see that happening. It was a great High school career for Corp, but unfortunately that is what it is always going to be.
User avatar
WileyWolverine
Posts: 3071
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:45 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by WileyWolverine »

Interesting quote from Pete Carroll while comparing Terrell Pryor to Vince Young:

"Everybody has trouble with them," Carroll said. "I just think it's the hardest thing to defend, a running quarterback."
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW


GO LAKERS
User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Notorious »

ND7 wrote: Four years...wow...isn't that about how long since Corp started a game? :shrug:
Wasn't that the last time any of your teams were relevant in any sport?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Notorious »

number9 wrote:


Why does everyone blame or praise one person on a win or loss in the ultimate team game? Did Barkley pucker up 4 years in a row against Servite? Did he lose that big game as a freshman high school qb? Sorry Wolves Corp just isn't that good, because if he was he wouldn't be a third year player losing his job to a kid that just turned 19. I hate to break it to the OLU guys, but Corp won't start this year unless Barkley gets hurt and behind that O-line I just don't see that happening. It was a great High school career for Corp, but unfortunately that is what it is always going to be.
Because QBs more than any other position are judged by wins. Dan Marino is probably the best pure passer of all time, he isn't considered the greatest because he never showed up when it counted. Joe Montana, Brady, Manning, Bradshaw are all ahead of him because they won when it matter. Considering Corp was actually the starter until his injury, he actually was beating Barkley, but bad luck struck, it happens.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Grand Supreme »

kicks2 wrote: Uh what big games? Their adults now..
High school means nothing..
For once...
I agree w/ kicks on this....
You cannot use what either one of them did vs. Servite now...
Troy Thomas will not be coaching the Ohio State this weekend...
Image
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by slowyoroll »

blng_blng wrote:

For once...
I agree w/ kicks on this....

You cannot use what either one of them did vs. Servite now...
Troy Thomas will not be coaching the Ohio State this weekend...
Image

For once? Come on man....
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by RPW »

kicks2 wrote:

For once? Come on man....

Maybe you should call him and discuss this issue.
I am The Voice of Reason
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by Grand Supreme »

RPW wrote:Maybe you should call him and discuss this issue.
kicks needs to stop tellin my bizness.
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
~44~
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by ~44~ »

Is it safe to assume RPW and Blngy will no longer call each other on Thursday and Friday nights?
Hi
User avatar
hawkeye
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by hawkeye »

Still thing Corp got the raw end of the deal. Yes you could see he still isn't 100%, but when he is you will see how more mobile he is then Barkley. Barkley got hugh numbers because they played a crappy team. I think almost any Pac 5 team could beat San Jose St.
I think all along Pete was going to start Barkley. He didn't anounce him as the starter in the spring because he Corp would transfer. Pete even compaired Corp to Joe Montana I guess that was all mumbo jumbo too.
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by slowyoroll »

blng_blng wrote: kicks needs to stop tellin my bizness.


lol....
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by slowyoroll »

hawkeye wrote:Still thing Corp got the raw end of the deal. Yes you could see he still isn't 100%, but when he is you will see how more mobile he is then Barkley. Barkley got hugh numbers because they played a crappy team. I think almost any Pac 5 team could beat San Jose St.
I think all along Pete was going to start Barkley. He didn't anounce him as the starter in the spring because he Corp would transfer. Pete even compaired Corp to Joe Montana I guess that was all mumbo jumbo too.

Everyone knows Corp is more mobile than Barkley..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
Post Reply