If you were Pete who would you start?

hawkeye

Re: If you were Pete who would you start?

Post by hawkeye »

RPW wrote:
You have to know a little bit about SC to make such a direct comment about a coach. But again, this is your opinion and not only do I think your opinion is worthless it is not based on any facts.

If Aaron Corp has dreams of getting to the NFL he can stay at USC in the #2 hole and wait his turn while getting a great education and then prepare himself for the combines. OR, he can transfer and get one year ( I think) to play and show his stuff.

Why do you like Corp so much if you have no association with SC or OLU?
Beause I read this forum and hear what people say and I read the news paper. Pete says one thing then says another, crap he should run for congress.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

hawkeye wrote: My understanding of this thread was "If you were Pete who would you start"?
No where does it ask if you are a know it all about SC. IMO Pete is a Jerk. He calls one QB the next Montana then turns around and makes Barkley the starter for the entire season. Sounds a little sketchy to me. Why tell Corp he's the #1 in spring when Pete really wanted Barkley to be his #1 guy? I'll tell you why, because Pete didn't want Corp to transfer to another college which he probally would have done.

Alan Alda,

Since you're not a USC guy let me explain to you what happened
Corp got hurt (broken fib)
Corp couldn't practice
Corp is still not 100% and his greatest asset is his legs (leg)
Barkley was named starter
No shananigans, no conspiracy
Just good coaching
Hope that helped
~44~
Hi
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

~44~ wrote:

Alan Alda,

Since you're not a USC guy let me explain to you what happened
Corp got hurt (broken fib)
Corp couldn't practice
Corp is still not 100% and his greatest asset is his legs (leg)
Barkley was named starter
No shananigans, no conspiracy
Just good coaching
Hope that helped
~44~
So when Corp is 100% does he get his starting job back like he would anywhere else? Nope, because Pete has his Golden boy and isn't going to let go of him. I never said I didn't like Barkley. I said I don't like the Pete plays game with these kids. Broken promises. I really wish no ills to Barkley, but I'll betch ya if he went down and got hurt and Corp goes in when Barkley is back at 100% he goes back as #1
RPW

Post by RPW »

hawkeye wrote: Beause I read this forum and hear what people say and I read the news paper. Pete says one thing then says another, crap he should run for congress.

Let me get this right... you read this fourm, hear what people say AND read the newspaper but had no idea that Jesse Scroggins-(QB Lakewood) commited to USC?
I am The Voice of Reason
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

RPW wrote:

Let me get this right... you read this fourm, hear what people say AND read the newspaper but had no idea that Jesse Scroggins-(QB Lakewood) commited to USC?
BINGO You very smart grasshopper
number9

Post by number9 »

hawkeye wrote: So when Corp is 100% does he get his starting job back like he would anywhere else? Nope, because Pete has his Golden boy and isn't going to let go of him. I never said I didn't like Barkley. I said I don't like the Pete plays game with these kids. Broken promises. I really wish no ills to Barkley, but I'll betch ya if he went down and got hurt and Corp goes in when Barkley is back at 100% he goes back as #1

Did Bledsoe get his starting spot back when he was 100%, or how about Trent Green. Sometimes you have a shot and an injury takes it away. I feel bad for Corp, but if SC wins with Barkley, I couldn't be happier. All that matters is that SC wins and if you like PC or not some how he manages to win a lot of games.
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

number9 wrote:

Did Bledsoe get his starting spot back when he was 100%, or how about Trent Green. Sometimes you have a shot and an injury takes it away. I feel bad for Corp, but if SC wins with Barkley, I couldn't be happier. All that matters is that SC wins and if you like PC or not some how he manages to win a lot of games.
Yes he may win a lot of games but if my memories are correct the last time he won the National Championship was 2004. He may win a lot but just not the biggest.
number9

Post by number9 »

Notorious wrote: Those numbers were comparing Barkley's practice numbers to their in season numbers, hardly an accurate comparison.

I'm not disagreeing with your latter point, I'm disagreeing with the fact that Corp's mobility was the only thing he did better than Barkley.

Unless I am mistaken those numbers were comparing practice to practice.
RPW

Post by RPW »

hawkeye wrote: BINGO You very smart grasshopper

And usually I am never wrong and very surprised I have not received a PM yet.
I am The Voice of Reason
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

RPW wrote:

And usually I am never wrong and very surprised I have not received a PM yet.
And why whould I PM you?
RPW

Post by RPW »

hawkeye wrote: And why whould I PM you?

Nevermind, my mistake.
I am The Voice of Reason
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

RPW wrote:

Nevermind, my mistake.
No really why would I? You could always PM me. Apparently you need to know or say something.
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

hawkeye wrote: No really why would I? You could always PM me. Apparently you need to know or say something.
He wants to know if you are Tank, Stank, Bling and Buckethead so he won't feel like a fool.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
bubba35

Post by bubba35 »

His first responsibility is to win games and to do that he will play his best players available. When Corp is healthy and he if he is better than Barkley, he will get his starting job back. The same goes for recruiting. Pete will recruit the best kids he can. If Scroggins outpalys Corp and Barkley, he gets the starting spot. If you truely brlieve anything else you probably believe our government was in on 9/11 and there was someone on the grassy knowl in Texas.
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

bubba35 wrote:His first responsibility is to win games and to do that he will play his best players available. When Corp is healthy and he if he is better than Barkley, he will get his starting job back. The same goes for recruiting. Pete will recruit the best kids he can. If Scroggins outpalys Corp and Barkley, he gets the starting spot. If you truely brlieve anything else you probably believe our government was in on 9/11 and there was someone on the grassy knowl in Texas.
Bubba... Aaron won't ever get his "starting job back." Matt has that assignment. If for whatever reason it becomes necessary to replace Matt, presently that QB would be the #2 Aaron Corp. Pete's only promise is to have the opportunity to compete. Both Matt and Aaron fully understand the process and support the decisions of their coaches.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

number9 wrote:

Unless I am mistaken those numbers were comparing practice to practice.
They weren't, they were making a direct comparison of fall camp numbers to in season statistics. For Barkley's it says (Fall Camp) and for Sanchez it would say ('08 season). It was a poorly written article that tried to use statistics to manipulate the facts.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Wolves

Post by Wolves »

Right now I would have definitely started Corp.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Wolves wrote:Right now I would have definitely started Corp.
Barkley looked very good in the final two minutes of that half....tied at 10. Huge job for the freshman.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
CredoDomer

Post by CredoDomer »

Sc has most of their points thanks to Galippo right now....
Barkeley looks good, but that Buckeye D is hanging tough!
Pete looks worried!
"Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom." *Alexis de Tocqueville*