Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

THe Nug

Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

Post by THe Nug »

I wasn't sure whether to post this in High school, college or the political section. Wiley willing, I put it in the right place.

Norman Chad of SI must be on drugs. Cha Please!
Norman Chad wrote:This year, I bring Sports Nation the most unlikely, yet most obvious, Heisman Trophy winner ever -- unlikely because he is a freshman, obvious because he plays under the brightest lights.

His name is Matt Barkley. He is a true freshman -- I've never been quite sure what a "true freshman" is but I figure it's better than a "fallacious sophomore" -- and he is the starting quarterback at USC. He just turned 19 last week, but he has the maturity of a 20- or 21-year-old.

Tebow was the first sophomore to win the Heisman; no freshman has ever won it. Barkley will.

He's had a private quarterback tutor longer than Paris Hilton has had a personal shopping assistant. He looks spectacular -- golden hair, big smile -- and he plays spectacularly. On Saturday, he led a game-winning 14-play, 86-yard drive at Ohio State, and I am backing him though I despise Southern Cal.

Southern Cal not only produces Heisman quarterbacks (Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart), even its backup quarterbacks (Matt Cassel) become NFL starters. So if you're the starting quarterback at the nation's top football program, aren't you the best player in the land?

(As most of you know, only quarterbacks and running backs get serious Heisman consideration. Interior linemen don't count; they're cows grazing on the side of the road.)

In addition, Barkley does volunteer work, plays guitar with a church youth group and went to South Africa last Christmas to help run an orphanage.

Heck, why stop at the Heisman? This kid could be president someday.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... z0RDZUtMPP

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ?eref=sihp
Parrotpaul

Re: Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

Post by Parrotpaul »

Naw....he thanked God about six times in his after the game interview. That's just damned spooky.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Parrotpaul wrote:Naw....he thanked God about six times in his after the game interview. That's just damned spooky.
Glad you noticed that too. He didn't even thank Joe McKnight once.
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

THe Nug wrote:
Glad you noticed that too. He didn't even thank Joe McKnight once.
Joe McKnight is God. How strange and spooky that Tebow, Bradford and McCoy are also Christians.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

WileyWolverine wrote:Joe McKnight is God. How strange and spooky that Tebow, Bradford and McCoy are also Christians.
Really... McKnight is God? I was under the impression Tebow is Jesus. I don't see the resemblance.

p.s. No wonder the Holy Grail is in such bad condition. Much like the pigskin McKnight/God must drop the thing every chance he gets.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

WileyWolverine wrote:Joe McKnight is God. How strange and spooky that Tebow, Bradford and McCoy are also Christians.
Being a Christian is one thing..invoking the deity in a post game interview several times is always a little spooky.....where was HE when the defensive dude punked Barkley's shoulder?
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

THe Nug wrote:
Really... McKnight is God? I was under the impression Tebow is Jesus. I don't see the resemblance.
So how does Pete Carroll fit into all this superstition?
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Parrotpaul wrote: So how does Pete Carroll fit into all this superstition?
He's Peter the Apostle of course. He's the rock upon which the church (USC) would be built.
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

Now that ParrotPaul has once again hijacked a thread on the high school forum, I've asked JQP to move this ill-placed thread to the Religion and Spirituality forum. GOODave can jump in and deal with the monkeys.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

WileyWolverine wrote:Now that ParrotPaul has once again hijacked a thread on the high school forum, I've asked JQP to move this ill-placed thread to the Religion and Spirituality forum. GOODave can jump in and deal with the monkeys.
Yeah...well...it's probably better off in the "superstitions that wow the masses" forum....the OC masses.

Nota bene...one doesn't hijack a NUG thread...one sweetens the mix and hopes the blend expands and ripens.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

Parrotpaul wrote: Yeah...well...it's probably better off in the "superstitions that wow the masses" forum....the OC masses.

Nota bene...one doesn't hijack a NUG thread...one sweetens the mix and hopes the blend expands and ripens.

This is very true
THe Nug considers this a sign of respect....

"The Dude abides"
Hi
FANDAN

Post by FANDAN »

~44~ wrote: "The Dude abides"
I think you meant "imbibes"
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

FANDAN wrote: I think you meant "imbibes"
Imbibing is spiritual.
Wolves

Post by Wolves »

I wonder if Corp will be forced to be the VP.
bubba35

Post by bubba35 »

Sounds like you all are deifying Nug.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

bubba35 wrote:Sounds like you all are deifying Nug.
That happened a couple years ago...you're late to the party.
bubba35

Post by bubba35 »

Not late, just chose not to attend.
Red

Post by Red »

Parrotpaul wrote:Naw....he thanked God about six times in his after the game interview. That's just damned spooky.
Would it make you "feel" better if he thanked Satan? Would it make you feel better if he thanked Obama? What do you care who he thanks. You are one petty old man.

There you go. 2 sentences.
Last edited by Red on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Skull

Post by The Skull »

Red wrote:Would it make you "feel" better if he thanked Satan or Obama? What do you care who he thanks. You are one petty old man.
True. Parrot is an atheist non-believer that tries to fit in. The only thing that is just damned spooky, is some over the hill old fart trying to put down a 19 year old kid. Go change your Depends old man.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

The Skull wrote:
True. Parrot is an atheist non-believer that tries to fit in. The only thing that is just damned spooky, is some over the hill old fart trying to put down a 19 year old kid. Go change your Depends old man.
Sorry, ball buster, I like Matt Barkley the football player...but Matt Barkley the interviewee sucks...did HE also cause the shoulder injury? HE must favor Corp...what does that tell you about HIM? Maybe the dude who posted that stuff to the Wittenburg church door knew something the papists didn't.....you never know.

Oh, and Skull...bite me. :mrgreen: