Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

Notorious

Re: Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

Post by Notorious »

Red wrote:
Would it make you "feel" better if he thanked Satan or Obama? What do you care who he thanks. You are one petty old man.
That's an awkward sentence since it seems you're putting Satan and Obama on the same level. That to me, is being petty.

I don't think this is an MB thing, I'm getting sick of all athletes/entertainers thanking God in their speecehes.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote: That's an awkward sentence since it seems you're putting Satan and Obama on the same level. That to me, is being petty.

I don't think this is an MB thing, I'm getting sick of all athletes/entertainers thanking God in their speecehes.
That makes two of us.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Notorious wrote: That's an awkward sentence since it seems you're putting Satan and Obama on the same level. That to me, is being petty.

Several years ago the host of the VMA's said something like "... and don't be thanking God if your songs have words in it you can't say in church".
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

Notorious wrote:... I'm getting sick of all athletes/entertainers thanking God in their speeches.
Guilt or ADD?
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
Red

Post by Red »

SoMelo wrote: Several years ago the host of the VMA's said something like "... and don't be thanking God if your songs have words in it you can't say in church".
VMA????? Very Moronic Awards?
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Red wrote:
Spoken from someone who has a moron as his avatar :ROFL: .
Red

Post by Red »

SoMelo wrote: Spoken from someone who has a moron as his avatar :ROFL: .
Spoken like a....I wont go personal. Have fun bitter.
The Skull

Post by The Skull »

SoMelo wrote: Spoken from someone who has a moron as his avatar :ROFL: .
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Red wrote:
Remember when MTV used to play videos? It's funny that MTV still gives out awards for videos.

It's like a whore who gives out awards for abstinence.
Red

Post by Red »

THe Nug wrote:
Remember when MTV used to play videos? It's funny that MTV still gives out awards for videos.

It's like a whore who gives out awards for abstinence.
Exactly. I still cant believe people go gaga over the Emmys, Oscars, and other award shows. Isnt the millions they pull in enough? Very moronic!
Luca

Post by Luca »

Parrotpaul wrote:Naw....he thanked God about six times in his after the game interview. That's just damned spooky.

I am assuming then, Paul, that the appropriate post game interview for you would be some pseudo-intellectual ostentatiously wearing a beret and jeans moaning "I've worked all season to get my footwork down but it's so pointless, we're all just the result of random collisions between basic molecules and that one-handed grab in the corner was preordained because there is no free will and it's all going to end with the universe collapsing in a singularity anyway. Who cares who won?" Luca
Lancer4Life

Post by Lancer4Life »

Luca wrote:

I am assuming then, Paul, that the appropriate post game interview for you would be some pseudo-intellectual ostentatiously wearing a beret and jeans moaning "I've worked all season to get my footwork down but it's so pointless, we're all just the result of random collisions between basic molecules and that one-handed grab in the corner was preordained because there is no free will and it's all going to end with the universe collapsing in a singularity anyway. Who cares who won?" Luca
Oh my!
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Luca wrote:

No one thanks God when they lose do they? Do they blame him either? No. So you probably shouldn't be thanking him when you're winning.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Lancer4Life

Post by Lancer4Life »

Notorious wrote: No one thanks God when they lose do they? Do they blame him either? No. So you probably shouldn't be thanking him when you're winning.
Well if you were that team in Florida that just got blasted 83? - 0, I would have thank God it's over.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Luca wrote:

No...just always have had to laugh at athletes bringing the deity into their game interviews. It's about as moving as your above description....different POV...but just as valid.
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Luca

Post by Luca »

Notorious wrote: No one thanks God when they lose do they? Do they blame him either? No. So you probably shouldn't be thanking him when you're winning.
Why's that? Luca
Luca

Post by Luca »

Parrotpaul wrote:No...just always have had to laugh at athletes bringing the deity into their games. It's about as moving as your above description....different POV...but just as valid.
People laugh at lots of things and it doesn't necessarily demonstrate anything other than a peculiar sense of humor. You don't really know who's right, do you? Luca
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Luca wrote:
People laugh at lots of things and it doesn't necessarily demonstrate anything other than a peculiar sense of humor. You don't really know who's right, do you? Luca
Maybe not, but at least I understand there is a question.

And you think practical jokes are a hoot.....so there ya go.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Parrotpaul wrote: Maybe not, but at least I understand there is a question.
No you don't. You show nothing but contempt for those who have a believe in a divinity and you have never indicated any doubt about the lack of your own. You think you have answers and you "laugh" at those whose opinions do not match your own, especially if he is a 19 year old kid who cannot respond. Luca
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Luca wrote: No you don't. You show nothing but contempt for those who have a believe in a divinity and you have never indicated any doubt about the lack of your own. You think you have answers and you "laugh" at those whose opinions do not match your own, especially if he is a 19 year old kid who cannot respond. Luca
And you show nothing but anger for those who disagree with you. Matt Barkley is an adult. He is 19.