Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

Luca

Re: Why stop at Heisman? Matt Barkley For President

Post by Luca »

Parrotpaul wrote:And you show nothing but anger for those who disagree with you.

Where? Luca
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

Hi
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Luca wrote:

I am assuming then, Paul, that the appropriate post game interview for you would be some pseudo-intellectual ostentatiously wearing a beret and jeans moaning "I've worked all season to get my footwork down but it's so pointless, we're all just the result of random collisions between basic molecules and that one-handed grab in the corner was preordained because there is no free will and it's all going to end with the universe collapsing in a singularity anyway. Who cares who won?" Luca
Actually I would prefer something like:

"You know man, I just have to thank God for giving me the strength to hand the ball off to the skill players all night. I know he's busy and stuff what with all the famine, wars, alter boys and killing Muslims, but the big guy came through for me. So excited. This was my dream! I'm going to be bagging co-eds and shouting "Our Fathers" tonight, baby! That's for sure. Heck I'm good enough for the NFL right now. Pete, says so, the scouts say so and the bassist in my Christian rock group believes too. But those heathens in the NFL play on holy day so I have big decision to make."
Luca

Post by Luca »

THe Nug wrote:
Actually I would prefer something like:

"You know man, I just have to thank God for giving me the strength to hand the ball off to the skill players all night. I know he's busy and stuff what with all the famine, wars, alter boys and killing Muslims, but the big guy came through for me. So excited. This was my dream! I'm going to be bagging co-eds and shouting "Our Fathers" tonight, baby! That's for sure. Heck I'm good enough for the NFL right now. Pete, says so, the scouts say so and the bassist in my Christian rock group believes too. But those heathens in the NFL play on holy day so I have big decision to make."

A pertinent point, as always.

It's not odd that a 19 year old kid would think there is something to which or to what he should be appreciative after having an extraordinary opportunity to successfully accomplish something noteworthy. Many of us are capable of admitting that we were ourselves once 19 years old.

What is odd is that it would irritate an adult so much that it is felt necessary to demean the kid's opinions when in fact the adult's beliefs are no more logical or defensible.

Remember the joke about the guy who volunteers to let his friend crawl down a shaft on the beam of light from his flashlight? "Hell, no," says the friend. "I'll get halfway down and you'll turn off the light."

Who's the greater fool? Luca
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Luca wrote:

It's not odd that a 19 year old kid would think there is something to which or to what he should be appreciative after having an extraordinary opportunity to successfully accomplish something noteworthy. Many of us are capable of admitting that we were ourselves once 19 years old.

What is odd is that it would irritate an adult so much that it is felt necessary to demean the kid's opinions when in fact the adult's beliefs are no more logical or defensible.

Remember the joke about the guy who volunteers to let his friend crawl down a shaft on the beam of light from his flashlight? "Hell, no," says the friend. "I'll get halfway down and you'll turn off the light."

I would crawl down the beam because I have faith God will leave the light on.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Like Motel 6. Luca
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Luca wrote:

How come in the postgame interview after a loss nobody thanks God for the great opportunity they had? How come he isn't mentioned at all?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote: How come in the postgame interview after a loss nobody thanks God for the great opportunity they had? How come he isn't mentioned at all?
Could it possibly be HE was rooting for the other team?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Luca

Post by Luca »

Notorious wrote: How come in the postgame interview after a loss nobody thanks God for the great opportunity they had? How come he isn't mentioned at all?
People do. Lots of them. You just don't know of any.

And, assuming there is a God and assuming he would care one way or another about a football game, people who are theists may believe that the outcomes of mundane events may have a purpose not apparent to a Notorious. Luca
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Parrotpaul wrote:And you show nothing but anger for those who disagree with you. Matt Barkley is an adult. He is 19.
You're right. Matt is 19, and I guess that makes him adult. I guess that also makes you about four times the adult Matt is.

It doesn't always show.

MDD
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

MDDad wrote:
You're right. Matt is 19, and I guess that makes him adult. I guess that also makes you about four times the adult Matt is.

It doesn't always show.

MDD
Excellent use of hyperbole, MDD.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
The Skull

Post by The Skull »

Parrotpaul wrote:And you show nothing but anger for those who disagree with you. Matt Barkley is an adult. He is 19.
MDDad wrote:You're right. Matt is 19, and I guess that makes him adult. I guess that also makes you about four times the adult Matt is.

It doesn't always show.

MDD
Which reminds me. Time for someone to change their Depends.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

The Skull wrote:

Which reminds me. Time for someone to change their Depends.
More maturity, gentlemen?
WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine »

Maybe because Coaches V and K always did it for you.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

WileyWolverine wrote:Maybe because Coaches V and K always did it for you.
I dunno I was usually planning what I was going to get at In N Out by the time they were talking.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Update...

Want proof Matt Barley is God? He thanked himself 6 times during the post game interview. When you pat yourself on the back that many times it inevitably leads to a shoulder injury.

Barkley willing, Corp may shine.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

THe Nug wrote:Update...

Want proof Matt Barley is God? He thanked himself 6 times during the post game interview. When you pat yourself on the back that many times it inevitably leads to a shoulder injury.

Barkley willing, Corp may shine.
Are you so sure it was MB who was patting his own back?

Asked how he was able to continue against Ohio State after he was injured in the third quarter, Barkley said, "Adrenaline, God's hand on me -- I don't know. It hurt like hell, but when you're in that moment you kind of forget about that stuff and you just kind of play."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/u ... 1746.story