Aaron Corp to Start at Washington?

SOCTE

Aaron Corp to Start at Washington?

Post by SOCTE »

It would be interesting for USC and football fans accross America to see the talent and depth at the QB position:

1. Barkley
2. Corp
3. Mustain

I, personally, would love to see it.

Fight On!
Parrotpaul

Re: Aaron Corp to Start at Washington?

Post by Parrotpaul »

It would be nice, unfortunately Mustain will waste away on a hope and a prayer, but if Corp plays this weekend, it just might not bode well for Barkley depending on Corp's performance. I think PC is sold on Barkley as his #1 QB, but if Corp has a great showing there may be some conflict and some not too happy USC fans if PC returns to Barkley as his starter....it will be interesting to watch....hell, Matt Cassel had to wait a looonnnggg time before he got his chance...maybe lightning will strike twice...maybe even three times... as far as Mustain and Corp are concerned.

Lots of talent and not enough spaces to go around...that kind of sucks for eveyone but the coach and the team. It must be tough for Corp and Mustain not to harbor some resentment...it's one thing to take one for the team, but when possible pro careers are in jeopardy, the more time that passes the less are the chances of getting some playing time for the scouts to watch...then what?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
SOCTE

Post by SOCTE »

Parrotpaul wrote:It would be nice, unfortunately Mustain will waste away on a hope and a prayer, but if Corp plays this weekend, it just might not bode well for Barkley depending on Corp's performance. I think PC is sold on Barkley as his #1 QB, but if Corp has a great showing there may be some conflict and some not too happy USC fans if PC returns to Barkley as his starter....it will be interesting to watch....hell, Matt Cassel had to wait a looonnnggg time before he got his chance...maybe lightning will strike twice...maybe even three times... as far as Mustain and Corp are concerned.

Lots of talent and not enough spaces to go around...that kind of sucks for eveyone but the coach and the team. It must be tough for Corp and Mustain not to harbor some resentment...it's one thing to take one for the team, but when possible pro careers are in jeopardy, the more time that passes the less are the chances of getting some playing time for the scouts to watch...then what?
Hopefully - if they don't go pro - when it's all said and done, they can all walk away with a degree.

Nothing wrong with that, in my book . . .

:thumbsup:
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

SOCTE wrote: Hopefully - if they don't go pro - when it's all said and done, they can all walk away with a degree.

As great as that sounds there is something wrong with that in my book, simply because both those QBs could have played elsewhere and still gotten their degrees.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

SOCTE wrote: Hopefully - if they don't go pro - when it's all said and done, they can all walk away with a degree.

Nothing wrong with that at all....I wonder if the degree is their first priority?

Do you think if Barkley proves to be a bankable talent, he will stay at USC for four years and earn that degree?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Parrotpaul wrote: Nothing wrong with that at all....I wonder if the degree is their first priority?

Do you think if Barkley proves to be a bankable talent, he will stay at USC for four years and earn that degree?
Whatever God tells him to do :D
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Parrotpaul wrote: Nothing wrong with that at all....I wonder if the degree is their first priority?

I doubt it will take Barkley four years to get a degree..
Best of luck to Corp..as an SC fan I just want wins..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
SOCTE

Post by SOCTE »

Notorious wrote: As great as that sounds there is something wrong with that in my book, simply because both those QBs could have played elsewhere and still gotten their degrees.
True that, Notorious. That's why in my initial post I stated that I would personally like to see their (Barkley, Corp and Mustain) talent shine on the field (wherever that might be).

As College Football fans, we are being short-changed (see Cassell), in not seeing these kids compete on Saturdays.

Why Mustain decided to transfer to USC, is still a mystery to me (but then again, I don't believe, Barkley had yet made a commitment to Coach Carroll). Maybe Mustain thought he could comPETE for the starting job.

Corp, was my pre-season favorite to be the USC starting quarterback, however, injuries knocked him out, in my opinion, at the most inopportune time. Will Corp get his chance this weekend vs. Washington and show the football world his true worth?

That being said, in spite of what blng states, Pete Carroll does not put a gun to these kids' heads to get them to sign at USC.

I believe that the majority of players that commit to USC know and undesrtand how competitive every position is and the possibility of playing time to be sparingly or non-existent, IMHO.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

kicks2 wrote:
I doubt it will take Barkley four years to get a degree..
Me too, kicksy..
I'm just hoping we get to see Corp out in space...if memory serves me correct he is pretty good on his feet....
But yeah, just win.
Hi
SOCTE

Post by SOCTE »

Parrotpaul wrote:Nothing wrong with that at all....I wonder if the degree is their first priority?

kicks2 wrote:I doubt it will take Barkley four years to get a degree..
Paul, I agree with kicks. I personally don't know the kid, however, from my perspective, it looks like Barkley is receiving excellent guidance and counsel.

Even if Matt didn't complete his degree, and went pro for instance, he comes off (to me) as a person that would get his degree regardless.
SOCTE

Post by SOCTE »

Paul - One more thing: It would be awesome if Mark Sanchez plays well this weekend vs. your beloved Patriots . . . :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Red

Post by Red »

SoMelo wrote: Whatever God tells him to do :D

ah hee hee ah hee ah hee hee!
Red

Post by Red »

SOCTE wrote:
Paul, I agree with kicks. I personally don't know the kid, however, from my perspective, it looks like Barkley is receiving excellent guidance and counsel.

Even if Matt didn't complete his degree, and went pro for instance, he comes off (to me) as a person that would get his degree regardless.
SOCTE, Matt will get his degree! Bank on it. My question is, why do people that dont even know him care?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

SOCTE wrote:Paul - One more thing: It would be awesome if Mark Sanchez plays well this weekend vs. your beloved Patriots . . . :thumbsup:

:cheers:
The Pats aren't favored by all that much, and if Sanchez can deliver the ball into an iffy Patriot secondary, we just may see some trends reversed. I don't know if Jerod Mayo will play Sunday and that really cheapens an already "new" linebacker corps...having the defensive play caller on the bench isn't a great development.

I'm happy to see Channel 2 is carrying that game at 10AM.....I love bloody marys on Patriot Sundays. Fox at the Irvine Spectrum Center used to have a mix your own bloody mary bar on Sundays during football season....it was wonderful.

Giants Stadium will be bedlam.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Red wrote:
SOCTE, Matt will get his degree! Bank on it. My question is, why do people that dont even know him care?
Oh, sorry, Red...I simply wasn't aware he was such a close friend of yours. Does he spend lots of time with you listening to your fun stories about your escapades as a youth, and do you tell him what a **** hole of a country we have become? Do you pray together frequently? Do you share the same politics? Do you make it a habit to hang with 18-19 year olds?

Matt Barkley is not really some deep dark secret who just rose to the surface of the football experience.
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

Parrotpaul wrote: Oh, sorry, Red...I simply wasn't aware he was such a close friend of yours. Does he spend lots of time with you listening to your fun stories about your escapades as a youth, and do you tell him what a **** hole of a country we have become? Do you pray together frequently? Do you share the same politics? Do you make it a habit to hang with 18-19 year olds?

Matt Barkley is not really some deep dark secret who just rose to the surface of the football experience.
Take it easy on Red. He provides a pivotal role on JQP. Without him we wouldn't know what people who aren't thinking are thinking.
Heywould

Post by Heywould »

Parrotpaul wrote: The Pats aren't favored by all that much, and if Sanchez can deliver the ball into an iffy Patriot secondary, we just may see some trends reversed. I don't know if Jerod Mayo will play Sunday and that really cheapens an already "new" linebacker corps...having the defensive play caller on the bench isn't a great development.

I'm happy to see Channel 2 is carrying that game at 10AM.....I love bloody marys on Patriot Sundays. Fox at the Irvine Spectrum Center used to have a mix your own bloody mary bar on Sundays during football season....it was wonderful.
Giants Stadium will be bedlam.
That must be why they went out of business. I liked that place
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Heywould wrote:
That must be why they went out of business. I liked that place
So did I. The year the Pats went 16-0, they reserved the balcony area for the OC Patriots Fan Club...private bar and about four big screens. The Charger cheerleaders even came to that Monday night game when the Pats beat them by about 30 in Foxboro....they sold some calendars, but it probably wasn't worth the crap they had to take. It was a cool deal...but that bloody mary bar was the best.....$7 for a big shot of Belvedere, and a HUGE table with everything imaginable to put into it.
Lancer4Life

Post by Lancer4Life »

September 18th, 2009, 9:01 am · 1 Comment · posted by Michael Lev, staff writer
Aaron Corp will start at quarterback for USC on Saturday, according to ESPN.

The report quotes an unnamed source who also says that Matt Barkley is expected to regain the job once he’s healthy.

It would be a surprise if it were the other way around, considering Barkley hasn’t been able to practice all week.

We’ll have more on the QB situation after we arrive in Seattle this afternoon.
From the OC Register. Just hope it's true (about Corp starting) not Barkley to regain his job.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Lancer4Life wrote:September 18th, 2009, 9:01 am · 1 Comment · posted by Michael Lev, staff writer
Aaron Corp will start at quarterback for USC on Saturday, according to ESPN.

The report quotes an unnamed source who also says that Matt Barkley is expected to regain the job once he’s healthy.

It would be a surprise if it were the other way around, considering Barkley hasn’t been able to practice all week.

We’ll have more on the QB situation after we arrive in Seattle this afternoon.
From the OC Register. Just hope it's true (about Corp starting) not Barkley to regain his job.
It's always a bitch to go down to an injury and have a real talent backing you up....great irony...Corp goes down, Barkley becomes the "man." Barkley goes down and Corp gets a shot, and if Corp has a HUGE game, PC will be in a damned if he does and damned if he doesn't situation. Gotta love the drama.