IRISH WIN.....USC CHOKES

atgreek

Re: IRISH WIN.....USC CHOKES

Post by atgreek » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Notorious wrote: Dude, I'd go out on the limb and say even if SC had Wheatley in there they'd stand a good chance to beat ND.

This is the same ND team that didn't get a first down until the end of the third quarter, last year.

OUCH.

bball911

Post by bball911 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Notorious wrote: Dude, I'd go out on the limb and say even if SC had Wheatley in there they'd stand a good chance to beat ND.

This is the same ND team that didn't get a first down until the end of the third quarter, last year.
Notorious, serious question. Had Garrett Green started today, would SC have won? I truly think so.

1stngoal

Re: IRISH WIN.....UCS CHOKES

Post by 1stngoal » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm

RMOnAir wrote: Let's try and keep it about this season...There are SOOOOO many team names I can list when ND is listed...Okay? :mrgreen:

Just about the Choke effort today....Oh yeah when the past doesn't benefit SC.... trojan fans always play the "talk about this year "card

1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Well pete has his wish....he always wants to play in the rose bowl on New Years day.....But Cal still stands in the way

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:31 pm

bball911 wrote: Notorious, serious question. Had Garrett Green started today, would SC have won? I truly think so.
I don't know - I don't think so. With Barkley they would have had a better chance simply because there wouldn't have been as much garbage offensive playcalling. I don't quite understand it. USC hides their QBs more than any team in the nation. I can literally turn on the TV and see nearly every other team attempt to stretch the field without having the 3 year RS senior starter. I honestly don't think we've seen a completely open USC playbook since 05. Some will say that's because of the players but honestly besides the Rose Bowl when was the last time USC opened it up in the regular season?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

GGArgoFan

Post by GGArgoFan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Notorious wrote: I don't know - I don't think so. With Barkley they would have had a better chance simply because there wouldn't have been as much garbage offensive playcalling. I don't quite understand it. USC hides their QBs more than any team in the nation. I can literally turn on the TV and see nearly every other team attempt to stretch the field without having the 3 year RS senior starter. I honestly don't think we've seen a completely open USC playbook since 05. Some will say that's because of the players but honestly besides the Rose Bowl when was the last time USC opened it up in the regular season?

The bottom line. Does it really matter? Good teams/N.C teams win these games. Pretenders like SC don't.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:38 pm

GGArgoFan wrote:

The bottom line. Does it really matter? Good teams/N.C teams win these games. Pretenders like SC don't.
Then only one team last year wasn't a pretender and it wasn't Florida.

GGArgoFan

Post by GGArgoFan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Notorious wrote: Then only one team last year wasn't a pretender and it wasn't Florida.

It's 2009. Did you forget? Who cares about last year. What have you done lately Pete? Another bottom line, SC failed again. You can't get past that yet but you will.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:47 pm

edac25 wrote:F U SC Fan! Another season the Trojans choke against a 30 Point Underdog! Ha! Ha! Ha!

:ROFL: :cheers: :ROFL: :cheers: :ROFL:

Omg..Edac you fellow Friar "brothers" all look pretty good at SC this year...
Do you even realize what a total and complete sellout you are?
Nothing worse than a sellout...and to make at worse you laugh and mock
them...I can't wait for SC/ND game......we'll see who's laughing then...

ND BLOWS :thumbsdown:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:52 pm

GGArgoFan wrote:

It's 2009. Did you forget? Who cares about last year. What have you done lately Pete? Another bottom line, SC failed again. You can't get past that yet but you will.
You're getting dumber, dude.

You just brought up how every year USC is overrated, then I bring up last year and you want to make it strictly about 2009. Make up yo damn mind, otherwise you're just a buster.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:06 pm

GGArgoFan wrote:
Done..I'll go Newcastle.

GGArgofan - now you are talking my language!

edac25

Post by edac25 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:10 pm

And you got beat by the same Washington team that went 0-12 last year!!! so **** and savor your latest choke Noto!

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:12 pm

edac25 wrote:And you got beat by the same Washington team that went 0-12 last year!!! so **** and savor your latest choke Noto!
You are correct, but Washington has obviously had a remarkable turnaround - I'm unsure if ND has had one yet. You lost to Michigan who was 3-9 last year. You squeaked by a very mediocre MSU, so it's hard to say if your team has improved or not. With CW at the helm I highly doubt it. His best win was a loss to USC.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Notorious wrote: You are correct, but Washington has obviously had a remarkable turnaround - I'm unsure if ND has had one yet. You lost to Michigan who was 3-9 last year. You squeaked by a very mediocre MSU, so it's hard to say if your team has improved or not. With CW at the helm I highly doubt it. His best win was a loss to USC.
ND lost in the final seconds to a currently unbeaten and Top 25 Michigan team. SC lost to Washington, a team that broke a 15 game losing streak last week by beating Idaho. Both Washington and Notre Dame are improved this season and both will end up beating USC. Book it.

1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:33 pm

edac25 wrote: ND lost in the final seconds to a currently unbeaten and Top 25 Michigan team. SC lost to Washington, a team that broke a 15 game losing streak last week by beating Idaho. Both Washington and Notre Dame are improved this season and both will end up beating USC. Book it.
:thumbsup:

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Notorious wrote:

You are correct, but Washington has obviously had a remarkable turnaround - I'm unsure if ND has had one yet. You lost to Michigan who was 3-9 last year. You squeaked by a very mediocre MSU, so it's hard to say if your team has improved or not. With CW at the helm I highly doubt it. His best win was a loss to USC.
Exactly...
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

ND7

Post by ND7 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:51 pm

kicks2 wrote:
Exactly...
My concern also Kicks. 8-[
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.

ocexport

Post by ocexport » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:15 pm

it was great to see luther brown, sc backup linebacker, gets so jacked on a big hit that set up the winning field goal...idiot.

losing michael floyd will be devastating for nd...

and if we, nd, continue to blitz with little pressure, we are going to give up even more bigger plays...

at least we have a bye week to prepare for sc...

when was the last time sc lost and nd won on the same night????

ND7

Post by ND7 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:21 pm

ocexport wrote:
when was the last time sc lost and nd won on the same night????
10/6/07
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:32 pm

jabba rubs gravy on his stretch marks and hides crispy cremes under his neck flab, but not even he could go 0-19 against his rival. Which should be the wikipedia definition of a CHOKE. How 'bout them Devils!! :mrgreen: