Don't trust Pete Carroll

User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

Good call Pete...
Mark Sanchez is on his way to being rookie of the year...
i think he should have stayed in college too...
And Taylor Mays is now damaged goods...
Good call on "advising" Mays to return for his senior year...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
THe Nug
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by THe Nug »

blng_blng wrote:Good call Pete...
Mark Sanchez is on his way to being rookie of the year...
i think he should have stayed in college too...
And Taylor Mays is now damaged goods...
Good call on "advising" Mays to return for his senior year...
I partially agree with you. Pete is a great coach and he does promote the team aspect, but his reaction to Sanchez turning pro was selfish. Looking back he knew the quarterback cupboard was bare and they would struggle at the position with two untested youngsters. Sanchez is doing much better tha I think most expect, but the Jets defesnse is certainly keeping them in games.

Also interesting is the Times quoted Corp as saying Pete never even told him he was to be the started until right before the game. With four coaches going to Washington and Kifin going to Tennessee, it certainly looks as if the former staff deserve more credit for the SC dominance of late.
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

THe Nug wrote: I partially agree with you. Pete is a great coach and he does promote the team aspect, but his reaction to Sanchez turning pro was selfish. Looking back he knew the quarterback cupboard was bare and they would struggle at the position with two untested youngsters. Sanchez is doing much better tha I think most expect, but the Jets defesnse is certainly keeping them in games.

Also interesting is the Times quoted Corp as saying Pete never even told him he was to be the started until right before the game. With four coaches going to Washington and Kifin going to Tennessee, it certainly looks as if the former staff deserve more credit for the SC dominance of late.

I heard that about Corp on the way to work this morning too...
I think some resentment is starting to surface in Corp...
And who could blame him...?
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by SoMelo »

Pete Carroll takes the blame for USC's loss, as well he should

whole story
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by slowyoroll »

blng_blng wrote:

I heard that about Corp on the way to work this morning too...
I think some resentment is starting to surface in Corp...
And who could blame him...?
Yea, I feel sorry for Corp too but I don't think he can handle the pressure of SC
football I really don't..

He doesn't seem to have any sort of presence on the field..he doesn't carry himself
like a leader..head down dropped shoulders..He's just not the guy...
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by slowyoroll »

blng_blng wrote:Good call Pete...
Mark Sanchez is on his way to being rookie of the year...
i think he should have stayed in college too...
And Taylor Mays is now damaged goods...
Good call on "advising" Mays to return for his senior year...
Taylor did what he wanted to do just like Sanchez..
Don't blame Pete...
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

kicks2 wrote:
Yea, I feel sorry for Corp too but I don't think he can handle the pressure of SC
football I really don't..

He doesn't seem to have any sort of presence on the field..he doesn't carry himself
like a leader..head down dropped shoulders..He's just not the guy..
.

He could try for a happy haircut.
I am The Voice of Reason
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

kicks2 wrote:Taylor did what he wanted to do just like Sanchez..
Don't blame Pete...
It is Petes fault...
You don't allow a lottery pick to return to school...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

Based on how Corp played Saturday... does he play well in college, period?
I am The Voice of Reason
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

RPW wrote:Based on how Corp played Saturday... does he play well in college, period?
Corp is probably shell shocked w/ his on again off agian/red light green light treatment...
From the media reports he was not told he was the starter until kickoff...
hard to get mentally ready like that...

Bottom line IMO...
Like I said from jump...
He should have went to Oregon...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

That is a chicken **** excuse. He took all first team snaps in practice and always said he wanted his opportunity to get his job back. He did fine the first half and when it came to crunch time he cheesed up. I would see your point if he cheesed up from the begining but that was not the case.

Some players don't translate well to the college game, period. Corp might be that kid. A new haircut couldn't hurt.
I am The Voice of Reason
bubba35
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by bubba35 »

Sorry, can't blame Pete for that one. If Corp wasn't ready to play it was his fault. AQlways be ready to play, especially if the guy in front of you on the depth chart is injured.
Heywould
Posts: 1443
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Heywould »

I don't know whether Corp is the guy or not, but how about some blame for the play calling? It was horrific, 0 for 10 on 3rd down conversions? I don't know if it's Bates calling all the plays or whether Pete has got his nose in that as well. But for the last 8 quarters it is been terrible. And what happened to the "best offensive line in college football"?
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap
User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by AndUR?? »

RPW wrote:That is a chicken **** excuse. He took all first team snaps in practice and always said he wanted his opportunity to get his job back. He did fine the first half and when it came to crunch time he cheesed up. I would see your point if he cheesed up from the begining but that was not the case.

Some players don't translate well to the college game, period. Corp might be that kid. A new haircut couldn't hurt.

Thank you....
His on field decision making was piss poor.
Which didn't help the HORRIBLE play calling.
Don't get me wrong...I am a life long Trojan fan...but that was just a pathetic display on Saturday.
Hat's off to ya Sark, you owned us.
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Lancer4Life »

AndUR?? wrote: Thank you....
His on field decision making was piss poor.
Which didn't help the HORRIBLE play calling.
Don't get me wrong...I am a life long Trojan fan...but that was just a pathetic display on Saturday.
Hat's off to ya Sark, you owned us.
AndUR?? That is/was your first mistake. :ROFL: :ROFL:
Image
User avatar
SOCTE
Posts: 4033
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by SOCTE »

blng_blng wrote:Good call Pete...
Monday Morning Quartebacks; they always have all the right answers . . .

Don't cha just love 'em???


:puke:
Image
User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by AndUR?? »

Lancer4Life wrote: AndUR?? That is/was your first mistake. :ROFL: :ROFL:
Hey...I am a survivor of the Ted Tollner and Larry Smith years...
Only those who bleed Cardinal and Gold can understand :thumbsup:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

AndUR?? wrote:
Hey...I am a survivor of the Ted Tollner and Larry Smith years...
Only those who bleed Cardinal and Gold can understand :thumbsup:

At the time when USC was considered a JUCO.

Bruins 3-0 > USC 2-1


Suck it.
I am The Voice of Reason
User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by AndUR?? »

RPW wrote:

At the time when USC was considered a JUCO.

Bruins 3-0 > USC 2-1


Suck it.
Ahh...yes, the good old days.... :ROFL:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Lancer4Life »

AndUR?? wrote:
Hey...I am a survivor of the Ted Tollner and Larry Smith years...
Only those who bleed Cardinal and Gold can understand :thumbsup:
Well I was around during the John McKay days. Infact Olu's first uniforms looked just like the (hate to say this) Trojans dual red stripes on the pants yuck. Olu's actual school colors are Red, Gold & White. Don't know when it changed to Red & Black.
Image
Post Reply