Don't trust Pete Carroll

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

Lancer4Life wrote: I totally agree. Barkley is PC "Golden boy". I still think Barkley would have come out of spring ball as number, but PC gave it to Aaron so he wouldn't transfer to another. Pete is all smoke and mirrors.
The play calling was terrible. 3rd and 1 and they call a pass? Why not a QB sneak like they did with Barkley? The game plan was meant for Aaron to fail.

I agree with the chess match that was played with Aaron but to think Pete set Aaron up to fail and lose the game is a bit of a stretch. What does anyone in the SC program gain with this loss?
I am The Voice of Reason
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Parrotpaul »

Lancer4Life wrote: I totally agree. Barkley is PC "Golden boy". I still think Barkley would have come out of spring ball as number, but PC gave it to Aaron so he wouldn't transfer to another. Pete is all smoke and mirrors.
The play calling was terrible. 3rd and 1 and they call a pass? Why not a QB sneak like they did with Barkley? The game plan was meant for Aaron to fail.
Are you saying PC purposefully sabotaged his own team and sacrificed a win to cause the fall of Aaron Corp? That makes no sense.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by AndUR?? »

Has anyone else noticed that whenever someone disagrees with Blng, he automatically goes into:

"You never played"
"Never put on a helmet"
"Never stepped on the field"
"Rumper...show me proof you played"

CRAP!!

Just an observation...
BTW Blng..thought you were coming to the MD/CC game??
Were you sitting on the CC side --:--
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by AndUR?? »

Parrotpaul wrote: Are you saying PC purposefully sabotaged his own team and sacrificed a win to cause the fall of Aaron Corp? That makes no sense.

Maybe, maybe not...but there is always ONE FRICKIN' GAME A YEAR....
OSU
Stanford
Cal
Texas
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I just sit back and wait for it every year...because I know it's coming... ](*,)
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

RPW wrote:Spinmaster you said loudest not largest, so you are wrong.
Throwing a 19 year old kid in front of fans AT Ohio State is far worse than Udubb.
Please list the article and source for this comment of yours:
To people who played the game...
Transferring after getting the run around is not that much of a stretch...
I can not document my assertion in the paper but Notorious (who claims to be close to the family) has intimated that the "thought" has been vocalized in the Corp family.
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

AndUR?? wrote:Has anyone else noticed that whenever someone disagrees with Blng, he automatically goes into:

"You never played"
"Never put on a helmet"
"Never stepped on the field"
"Rumper...show me proof you played"

CRAP!!
If the shoe fit...
All you & rumperPW do is "read and watch" football...
You have no actuall football knowledge and it comes out in your wacky assertions...
Which (your wacky football assertions) are all sans any actuall "feel" for the game and all it's nuances...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

Parrotpaul wrote:Are you saying PC purposefully sabotaged his own team and sacrificed a win to cause the fall of Aaron Corp? That makes no sense.
I don't think Pete Carroll thought U$C was going to the National Title game anyways...
Cal is actually better then U$C at a lot of positions and the game is in Berkley this year...
I had U$C losing 2 games this year (Ohio St & Cal)...
Pete knew something had to be done to address the Corp/Barkley dilemma...
Now he does not have to do anything because everyone is now bashing Corp (media, fans, message boards, et al)..
Now Pete has no dirt on his hands...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

blng_blng wrote:
To people who played the game...
Transferring after getting the run around is not that much of a stretch...
I can not document my assertion in the paper but Notorious (who claims to be close to the family) has intimated that the "thought" has been vocalized in the Corp family.

Tank your football career was over at Cerritos College and the biggest stage you put on a helmet was at El Camino College. This does not give you, an uneducated JUCO player more football knowledge over anyone else. Nuandeez in your mouth.

By not answering my PROOF on Udubb not being the loudest stadium in the Pac10 you are still... a loser when it comes to deal with me.

Sucks for you always coming up short.
I am The Voice of Reason
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Parrotpaul »

AndUR?? wrote:

Maybe, maybe not...but there is always ONE FRICKIN' GAME A YEAR....
OSU
Stanford
Cal
Texas
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I just sit back and wait for it every year...because I know it's coming... ](*,)
Teams lose...even very good teams....it's a game. Sure I'd love to see So Cal teams and the Patriots go undefeated every season...it just doesn't happen.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Notorious »

blng_blng wrote:
I don't think Pete Carroll thought U$C was going to the National Title game anyways...
Cal is actually better then U$C at a lot of positions and the game is in Berkley this year...
I had U$C losing 2 games this year (Ohio St & Cal)...
Pete knew something had to be done to address the Corp/Barkley dilemma...
Now he does not have to do anything because everyone is now bashing Corp (media, fans, message boards, et al)..
Now Pete has no dirt on his hands...
Incorrect on the Cal assessment.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

Lancer4Life wrote:I totally agree. Barkley is PC "Golden boy". I still think Barkley would have come out of spring ball as number, but PC gave it to Aaron so he wouldn't transfer to another. Pete is all smoke and mirrors.
The play calling was terrible. 3rd and 1 and they call a pass? Why not a QB sneak like they did with Barkley? The game plan was meant for Aaron to fail.
Barkley is the better pocket QB...
Period...
That does not mean Corp cannot play D1 QB...
He is just not a U$C QB....
He should have went to Oregon...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Lancer4Life »

Parrotpaul wrote: Are you saying PC purposefully sabotaged his own team and sacrificed a win to cause the fall of Aaron Corp? That makes no sense.
I never said PC wanted him to fail. I said the play calling was meant to make him fail. They babied Barkley in his 1st game but didn't with Aaron. That's all I have to say.
Image
User avatar
Lancer4Life
Posts: 2413
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Lancer4Life »

blng_blng wrote:
Barkley is the better pocket QB...
Period...
That does not mean Corp cannot play D1 QB...
He is just not a U$C QB....
He should have went to Oregon...
Blng you keep saying Aaron should have gone to Oregon. Why do you think that? Wasn't there any other team that wanted him or that he could have gone to?
Image
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Parrotpaul »

Lancer4Life wrote: I never said PC wanted him to fail. I said the play calling was meant to make him fail.
I guess I really don't see much of a difference.

It would make sense to believe they wanted him to fail if the play calling was meant to make him fail. What else would they want if they purposely designed play calling meant to make him fail?
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

RPW wrote: Tank your football career was over at Cerritos College and the biggest stage you put on a helmet was at El Camino College. This does not give you, an uneducated JUCO player more football knowledge over anyone else. Nuandeez in your mouth.

By not answering my PROOF on Udubb not being the loudest stadium in the Pac10 you are still... a loser when it comes to deal with me.

Sucks for you always coming up short.
That is funny...
My football career (albeit limited in your view) does give me more insight into the game then someone who would probably put a girdle on backwards (even at age 39)...

You are basing your assement (only becuase your limited expereince w/ football) on UDubb football on the last 10 years...
When they were in the dumps...
Peole who know football know that Husky Stadium explodes when UDubb is good...
They have not been good for a while...

And there were more people at Edison HS football games then there were an any Cerritos game I ever played in...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

Lancer4Life wrote:Blng you keep saying Aaron should have gone to Oregon. Why do you think that? Wasn't there any other team that wanted him or that he could have gone to?
The Oregon offense better fits his skill set...
IMO...
But he could have gone to any number of schools that run the spread and/or utilize a more athletic/scrambling QB...
Baylor, Texas, Texas Tech, Arizona, Florida, et al...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by AndUR?? »

blng_blng wrote: If the shoe fit...
All you & rumperPW do is "read and watch" football...
You have no actuall football knowledge and it comes out in your wacky assertions...
Which (your wacky football assertions) are all sans any actuall "feel" for the game and all it's nuances...
Like clock work... :ROFL:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by Grand Supreme »

Notorious wrote:Incorrect on the Cal assessment.
Yea right...
Cal has a better QB, RB's, DB's and the game is in Berkley...
I will bet you on that game...
And give you points as well...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

blng_blng wrote:
You are basing your assement (only becuase your limited expereince w/ football) on UDubb football on the last 10 years...
When they were in the dumps...
Peole who know football know that Husky Stadium explodes when UDubb is good...
They have not been good for a while...
WOW... amazing.
I am The Voice of Reason
RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Don't trust Pete Carroll

Post by RPW »

blng_blng wrote: Yea right...
Cal has a better QB, RB's, DB's and the game is in Berkley...
I will bet you on that game...
And give you points as well...

YOU DON'T PAY YOUR BETS!!!!
I am The Voice of Reason
Post Reply