Pete Carroll throws Corp under the bus-Trouble in Trojanland

HowIroll

Pete Carroll throws Corp under the bus-Trouble in Trojanland

Post by HowIroll »

USC Football: Carroll-Corp could have thrown 3 or 4 more INTs
September 22nd, 2009, 11:03 am · 25 Comments · posted by SCOTT M. Reid, OCREGISTER.COM
LOS ANGELES — As much as Aaron Corp struggled in USC’s upset loss at Washington last Saturday, Trojan coach Pete Carroll said this morning it could have been even worse for the sophomore quarterback.
“He struggled with anything down field,” Carroll said of Corp, who completed 13 of 22 passes for 110 yards with one interception. “We were very fortunate that we didn’t throw three or four more picks. There were three or four more (interceptions) there for (Washington to take).”

Carroll said he was encouraged by freshman Matt Barkley’s practice on Monday. Barkley, who missed the Washington game with a bruised shoulder, was supposed to rest on Monday but instead took the majority of snaps with the first team offense.

“I was surprised Barkley (finished) the whole day,” Carroll said. “I didn’t think he could pop back that fast.”
Last edited by HowIroll on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear The Bone!
Parrotpaul

Re: Pete Carroll throw Corp under the bus-Trouble in Trojanland!

Post by Parrotpaul »

HowIroll wrote:USC Football: Carroll-Corp could have thrown 3 or 4 more INTs
September 22nd, 2009, 11:03 am · 25 Comments · posted by SCOTT M. Reid, OCREGISTER.COM
LOS ANGELES — As much as Aaron Corp struggled in USC’s upset loss at Washington last Saturday, Trojan coach Pete Carroll said this morning it could have been even worse for the sophomore quarterback.
“He struggled with anything down field,” Carroll said of Corp, who completed 13 of 22 passes for 110 yards with one interception. “We were very fortunate that we didn’t throw three or four more picks. There were three or four more (interceptions) there for (Washington to take).”

Carroll said he was encouraged by freshman Matt Barkley’s practice on Monday. Barkley, who missed the Washington game with a bruised shoulder, was supposed to rest on Monday but instead took the majority of snaps with the first team offense.

“I was surprised Barkley (finished) the whole day,” Carroll said. “I didn’t think he could pop back that fast.”
None of this bodes well for Aaron Corp.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick »

Aaron Corp's game didn't bode well for Aaron Corp....
Luca,I do get a guilty pleasure out of your posts, it is like watching a fat woman in the gym. Got to applaud the effort but have to remind myself to hide the laughs.
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

Dan Patrick wrote:Aaron Corp's game didn't bode well for Aaron Corp....
True dat....it wasn't the kind of game that endears you to a coach or to scouts.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Lancer4Life

Post by Lancer4Life »

Parrotpaul wrote: None of this bodes well for Aaron Corp.
Ya Think?
1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal »

UCLA looks like it would have been a better choice everyday....how long before he is out of Trojan land?
Grand Supreme

Post by Grand Supreme »

To say this in the paper on the kid???
I lose repsect for Carroll by the day...
The best thing Carroll could do is ask Corp where he wants to transfer to...
Then do everything in his power to make it happen for Aaron...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

blng_blng wrote:To say this in the paper on the kid???
I lose repsect for Carroll by the day...The best thing Carroll could do is ask Corp where he wants to transfer to...
Then do everything in his power to make it happen for Aaron...
I can't think of very many coaches that I repect more..
What Pete has done for SC and for the City of Los Angeles
period... he's an amazing guy...
Stop crying for Corp..SC football is the big time..either
you can hang or you can't..

Tony Dungy
Pete Carrol

My top 2.
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal »

kicks2 wrote:
I can't think of very many coaches that I repect more..
What Pete has done for SC and for the City of Los Angeles
period... he's an amazing guy...
Stop crying for Corp..SC football is the big time..either
you can hang or you can't..

Tony Dungy
Pete Carrol

My top 2.
It's all about Barkley....have you seen the way Carol looks at Matt...They may be dating....Just saying
RPW

Post by RPW »

1stngoal wrote:
It's all about Barkley....have you seen the way Carol looks at Matt...They may be dating....Just saying

Maybe Notorious can ask Pete about 1st dates.
I am The Voice of Reason
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

RPW wrote:

Don't corrupt the kid...we've got him on the right track.
1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal »

LOS ANGELES -- Pete Carroll is hoping the return of perhaps USC's two most important players will put the Trojans back on track after last week's loss at Washington.

Carroll is hopeful quarterback Matt Barkley and safety Taylor Mays will be able to play in Saturday night's home game against Washington State. Barkley is throwing again after missing last week with a bruised shoulder, while Mays is expected to practice Tuesday after sitting out his first college game with a knee injury.

Carroll also is back at work on a familiar task for the Trojans coach in recent years. He has to restore his talented players' confidence after another early-season Pac-10 loss likely knocked them out of the national title race yet again.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

RPW wrote:

Barkley's not my type so what's good for a first date for PC with his bf probably won't be the same as mine.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack »

I like your sig Notorious :mrgreen:
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

pattywannamack wrote:I like your sig Notorious :mrgreen:
I was a skeptic about it at first, but it didn't take long for me to realize that for better or worse it's 100% true.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
WalkingE

Post by WalkingE »

SC could let Corp play and they'd still win this week against lowly Wazzu. Let the kid accomplish some positives before kicking him to the curb. Even Mustain should be able to get in there this weekend.
Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband!
longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver »

What's with coach's now...placing the blame on a player. The Chaparral coach was
quoted on another site as blaming his QB for their loss to Centennial...his remarks
were brutal and I have never read of a coach doing that before. Now Pete Carroll
is placing blame on Corp. He certainly is not helping in bulding up his confidence
with his remarks. You never know if Barkley might get injured again and have to
use him...maybe he is planting the seed to put Mustain in instead of Corp.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

longtimeobserver wrote:What's with coach's now...placing the blame on a player. The Chaparral coach was
quoted on another site as blaming his QB for their loss to Centennial...his remarks
were brutal and I have never read of a coach doing that before. Now Pete Carroll
is placing blame on Corp. He certainly is not helping in bulding up his confidence
with his remarks. You never know if Barkley might get injured again and have to
use him...maybe he is planting the seed to put Mustain in instead of Corp.
Pete Carroll is a First Class A-Hole and everyone knows it. They guy wins and is a great recruiter but you won't find a bigger jerk than Carroll. Loved the expression on his face when the Washington kicker made that game-winning FG...it was priceless. F U Carroll!
1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal »

Carol shows his true colors again......Just like when Sanchez announced he was turning pro
fanolfb

Post by fanolfb »

It seems to me that Aaron's worst game was his HS varsity debut against Mater Dei in 2004. He seemed overwhelmed and lost then but he never looked back after that and O Lu could have gone 14-0 that year but for that game. I hope it's the same case here and he can regain his composure and confidence.

I don't think it's all Aaron's fault. The RB's mishandled the ball quite a few times also. And, there is some fault on the coaching and playcalling. They should have opened the playbook a bit more that would have favored their QB style. Making those conservative play calls when they can see is not working was not like SC. Their OC and QB coach were in their learning curve, as well.

As I said two years ago too, Aaron was not an SC-type of QB and, with 8 offers, he should have gone to a team that was more his style of play.

Just wishing him good luck in the future.