Jim Clausen should be #1 for the Heisman

MDDad

Re: Jim Clausen should be #1 for the Heisman

Post by MDDad »

ND7 wrote:The #1 qb in the NCAA. Only haters can't see it. :cheers:
Not so fast, Hurdle Boy. Let's wait until the Irish actually play against a boys team before we go overboard.

(Hope all is well.)

MDD
edac25

Post by edac25 »

IF the Irish can beat SC in 2 weeks AND Clauson plays well, the Heisman will be his to lose. Up to this point, he is hands-down the best player in America. His play has been off the charts and he is proving why he was the #1 recruit in the nation a few years ago. True he hasn't exactly put up these numbers against the nation's top defenses, but who have Tebow and McCoy (ESPN's #1 and #2 Heisman frontrunners) played against this season? Answer - even worse defenses than what Clausen has faced! Let's also remember that Clausen passed for 442 yards against the same defense (Washington) that ONLY allowed 115 passing yards to the Mighty USC Trojan Offense.

Again, it will come down to the USC game for not only Clausen's Heisman hopes, but for the Notre Dame Football Program's reputation.
ND7

Post by ND7 »

edac25 wrote:IF the Irish can beat SC in 2 weeks AND Clauson plays well, the Heisman will be his to lose. Up to this point, he is hands-down the best player in America. His play has been off the charts and he is proving why he was the #1 recruit in the nation a few years ago. True he hasn't exactly put up these numbers against the nation's top defenses, but who have Tebow and McCoy (ESPN's #1 and #2 Heisman frontrunners) played against this season? Answer - even worse defenses than what Clausen has faced! Let's also remember that Clausen passed for 442 yards against the same defense (Washington) that ONLY allowed 115 passing yards to the Mighty USC Trojan Offense.

Again, it will come down to the USC game for not only Clausen's Heisman hopes, but for the Notre Dame Football Program's reputation.
Amen Edac, all in for 10/17. :rockon:
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

ND7 wrote: Amen Edac, all in for 10/17. :rockon:
10-17 and 10-23...two biggest games of the year! What would I do with myself with an Irish win over SC and a Friar win over MD???? :mrgreen:
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

I don't think Clausen looked particularly polished in his HS games. I mean he had a weird throwing motion, and he never really played anybody. The Cardinal Newman game he looked lackluster. At least with Barkley even if he played poorly, you could tell he was a great prospect. That CN game had me questioning the very legitimacy of Oaks Christian's team and they had 10 D1 players on it (not including the injured MT for that game).

Clausen won't get the Heisman because he'll have to lead the Irish to at the very least a BCS bowl, and I don't think they'll be there with 3 losses. I'm not even sure they'll be there with 2 depending on how the season plays out.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
edac25

Post by edac25 »

Notorious wrote:I don't think Clausen looked particularly polished in his HS games. I mean he had a weird throwing motion, and he never really played anybody. The Cardinal Newman game he looked lackluster. At least with Barkley even if he played poorly, you could tell he was a great prospect. That CN game had me questioning the very legitimacy of Oaks Christian's team and they had 10 D1 players on it (not including the injured MT for that game).

Clausen won't get the Heisman because he'll have to lead the Irish to at the very least a BCS bowl, and I don't think they'll be there with 3 losses. I'm not even sure they'll be there with 2 depending on how the season plays out.
WTF are you talking about what this guy looked like 3 years ago?! We're talking about right now and right now there is not a single QB in the country that looks better than Clausen. If he keeps playing as well as he's playing not only will he be a Top 3 Heisman Candidate but according to the people on College Game Day (ESPN), he would be one of the top 3 QB's taken in the next NFL Draft. The game vs. SC will be HUGE...it's too bad Clausen won't have Michael Floyd out there...I would have loved to see ND's offense go at full strength against the Trojan Defense. Oh well, they'll have to beat them without him.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

I agree, at this point in the season Jimmy C. should be leading the race
179 QB rating! 1500yds. 12 TD w/ 2 picks.
And he is winning games late almost every week.
He needs a big game against SC and I'm not too sure that is going to happen
Hi
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

edac25 wrote: WTF are you talking about what this guy looked like 3 years ago?! We're talking about right now and right now there is not a single QB in the country that looks better than Clausen. If he keeps playing as well as he's playing not only will he be a Top 3 Heisman Candidate but according to the people on College Game Day (ESPN), he would be one of the top 3 QB's taken in the next NFL Draft. The game vs. SC will be HUGE...it's too bad Clausen won't have Michael Floyd out there...I would have loved to see ND's offense go at full strength against the Trojan Defense. Oh well, they'll have to beat them without him.

I hope "ya boy" Gallipo lights Clausen the F...up..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
Red

Post by Red »

ND7 wrote: Jimmy Clausen Heisman winner... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Nah, Matt Barkley is going to take it. :thumbsup:
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

edac25 wrote: WTF are you talking about what this guy looked like 3 years ago?! We're talking about right now and right now there is not a single QB in the country that looks better than Clausen. If he keeps playing as well as he's playing not only will he be a Top 3 Heisman Candidate but according to the people on College Game Day (ESPN), he would be one of the top 3 QB's taken in the next NFL Draft. The game vs. SC will be HUGE...it's too bad Clausen won't have Michael Floyd out there...I would have loved to see ND's offense go at full strength against the Trojan Defense. Oh well, they'll have to beat them without him.
Floyd being out is a huge loss. He is a top 5 receiver nationally.

Golden Tate is mean ass mofo too. Last week against Purdue, with Armando Allen out, he played WR, RB, and QB. He was taking snaps in the wildcat formation and doing it well. This week he had 244 yards receiving and almost 50 yards rushing. He also may be one of the best WRs in the nation.
edac25

Post by edac25 »

kicks2 wrote:

I hope "ya boy" Gallipo lights Clausen the F...up..
I hope Gallipo gets run over by ND RB's all game long. He will be the "enemy" on game day.
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

edac25 wrote: I hope Gallipo gets run over by ND RB's all game long. He will be the "enemy" on game day.
Pathetic...
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? »

[quote="kicks2"][/quote]

I hope "ya boy" Gallipo lights Clausen the F...up..[/quote]

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

edac25 wrote: I hope Gallipo gets run over by ND RB's all game long. He will be the "enemy" on game day.

I'm certain that there is NOT a RB in the country who can run over Gallipo
Gallipo is putting together and All-American type season BTW
Hi
RPW

Post by RPW »

~44~ wrote:

Gallipo has been run over in practice... does that count?
I am The Voice of Reason
THe Nug

Post by THe Nug »

~44~ wrote:

Speaking of big hits...

[youtube][/youtube]
Lancer4Life

Post by Lancer4Life »