Got my Argo win, Got my Irish win, all thats left.....

GGArgoFan

Got my Argo win, Got my Irish win, all thats left.....

Post by GGArgoFan »

Is to see the Trojans get spanked and the Pack sack Favre and the Vikes. :thumbsup:
1stngoal

Re: Got my Argo win, Got my Irish win, all thats left.....

Post by 1stngoal »

GGArgoFan wrote:Is to see the Trojans get spanked and the Pack sack Favre and the Vikes. :thumbsup:
And a Steelers win :thumbsup:
GGArgoFan

Post by GGArgoFan »

1stngoal wrote:
And a Steelers win :thumbsup:
I could go with that. :thumbsup: And sub my SC loss for a Patriot loss. :cheers:
teoslola

Post by teoslola »

Just an observation on things Californian.
I grew up in Orange County, and never understood why people who could not stand to live in their home states moved to California and then rooted against California teams at all sporting events? Your home areas apparently were not good enough for you to live there yet many still carry an allegiance to the teams from the areas you chose to abandon.
For example, I remember going to Angels games in the 70’s and hearing over half the crowd cheering for the Red Sox and this is when the Sox were worse than the Angels. I use this because I was born in Boston and when we moved to California, I rooted for the Angels and Dodgers. These days it should be even harder to maintain the feeling of being locked into the team where one formerly lived as there are very few players who stay their whole career with one team.
Cheering for out of the area college teams makes sense if you are an alum but then the vast majority of people I see rooting are just fans. I root for certain teams when friends of mine played on them, for example John Vallely at UCLA, but other than my own colleges I root for the local teams.
I figure if I am so fond of a certain team where I once lived, why didn’t I think it was good enough to live there…why does allegiance only go with the sports teams and not the area itself. None of the players are the same as when you lived there in 99% of the cases but the fondness remains just because of the ingredients I just do not understand.
I chose to live where I do and I root for the teams here. It’s near Minneapolis by the way. I thought this place was good enough for my family and me so why should I still be a fan of the Rams, before Georgia took them away of course, or the Clippers.
I now save my loyalties for the Twins etc and the Gophers for college, often a futile gesture. But they do have nice new stadiums for all but the Vikings. LA might get the Vikes in a couple years.
Anyway…all I am saying is I just don’t get it! This seems to be an almost totally Southern California oddity.
"splain this to me, Lucy!"
Barry a Costa Mesa High, OCC, CSUF, Saint Cloud (MN) State U grad.
1stngoal

Post by 1stngoal »

Born and raised in Southern California (44yrs).....Notre Dame, Steelers, Angels, Lakers and Kings.