Any more transfers to speak about?

SK80
Posts: 2384
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:17 am

Hey its a start and if you can't beat 'em..... uhhhhhhh JOIN 'EM !! =D>
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

User avatar
jb914
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by jb914 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 am

FriarJoe wrote:Servite just took in senior football QB transfer, Blaze McKibbin from Westlake (vis Serra). The whole Trinity League has officially fallen to the dark side...
I heard a loud popping sound, that must have been Professor Eric's head exploding. :shock:

Sweetness34
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Sweetness34 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:39 am

Blaze McKibben 6-5 200 started out as Serra's starting QB last season, but lost the job to Doug Brumfield, late in the year. Brumfield's stock has taken off this spring. McKibben went to Westlake this spring was apparently the starter, but still was rotating with another QB. Now he's the guy at Servite.

It gives the Friars someone who can throw the ball down field with some experience

McKibben put up decent numbers, 17 TD, 5 ints but low on the completion percentage 57% in 9 games.

Who is the Trinity RB that transfer to Servite?

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: rule violation edited

---

But feel free to continue to allow racist, bigoted, vile, contribution-less lies to flow. That's not a "rule violation." As always, nothing to see there. :-" :foilhat: :hide: :shrug: :thumbsup:

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm

FriarJoe wrote: And if you don’t think taking public school transfers their senior year is at the very least against what parochial schools have typically done then you really have no appreciation for how these schools have historically carried themselves.
"Siri, is Westlake High School a public school?"

"I found Westlake High School, a public school in Westlake Village, California. Is that what you're looking for?"

"Siri, who is Blaze Mckibbin?"

"Blaze McKibbin is an American football quarterback who has transferred to two different high schools in the offseason before his senior season, most recently from Westlake High School -- a public school -- to Servite High School -- a paraochial school 73 miles away that believes in the 'four-year experience' and doesn't prioritize aid to athletes."

"Thanks Siri"
FriarJoe wrote: Doesn’t happen and wouldn’t happen at Servite. That I know for certain.
Oh really bud?
FriarJoe wrote: I think everyone can see what is happening. Just look online and see the overall public sentiment against MD and Bosco and their tactics.
Yeah, how about that.

User avatar
Professor Fate
Posts: 4691
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:55 pm

jb914 wrote: I heard a loud popping sound, that must have been Professor Eric's head exploding.
That very well could have happened, except BBB warned me that it might happen.
by BBB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:19 pm

I also heard Servite’s current admin is open to senior transfers for the first time. Looks like the ARMS race in the Trinity is growing!

Unfortunately for you professor I am not rattling your cage. It’s coming. I did hear it’s limited to helping build back up the numbers.
This is the first sign of it happening, and while he will be a senior, he played for three years at Gardena Serra, so he won't have any trouble fulfilling the religion requirement.

He looks like a good one, but I still don't like it. I have said more than once this year that I would rather get curb-stomped for two years, while we build the team from the ground up. But I don't have any say in it. My preference would have been to go with Damien Moun who played only basketball and ran track for Servite this past school year, but who is a Josiah Norwood type QB, who could have done the job for Servite. Or even to go with the incoming freshman QB, or last year's backups and lower lever QBs.

BBB stated that he heard that any upperclassmen transfers would be "limited to helping build back the numbers."
I hope he's right. I will root for the kid, but I would have rather gone with Damien Moun, or one of the other kids we already have.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:10 pm

jb914 wrote:
I heard a loud popping sound, that must have been Professor Eric's head exploding.
"No I knew and the kid's got religion and we're backbuilding and it's limited and and and ..."
IMG_7902.GIF

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm

OC Sports wrote: If you have already identified the kids, and according to you there exist “enough evidence” and “proven examples” and “everyone can see what is happening” well then just give us one example of this. You have already named the kid, just tell us what benefit beyond tuition assistance a single kid has received.
FriarJoe wrote: There is a saying used in the law - res ipsa loquitur, which means the thing speaks for itself. It so apparent that it really doesn’t require further debate or evidence. Take a snapshot of a monarch Team photo from 6-8 years ago and compare it to the present. Go back about 10 years with Bosco and do the same.
The barely veiled "message" that FJ is attempting to convey here is that Mater Dei and Bosco have a lack of white kids in their team pictures these days, which, translated in Domingo, obviously means they have a lot of destitute kids with no morals, no intelligence, who come from families asking for handouts, who are getting extra benefits beyond what must be completely free tuition, and who are ruining the immaculate (pure white) Catholic traditions of yesteryear. Having non-white kids in the team picture = selling your soul to win. Yes, that is disgusting rhetoric, but as I had to remind another user last night, people are allowed to express what they want to in America.

In legal terms (as he cited), FJ is saying that because he has a premise, his conclusions must be true. In the law, this is called circular reasoning or "a strawman argument." This type of argument is particularly hard to retract from while maintaining any dignity, once disintegrated by simple questioning that involves logic. See: FJ fleeing to hide under a rock once his "argument" was destroyed by OCS.

Speaking of Latin phrases, there's another that applies here: "Actori incumbit onus probatio."

Domingo
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Domingo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm

NotDonaldBren wrote:Last edited by John Q. Public on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: rule violation edited

---

But feel free to continue to allow racist, bigoted, vile, contribution-less lies to flow. That's not a "rule violation." As always, nothing to see there. :-" :foilhat: :hide: :shrug: :thumbsup:
Run and tell the teacher did we? LOL. Did I offend you with my comments about 90% of the starters at Mater Dei being either Black or Samoan? Or did you take offense to the plain fact that NONE of these players had ever attended a private, tuition-paying school before they stepped foot on Mater Dei's campus. Let me guess, it was the comment about their parents being fine with sending their boys, at no cost to them, to crap school districts like Rancho Cucamonga Unified for K-8? Was that the "vile" and "bigoted" comment that made you run to the board moderator? You brave Social Justice Warrior you!

If what I'm stating are indeed FACTS, what's the problem? The Monarch Defense last year had ONE non Black/Samoan starter. Won't be much different this year will it? Same goes for the offense. So tell me, if this is the truth, am I lyin'?

Buck
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Buck » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Damn..... Domingo is going full Trump on the board snowflakes. The truth hurts.... this isn’t your Groots, Blanton MD teams nor your McMaster, Meza Bosco teams.

MDDad
Posts: 12119
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by MDDad » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:37 pm

I apologize for coming back, but blatant lies need to be pointed out. I promise this will be quick.
Domingo wrote:Did I offend you with my comments about 90% of the starters at Mater Dei being either Black or Samoan?
That is a lie. Eight starters (36%) were neither black nor "Samoan": Tommy Brown, Bubba Gonzalez, Mason Kolinchak, Nikko Remigio, J.T. Daniels, Jack Genova, Steele Dubar and Nathan White.
The Monarch Defense last year had ONE non Black/Samoan starter.
That is a lie. Jack Genova, Steele Dubar and Nathan White were the three defensive starters who weren't black or "Samoan".
So tell me, if this is the truth, am I lyin'?
Yes, you're lying...or you can't count.

That's it, I'm out.

OC Sports
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by OC Sports » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:37 pm

FriarJoe,

With all due respect to you and the great enthusiasm you display for your school, I have come to believe you have no idea what is happening at MD and if a transfer is receiving anything more than tuition assistance.

I arrive at this conclusion by simply observing that you don't even know what is happening at your own school. One evening you write that Servite would never accept a senior transfer. The next morning it is confirmed that Servite has accepted a senior transfer.

It has been great batting it back and forth with you. No hard feelings. I do hope Servite is able to turn things around.

Until next time.

downtothewire
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 am

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by downtothewire » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Why does color of skin or nationality matter? I have asked this question over the years and no one who makes these comments ever bothers to explain why this matters. Not ONCE.

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 8525
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Domingo wrote:what I'm stating are indeed FACTS
Buck wrote: The truth hurts
This must be OCC alt-right 2-for-1 Day, MDDAD bagged 2 with one shot. One more for the turkey...any takers?

Nice move hitching your wagon to Daforno/Domingo/DiGiorno's wagon, Buck. How'd that work out for ya?

"Facts"..."the Truth"...you guys wouldn't know the truth if it was tattooed with fluorescent ink on the inside of your colons.

Domingo
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Domingo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm

MDDad wrote:That is a lie. Eight starters (36%) were neither black nor "Samoan": Tommy Brown, Bubba Gonzalez, Mason Kolinchak, Nikko Remigio, J.T. Daniels, Jack Genova, Steele Dubar and Nathan White.
Oh this is great! You're right MDDAD, 64% of the starters last year were either Black or Samoan. SIXTY-FOUR!! Is this Mater Dei or Long Beach Poly??? Trivia for you all: What percent of students in Orange County Catholic Schools are either Black or Samoan? 2%? 3% maybe? How many of Mater Dei's Black or Samoan starters attended a private school from K-8? I'll wait patiently for the answer.

This is the problem I have with what Bosco started and Mater Dei has taken to another level. The game that meant so much to so many for so many years has been destroyed. Tradition has been forgotten. All pride gone. No Catholic kids on the field anymore. What joy did you get from watching last year's team? The joy of finally not getting our teeth kicked in by Jason Negro? What a God Damn joke!

SK80
Posts: 2384
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 pm

round and round ......
homer-spin.gif
homer-spin.gif (690.24 KiB) Viewed 585 times
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:56 pm

I smelled something foul on the board, like PILE OF MAGGOTS foul, so I assume that our resident taint slime may have surfaced from Its sulphur pit again to complain about the white genocide going on in the Trinity League.

We needn't worry about having to interact with It. You can maintain your distance and not be affected by Its stench, as It will be readily identifiable headed to a game near you with Bo & Luke Duke, Richard Spencer and the rest of the Neck Brotherhood ...
confederate-flag-truck.jpg
Last edited by NotDonaldBren on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eddyr2
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by Eddyr2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Domingo wrote:Oh this is great! You're right MDDAD, 64% of the starters last year were either Black or Samoan. SIXTY-FOUR!! Is this Mater Dei or Long Beach Poly??? Trivia for you all: What percent of students in Orange County Catholic Schools are either Black or Samoan? 2%? 3% maybe? How many of Mater Dei's Black or Samoan starters attended a private school from K-8? I'll wait patiently for the answer.

This is the problem I have with what Bosco started and Mater Dei has taken to another level. The game that meant so much to so many for so many years has been destroyed. Tradition has been forgotten. All pride gone. No Catholic kids on the field anymore. What joy did you get from watching last year's team? The joy of finally not getting our teeth kicked in by Jason Negro? What a God Damn joke!
This Sunday guy sound like a real bigot...
who else is going to Vegas to watch the GORMAN game? 2018’s MD team is going to be lit fam!

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Eddyr2 wrote: who else is going to Vegas to watch the GORMAN game?
Its going to be on the primetime ESPN kickoff package. Plus the SouthPointe Superbook has the early line at MD -14. So I'd think it'd be better to save that cheddar, unless you really have an inkling to play some No Limit Texas Hold 'Em.

NotDonaldBren
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 pm

downtothewire wrote: Why does color of skin or nationality matter? I have asked this question over the years and no one who makes these comments ever bothers to explain why this matters. Not ONCE.
What would you expect from Necks? A question like that will only allow their protein-inhibited brains to compute responses like "snowflake" or "social justice warrior" or "Beta" or "shill" .... or the teabagger favorite: "Cuck." You might as well ask a dog why it licks its nethers.
IMG_7907.JPG

Post Reply