Klay Thompson Drafted Into NBA

regularbob

Re: Klay Thompson Drafted Into NBA

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Heywould wrote:
Sorry Bob, I never saw him play in high school. I was merely pointing out your exaggeration about him being a 2nd Round pick. You act like it's impressive to be drafted in the first round. I showed you 30 guys above and he is better than 20 of them.
He wasnt better than 20 of them because technically he was draft eligible for all of those years but didnt make the jump.....WHY?? Because he wouldnt be selected higher than any of them if he made the jump.
He made a smart decision on waiting until he could get the maximum payout. Period.
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Heywould wrote:
Did you forget your meds today?
No, he got a hold of Klay's secret stash....

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:27 pm

regularbob wrote: He wasnt better than 20 of them because technically he was draft eligible for all of those years but didnt make the jump.....WHY?? Because he wouldnt be selected higher than any of them if he made the jump.
He made a smart decision on waiting until he could get the maximum payout. Period.
Now your stubborness is making you look foolish. He was the 11th pick in ths draft to imply he would be 20 picks worse in previous drafts is preposterous. He must have lit up your Monarchs.
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Heywould wrote:
Now your stubborness is making you look foolish. He was the 11th pick in ths draft to imply he would be 20 picks worse in previous drafts is preposterous. He must have lit up your Monarchs.
Sorry...but he would have slipped in any other drafts. The kid can score, period. Overall though he is highly inconsistant and ineffecient. He lacks on the defensive end and overall he is not that athletic for a SG. Read any draft stock profile and you will see I am pretty much spot on. I will let the MD comment go, because obivously you havent done your homework.

Red

Post by Red » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 pm

RoadRunner wrote:SCORE A POINT GET A JOINT :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
A poet, but didnt know it. :mrgreen:

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm

regularbob wrote: Sorry...but he would have slipped in any other drafts. The kid can score, period. Overall though he is highly inconsistant and ineffecient. He lacks on the defensive end and overall he is not that athletic for a SG. Read any draft stock profile and you will see I am pretty much spot on. I will let the MD comment go, because obivously you havent done your homework.

lol..obviously..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Red

Post by Red » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Buc Pride wrote:Make a lay-up, light a jay up
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:41 pm

regularbob wrote: Sorry...but he would have slipped in any other drafts. The kid can score, period. Overall though he is highly inconsistant and ineffecient. He lacks on the defensive end and overall he is not that athletic for a SG. Read any draft stock profile and you will see I am pretty much spot on. I will let the MD comment go, because obivously you havent done your homework.
I can't find one thing that says he should be a 2nd rounder...
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

slowyoroll wrote:

lol..obviously..
Oh great kicks is here! Let's get her draft prognostication...............

Red

Post by Red » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Heywould wrote:
He was a very good high school player, however he did not light up the Monarchs.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Heywould wrote: Oh great kicks is here! Let's get her draft prognostication...............
I didn't watch the draft..(i only watch NFL draft) How about lets here how Klay lit up
the Monarchs?
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

RPW

Post by RPW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 pm

ancient wrote:Hey, Bambinos, this is Tony speakin. Stop busting the Babe's chops or I gotta stick my hand down your puny l'il throats and squeeze your esophagi till your bug eyes go "pop," and alls left in your puny little voices is the whimper of a l'il puppy. But, I'll let you live cuz I like dogs.

But, Bullet-Tooth Tony, before you mutilate my L'il Tigger friends, let me ask Bob if he feels similarly judgmental about dope smoking, deadbeat parenting former quarterbacks. Or RPW how he feels about suicidal white supremacist linemen who crash and burn at SC.

I will take "Crazy ____ from Coto" for $500 and the win.
I am The Voice of Reason

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Heywould wrote:
I can't find one thing that says he should be a 2nd rounder...
Its because of the lack of talent in THIS DRAFT. You wont find one that projected him as a second rounder for THIS DRAFT. If you add in the talent that could have come out, Sullinger, etc... he falls to a 21-25 first round pick and at that point any one of those guys are interchangable and stock can fall. He had a great junior year only and parlayed that into the pick he was taken at because those other guys stayed in school. AGAIN- ANY OTHER draft he would fall. Take a look at the top 11 picks for the same last 3 years. He doesnt belong there. Everybody that knows basketball knows that this 2011 draft was a horribly weak draft. He made a great decision to leave school this year.

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
I didn't watch the draft..(i only watch NFL draft) How about lets here how Klay lit upthe Monarchs?
:ROFL:

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Heywould wrote: Oh great kicks is here! Let's get her draft prognostication...............
:ROFL: :ROFL:
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Wiley wrote: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Don't know what you're laughing at..what do posters say about you?
:ROFL:

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

ringer

Post by ringer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 pm

You should get a job with the Warriors' front office, since your skills at evaluating talent obviously exceed anyone on their draft team. Yes, indeed.

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:19 pm

ringer wrote:

You should get a job with the Warriors' front office, since your skills at evaluating talent obviously exceed anyone on their draft team. Yes, indeed.
Not enough money and the team is in a terrible neighborhood. I have more fun watching/helping AAU kids develop their game. On second thought maybe the Warriors could use me....Have you seen their teams the last few years??

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Look here is scout's grade report on Klay:
Name: Klay Thompson Size: 6’6 200
College/International Team: Washington State
College/International Position: Shooting Guard
NBA Position: Shooting Guard/Small Forward
Immediate Role: Reserve Guard or Starting Shooting Guard
Floor: Reserve Guard
Ceiling: Solid Starting Guard

Talent- 7
Skill- 8
Versatility- 7.5
Length-7
Offensive Presence- 7.5
Defensive Presence- 7
Production- 10
B-Ball I.Q. – 8.5
NBA Ready- 8
Potential- 8

It Factor- No

Overall Grade: 78.5

Strengths:

+ Sound Shooter

+Good Size

+ Pedigree

Weaknesses:

- Not A Great Athlete

- Ball-Handling

- Doesn’t Have Great Length

My Take: Thompson is the son of former number one pick Mychel Thompson but he has carved out his own niche as a basketball player. Thompson isn’t the athlete that his father was but he does have a sweet shooting stroke. He doesn’t have the ceiling that teams would like but he doesn’t have a low floor like some younger players.

Thompson will be able to step in immediately and fit into a rotation as a shooter.

So would you use a #11 pick (basically a lottery pick) on a C+ grade player???

WalkingE

Post by WalkingE » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:22 pm

HIT SOME J'S, NOW TIME TO BLAZE
Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband!