Football player, 1 other held in 'acid bomb' attacks

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Football player, 1 other held in 'acid bomb' attacks

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 pm

pattywannamack wrote:
Very true. I broke my wrist last night and they tried to give me vicodin. Albeit my wrist was in quite a bit of pain but it wasn't worth going into some pain-killer stupor for a day over. I asked for something less intense and got a prescription of some extra strength ibuprofen to help reduce the swelling and inflammation. I've been perfectly happy with it thus far, and probably won't take it any more than I have to. In my opinion pills can only do so much, a proper diet, rest, and exercise is what is really needed to be happy and healthy.
Ouch!

I did the same with a sprained shoulder a year or so ago. The doctor prescribed Vicodin but said I'd do just as well taking Advil by the handful. I killed a bottle in about a week and the narcotics weren't necessary.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

afan95

Post by afan95 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 am

John Q. Public wrote: Ouch!

I did the same with a sprained shoulder a year or so ago. The doctor prescribed Vicodin but said I'd do just as well taking Advil by the handful. I killed a bottle in about a week and the narcotics weren't necessary.
Gotta watch that Advil though; it can cause stomach bleeding if you're susceptible. Also just a tip...a doctor I know got the generic version of Vicodin once. He said that put him over the moon like the non-generic version never did. (The guy's a big athlete and is constantly killing his knees so he has had lots of surgery)

PS Sorry about your wrist Patty...heal well!!
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 am

I just did some youtube watching to try and figure out what these guys were up to. It seems that there is a difference between a "Dry Ice Bomb" and an "Acid Bomb" made from hyrochloric acid (HCL). My curiosity was aroused when the adults bail was set so high and the juvies were released to their parents

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 am

Notorious wrote: Vicodin won't really do anything to you if you take the prescribed amount, I know it varies from person to person, but I've never heard of anyone really having the mind altering part of side effects when only taking the prescribed amount and then not mixing with alcohol.

Vicodin much like weed does nothing for me and I've never understood why people get addicted to painkillers unless they have actual pain. That junk just makes people sleepy and/or incoherent to when I see someone on it.
That's the problem people that like to take pills take vicoden by the handfuls..I worked in a rehad for years..I've seen addicts come off this stuff..the withdraws are NO DIFFERENT than coming off a heroin...there was a lady there that took up to 100 vic a day..yes, 100! Her addiction was so bad that she would throw up because of all of the pills and eat her throw up so she wouldn't lose any of the pills..true story
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:53 pm

oceanvue wrote:I just did some youtube watching to try and figure out what these guys were up to. It seems that there is a difference between a "Dry Ice Bomb" and an "Acid Bomb" made from hyrochloric acid (HCL). My curiosity was aroused when the adults bail was set so high and the juvies were released to their parents
What is the difference between the two BOMBS?

The difference in charges and the fact that the minors were released is not surprising, juvies are much easier to deal with and will most likely make great witnesses if that is how it pans out. I remember being on a road trip and a group of our redsrirts got thirsty on a friday night and decided to steel some beer from a little market, what they did not plan on was that the cops were on a stakeout there and were not to happy that these guys crashed the party. All five were held on felony obstruction of justice charges $10,000 bond until Monday morning. They ended up pleading not guilty and went through a diversion program that included a lot of community service. Cops Know how to get their point across when they want to. Their scholarships were pulled and they had to pay for school on their own. Two of the five made it with one eventually becoming an All-American. Bad seeds, well maybe. I have no idea what happend to the three that dropped out, but of the two that stayed one is a cop in the same city and the other is a high school principal.

Dumb, stupid and young!

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:15 am

I'm just not sure whether it was a dry ice or a acid bomb. The intents would be different. Releasing minors and holding the adults on $10k bond and a releasing and holding on a $million bond are worlds apart. A crime that is the severe and warrants a $million "risk of flight" bond is almost always going to prosecute the juvies as adults. Nonetheless these kids are stupid

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 am

Charges reduced to misdemeanors, characterization reduced to "prank".

http://missionviejodispatch.com/crime-p ... sdemeanor/

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 am

John Q. Public wrote:Charges reduced to misdemeanors, characterization reduced to "prank".http://missionviejodispatch.com/crime-p ... sdemeanor/
It won't be a "prank" when the civil suits are filed.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

oceanvue wrote:I'm just not sure whether it was a dry ice or a acid bomb. The intents would be different. Releasing minors and holding the adults on $10k bond and a releasing and holding on a $million bond are worlds apart. A crime that is the severe and warrants a $million "risk of flight" bond is almost always going to prosecute the juvies as adults. Nonetheless these kids are stupid
Oh really, is that why the charges in this case were reduced to Misdemeaners also, this is what the cops do. I really have no problem with it because it gives authorities a little time to make sure public safety comes first and keeps these guys of the streets for a few days.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:28 am

MDDad wrote: It won't be a "prank" when the civil suits are filed.
So you don't think their "Oh c'mon, kids'll be kids" defense is going to work for them?

I'm guessing credit for time already spent, large fine and a couple years of community service. And they'll be lucky if they can play for Saddleback for the next few years.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 am

John Q. Public wrote: So you don't think their "Oh c'mon, kids'll be kids" defense is going to work for them?

I'm guessing credit for time already spent, large fine and a couple years of community service. And they'll be lucky if they can play for Saddleback for the next few years.
I agree, add in some counseling and it should be over, however, parents have egos about more than sports and even though two of them are adults, they are realistically still kids. Pure speculation, but with a $15,000 bond at potentially $1,000 per charge and I am thinking pushing ones luck could land someone a little jail time if this goes to trial.

Despite what most us think, lawsuits in cases like this are not all that common, was there enough damages and pain to warrant actual costs or punitive damages?

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 am

THETRUTH wrote:
Oh really, is that why the charges in this case were reduced to Misdemeaners also, this is what the cops do. I really have no problem with it because it gives authorities a little time to make sure public safety comes first and keeps these guys of the streets for a few days.
you're weird

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:16 am

oceanvue wrote:
you're weird
You were wrong!

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:56 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
You were wrong!

You're right I was wrong...You're really weird

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:50 pm

oceanvue wrote:

You're right I was wrong...You're really weird
Ok, that means a lot on a message board.