Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show?

User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Grand Supreme » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

afan95 wrote:Yes, and that was the same kid that later said the scholarship was his way out of Long Beach. Lara's comments went in one ear and out the other. These kids see Kobe, LeBron, Ochocinco or whatever his name is at the moment, etc and all they see is the bling.

They should listen to Herm Edwards' speech that he gave to this year's incoming rookies...now that was a life lesson for every young man.
I think Lara keeps it real with them kids...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley

Old School
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Old School » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:12 am

I enjoy the show, but from the clips I see they are poorly coached. All the d-line does is bull rush or speed rush. I am yet to see one move. The o line is slow, cant kick slide very well and gets off balance lunging forward. Coach's kid has a wierd throwing motion and the QBs do not step into throws very well. In general alot of sloppy technique...
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...

User avatar
Grand Supreme
Posts: 13672
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Grand Supreme » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:52 am

Old School wrote:In general a lot of sloppy technique...
But at Poly the slowest kid runs a 4.5/40...
That's the difference...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley

User avatar
war pigs
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:51 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by war pigs » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:44 am

Grand Supreme wrote:I liked it...
I have more respect for Lara now...
You have to be a parole officer to deal w/ Eastside LBC kids...
Lara can coach them up during the day, and throw their ass in jail at night.
\|/

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by RPW » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 am

war pigs wrote:
Lara can coach them up during the day, and throw their ass in jail at night.

Sounds like a day in the life of South County HS students.
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
regularbob
Posts: 2162
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:24 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by regularbob » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 am

RPW wrote:

Sounds like a day in the life of South County HS students.
#-o #-o
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Notorious » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:11 pm

RPW wrote:

Sounds like a day in the life of South County HS students.
Except South County kids actually have bail money.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Old School
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Old School » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:03 am

I heard Raul's kid is now a wr. I bet he plays?
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...

Whatthe?
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Whatthe? » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 am

RPW wrote:

Sounds like a day in the life of South County HS students.
Not really.....

In South County two kids throw dry ice bonbs at passing cars (which in it's self is stupid and they deserve to be punished) and this is front page news.....In Long Beach kids are murdering each other (gang activity) or shooting at each other and it is not reported because it is a daily occurrence.

Trust me SOC is no where near Long Beach as far as crimes committed

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by RPW » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 am

Whatthe? wrote:
Not really.....

In South County two kids throw dry ice bonbs at passing cars (which in it's self is stupid and they deserve to be punished) and this is front page news.....In Long Beach kids are murdering each other (gang activity) or shooting at each other and it is not reported because it is a daily occurrence.

Trust me SOC is no where near Long Beach as far as crimes committed
Crime is crime and South County has their share.
I am The Voice of Reason

Whatthe?
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by Whatthe? » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 am

RPW wrote:
Crime is crime and South County has their share.
Again, The level of a crime is different and a Mistermeaner vs a Felony is different. So you can not lump crimes into one big pile

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by RPW » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 am

RPW wrote: Felony crime is felony crime and South County has their share.
Whatthe? wrote:
Again, The level of a crime is different and a Mistermeaner vs a Felony is different. So you can not lump crimes into one big pile

I fixed it.
The only difference from a kid getting stabbed at a house party in Aliso vs Long Beach is the price of the house.
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
atgreek
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:26 am

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by atgreek » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:14 am

What's a Mister Meaner? Sounds like a head coach somwhere.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:20 am

atgreek wrote:What's a Mister Meaner? Sounds like a head coach somwhere.
In South County

User avatar
hitters2
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by hitters2 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:59 am

war pigs wrote:
Lara can coach them up during the day, and throw their ass in jail at night.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

THe Nug
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Anyone Watching LB Poly's Hard Knocks-esque Reality Show

Post by THe Nug » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 am

RPW wrote:
Crime is crime and South County has their share.
South County parents are clueless. All your kids are on drugs. Especially the private school kids.

Post Reply