OC Connect High School Football Forum is DEAD

RPW

OC Connect High School Football Forum is DEAD

Post by RPW » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah, I said it. This place is filled with.... Not a damn thing. Looking back over the last 5 years, each off-season this board (along with OCV) was filled with topics to keep you busy. Sure many of those topics were so far off base it had nothing to do with sports it still kept us glued to the boards. Now??? Not a damn thing. This place died like the career of USC tailbacks over the last 5 years.

Death comes in three:
1. New Mods with directions to suck the life out of the place
2. Tank, Buc, LUCA and Nug (although NUG went out like a bitch)
3. ?????

Just know it's coming.
I am The Voice of Reason

Old School

Re: OC Connect High School Football Forum is DEAD

Post by Old School » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Max Cady is your third...the guy was off the wall, and the way he and Wiley went at it
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Old School wrote:Max Cady is your third...the guy was off the wall, and the way he and Wiley went at it

Max was irrelevant and I would add Cockroach before I add him. Either way both of those guys preceed #1 on my list.
I am The Voice of Reason

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Certain posters that I won't name didn't help thing with their constant whining like little bi@tches reporting other posters.. :roll:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

LanceSterling

Post by LanceSterling » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:24 pm

I blame Zebra.

He stopped posting the rule questions.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:53 pm

LanceSterling wrote:I blame Zebra.
He stopped posting the rule questions.
Zebra is a nice guy..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Zebra kicks butt

LanceSterling

Post by LanceSterling » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
Zebra is a nice guy..

Ya, so. I did not say differently.

He did stop posting questions or did I miss that fact I made an honest post?

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 pm

LanceSterling wrote:

Uh..relax, I wasn't suggesting that you were saying anything differently..
I was just chiming in on Zebra..geez

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm

RPW wrote:Yeah, I said it. This place is filled with.... Not a damn thing. Looking back over the last 5 years, each off-season this board (along with OCV) was filled with topics to keep you busy. Sure many of those topics were so far off base it had nothing to do with sports it still kept us glued to the boards. Now??? Not a damn thing. This place died like the career of USC tailbacks over the last 5 years.

Death comes in three:
1. New Mods with directions to suck the life out of the place
2. Tank, Buc, LUCA and Nug (although NUG went out like a bitch)
3. ?????

Just know it's coming.
You're right. Compared to that other board, the lack of football talk on this one is like a dirt sandwich.

GOODave gone. Tank suicide victim. Wolves pretty much gone. Luca gone. Nug died during sex-change operation. ThomasDad gone. Buc gone and campaigning for Steve Garvey. Fandan/Opinionated gone. RSM789 lynched. ExRep gone. Chopblock gone. Pattywannamack grown up and gone. Batman gone. Max undergoing psycho evaluation without a PC. HBNoble gone. Exocet 98 who cares. Notorious too busy making up stories to post. Edac turned into a part-time sniper, carnival making too heavy demands on his time. Cockroach hibernating.

Any forum that loses that much wit and crap in a year is going to have a hard time maintaining any kind of momentum.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 pm

JQP is doing the same thing Tank-a-roni did, he's throwing down poison pills to kill the board

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 pm

MDDad wrote:
You're right. Compared to that other board, the lack of football talk on this one is like a dirt sandwich.

GOODave gone. Tank suicide victim. Wolves pretty much gone. Luca gone. Nug died during sex-change operation. ThomasDad gone. Buc gone and campaigning for Steve Garvey. Fandan/Opinionated gone. RSM789 lynched. ExRep gone. Chopblock gone. Pattywannamack grown up and gone. Batman gone. Max undergoing psycho evaluation without a PC. HBNoble gone. Exocet 98 who cares. Notorious too busy making up stories to post. Edac turned into a part-time sniper, carnival making too heavy demands on his time. Cockroach hibernating.
Any forum that loses that much wit and crap in a year is going to have a hard time maintaining any kind of momentum.
I miss Roachs' writing..he's damn good at it..

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 pm

You also need to take into account JQP has been weeding out multiple alias'.. that's several hundred right there --:--

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

MDDad wrote:

I blame that little punk ass Paul. His skinny little ass took out RSM, Hurl, GoodDave and caused Max to think he was interesting.
I am The Voice of Reason

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:44 pm

LanceSterling wrote:

Honest post LS :notworthy: Thanks guys :thumbsup: I do take some blame because I hate not finishing what I start. I'm in limbo right now cuz I'm negotiating (hegging) with my powers to be to keep posting the rules questions. I've got them convinced that it is a good thing but they want me to be sure that I'm being 100% correct on the answers so to not put any heat on them if I screw up a question, like I did a few years back (difference between a 5 yrd or 10 yrd enforcement on something). Hey, every once in awhile, we bite one ... true story. I average 4 missed questions every year on our classification exam of 125 questions. So as soon as I get clearance to fire at will again, I'll start posting up. I do owe you guys an answer to the last question though and that'll be my first one when I start up. Hopefully soon, it was going so well ... :cheers:
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 pm

JQP can't just pull the plug so he's poisoning the well. I mean look what's left around here a bunch of fringe fanatics. It's all just a psychedelic spiral downward

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:29 pm

oceanvue wrote:JQP can't just pull the plug so he's poisoning the well. I mean look what's left around here a bunch of fringe fanatics. It's all just a psychedelic spiral downward
Attachments
harryhendersons.jpg
harryhendersons.jpg (34.96 KiB) Viewed 818 times
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:50 pm

oceanvue wrote:JQP can't just pull the plug so he's poisoning the well. I mean look what's left around here a bunch of fringe fanatics. It's all just a psychedelic spiral downward
Name calling is no longer allowed, please insert Paul/Omar, Wabbie/El Roy/Rosewood, and the Vile Moderator
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:07 pm

slowyoroll wrote:
I miss Roachs' writing..he's damn good at it..
Yes, CR was one of the best. RSM789 was awesome himself as was OPINIONATED. Maybe JQP will wipe the slate clean for EVERYBODY in the spirit of why we all came here....high school football.

atgreek

Post by atgreek » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Interesting story.

Just because some of you are reminiscing it doesn't wipe off the number of requests I had to ban Bling. His mouth did him in and his posts were often inflammatory.

The board may seem dead because the champ of 20,000 posts on two boards is not around, however, the football season will bring new posters that will stck as long as personal attacks are moderated, or better yet, not posted.

Luca left partly because of what the threads would deteriorate into.

I belong to a board where insults and personal attacks are strictly moderated and new posters are comfortable posting.

If you miss the inflammatory comments, you know where to find them.