atgreek wrote:

I'll let Buc Pride back in.

how about Tank?

atgreek

Re: OC Connect High School Football Forum is DEAD

Post by atgreek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

oceanvue wrote:

how about Tank?

Tank's comments to me, although in private were reprehensible. I'm not ready to let him back in yet.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 am

atgreek wrote:Interesting story.

Just because some of you are reminiscing it doesn't wipe off the number of requests I had to ban Bling. His mouth did him in and his posts were often inflammatory.

The board may seem dead because the champ of 20,000 posts on two boards is not around, however, the football season will bring new posters that will stck as long as personal attacks are moderated, or better yet, not posted.

Luca left partly because of what the threads would deteriorate into.

I belong to a board where insults and personal attacks are strictly moderated and new posters are comfortable posting.

If you miss the inflammatory comments, you know where to find them.

Funny how the O Lu fan who talks about having sex with someones mother gets to stay on. If you are going to clean up all the filth, lets be fair about it.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am

Good than it's a deal

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 am

atgreek wrote:

I'll let Buc Pride back in.
:eh?: double secret probation?

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 am

THETRUTH wrote:
Funny how the O Lu fan who talks about having sex with someones mother gets to stay on. If you are going to clean up all the filth, lets be fair about it.
I had sex with someones mother just last night

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am

oceanvue wrote:
I had sex with someones mother just last night

You shouldn't make fun of your right hand like that!

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 am

SoMelo wrote: :eh?: double secret probation?
Tank is coming back only to create one last F'u thread.
I am The Voice of Reason

Wolves

Post by Wolves » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 am

More good folks have been kicked out of OCC than drunk Servites at a homecoming game.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 am

Chopblock wrote: Hola – I am gone but not entirely out of the picture as I have been lurking in the background for some time now. I kind of lost interest when this place turned into the “All blng-dong All The Time Festival of Inane Drivel. “ High school sports march on – but the commentary and smacktalk associated with it has died on the vine.

This forum has allowed the whiners and malcontents to dumb down the allowable content and scope of what its members are capable of writing. Oddly, I find myself agreeing with something Max succinctly posted on numerous occasions; “Don’t like Max, don’t read Max.” I thank JQP for providing this forum – but I am of the opinion that he needs to let the readers decide for themselves what they want to read.

For me the heyday was on the OCV site just before the moderators there shot it in the head. What an amazing online experience filled with an incredible collection of eclectic posters whose contributions spanned the entire spectrum of communication from total crap to total brilliance. Each day was a cacophony of sound and fury from all sides of the county. You could always count on having something entertaining to read from a multitude of posters who became part of our lives each day. Insults, bravado, witicisms, lore, challenges (the roach vs blng – classic!), polls, play-by-play, The Holy War – MD vs Servite, fiction, the Goat, the Head, football, basketball, track, soccer, baseball, love and hate were grist for the mill and provided a fantastic outlet for all comers.

With apologies to those who are not mentioned, here are a few of my hazy recollections which still bring a smile to face: Max’s twisted, tortured, Tarball takes and mutliple personalities (closely followed by the Parrot squawking in full agreement - I always wondered if Paul made up Max or Max made up Paul); fantastic, fictional fairytails by the master storyteller Cockroach,; the random, radical rantings of Red (whom I actually met along with MDDad at a Servite/MD basketball game and came to like them – go figure! ☺ ); the multi-media defense of all things MD by RMOnAir challenging all of us to publicly name ourselves as he did; wonderful, wandering, wordy accounts of Smeagleville from Luca that even Mr. McQuiston would have liked; THeNug – classic quips that made me proud to be from HB; erudite, scintillating sarcasm from MDDad that often flew over right over the heads of their intended target – but which left crying with laughter (not to mention being the keeper of factual data); Edac25 – not for the faint of heart - but when the hyperbole of his feelings for MD are filtered, actually breaks down the game with startling accuracy; Wiley’s self-important insertions into any Servite topic; all of the ridiculous trolls laboring under their anonymous pennames – you know who you are/were Batman, Pumice, Iago et al; and a cast of many whose solid contributions formed an online community that looked forward to each day – no matter where I was.

Can we ever recapture the spirit that was Camelot? Perhaps – perhaps not…..maybe it was just a dream floating on gossamer wings and all just a spell cast by M(ax)erlin. As for me, I still seek the Grail – and MD still blows.

:mrgreen:
You ROCK, Chop! Starting to feel like home again. Can we get another Servite Grad RSM789 back?

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:15 am

RPW wrote:

This weekend also was a high school tourney out there too right? I was planning on going to watch my buddy's kid from Corona Santiago but he said their school pulled out.
Yeah...Most the big name prospects and themajoroty of mid-major ones are playing in the 3 AAU ones though. The big HS one will be I think in 2 weeks. I may make it back out there for that one as well.
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

ExRep

Post by ExRep » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:03 pm

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

MdDad said I was gone.....along with a number of truly iconic posters who made the boards scintillate with witty banter and sharp humor. I don't count Blng in that group BTW.

I have been checking the board from time to time as I passed through a gauntlet of health issues for the last three months. I am back 100% and waiting for the season to start.

My sources are confident that Servite will win it all this year. And, no, Edac is not one of those sources.

The board will light up in about five weeks. It better.

ExRep
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:19 pm

ExRep wrote:"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"

MdDad said I was gone.....along with a number of truly iconic posters who made the boards scintillate with witty banter and sharp humor. I don't count Blng in that group BTW.

I have been checking the board from time to time as I passed through a gauntlet of health issues for the last three months. I am back 100% and waiting for the season to start.

My sources are confident that Servite will win it all this year. And, no, Edac is not one of those sources.

The board will light up in about five weeks. It better.

ExRep
From your fingertips to Gods ear :thumbsup:

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Max’s twisted, tortured, Tarball takes and mutliple personalities
I loved Max. Rarely, if ever, do you get to look into the pathology of the rarest of all athletes, a world class 400 meter sprinter. Guys and gals that run the 4 come out of the womb wired different and than the proceed to fry that wiring until they burn themselves out. No other event or sport dispenses the amount of pain to it's participants like the 400. Usian Bolt holds the world record in the 200 meter at 19.19. Michael Johnson holds the 400 at 43.19. You would think the Bolt would easily be able to run back to back 21.5 200 meters and smash the world record but uh uh he doesn't have the wiring that Max was both blessed and cursed with. I find him fascinating

SOCTE

Post by SOCTE » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:27 pm

RPW wrote:Yeah, I said it. This place is filled with.... Not a damn thing.

Just know it's coming.
RPW - From the looks of it, this place might be a train-wreck and many other things.

However, DEAD is not one of them.
:2cents:

:mex:

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:22 pm

MDDad wrote:
You're right. Compared to that other board, the lack of football talk on this one is like a dirt sandwich.

GOODave gone. Tank suicide victim. Wolves pretty much gone. Luca gone. Nug died during sex-change operation. ThomasDad gone. Buc gone and campaigning for Steve Garvey. Fandan/Opinionated gone. RSM789 lynched. ExRep gone. Chopblock gone. Pattywannamack grown up and gone. Batman gone. Max undergoing psycho evaluation without a PC. HBNoble gone. Exocet 98 who cares. Notorious too busy making up stories to post. Edac turned into a part-time sniper, carnival making too heavy demands on his time. Cockroach hibernating.

Any forum that loses that much wit and crap in a year is going to have a hard time maintaining any kind of momentum.
I have never made up any story on here.

And I take offense to the fact that you would insinuate otherwise.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
Dude I get crap deleted all the time, and I get warnings. However unlike my retarded brethren of Tank, Nug, Max, Roach and even MC. I don't push it. I don't argue about it, I accept it and move on. Putting up a fight and constantly defying rules immediately after they've been warned is what gets them. I space out the stuff I write.

It's kind of like traffic tickets. You can work them off every 2 years in traffic school. So if I got 10 tickets in 20 years I'm fine. If I get 10 tickets in 1 year I think I wouldn't be driving for a long time.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Also don't let anyone back, part of the reason it's enjoyable is because people nostalgia hardcore over how great it was. Let everyone back, you'll realize that you can't capture the same sort of feeling you did the first time around.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Notorious wrote: Dude I get crap deleted all the time, and I get warnings. However unlike my retarded brethren of Tank, Nug, Max, Roach and even MC. I don't push it. I don't argue about it, I accept it and move on. Putting up a fight and constantly defying rules immediately after they've been warned is what gets them. I space out the stuff I write.

It's kind of like traffic tickets. You can work them off every 2 years in traffic school. So if I got 10 tickets in 20 years I'm fine. If I get 10 tickets in 1 year I think I wouldn't be driving for a long time.
Yeah. That's wise.
Don't look at me, I just work here.