Servite - La Habra updates

observer

Re: Servite - La Habra updates

Post by observer »

JerryWest_44 wrote:Servite's offense sputtered all night long (too many mistakes, penalties). Much of the credit to Servite's poor offensive showing goes to the Highlanders - Servite's D played well for 3+ qtrs - LaHabra is an excellent team & I expect them to challenge for the CIF crown.
LH played a great game. I never understand a crowd yelling "overrated" - they're basically putting themselves down. The score was close because you are overrated, not because we are good.
[hr]Republicans are concerned more about health of the goose while Democrats are concerned about the distribution of its golden eggs
[hr]Simple Voter Guide
If it increases taxes, vote against it; If unions are against it, vote for it
oracle

Post by oracle »

observer wrote: LH played a great game. I never understand a crowd yelling "overrated" - they're basically putting themselves down. The score was close because you are overrated, not because we are good.
I agree, that is one of the stupidest cheers anyone could give. You are actually tearing your own team down.
ventura

Post by ventura »

oracle wrote:
I agree, that is one of the stupidest cheers anyone could give. You are actually tearing your own team down.
Either La Habra is great or Servite's in trouble. That was an even game, IMO.

BTW, I'm a Servite fan.

Ventura
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

It took La Habra over 46 minutes to get into the end zone. Servite mistakes and horrible officiating kept it close. Ridiculously bad calls both ways, but those phantom holding calls killed Servite.
ventura

Post by ventura »

joefutbol wrote:It took La Habra over 46 minutes to get into the end zone. Servite mistakes and horrible officiating kept it close. Ridiculously bad calls both ways, but those phantom holding calls killed Servite.
I'll have to give it another look, Joe. My tape ran out with a couple minutes to go and I didn't see the officiating swaying things the Friars way, and I'm a Friars fan.

La Habra looked as strong as Servite to me, at least on this Friday night.

Ventura
Tourismtommy

Post by Tourismtommy »

observer wrote: LH played a great game. I never understand a crowd yelling "overrated" - they're basically putting themselves down. The score was close because you are overrated, not because we are good.
La Habra is much stronger than I expected them to be. I'm glad the team that played the second half didn't show up the first half.

Servite did not look good tonight and will need to pick it up for next week and esp for Vegas. The O-line did not contain like they did for the last couple of weeks and the D-line seemed to let up in the 3rd Q.

A lot of unnecessary fouls on the Friars and a surprising amount of missed or blown tackles - even from my favorite players who are usually amazingly tough.

The bright spot was Sam Hunt and Cody Pittman. Hunt caught everything thrown to him and he did some great running (not pretty or strong or like watching a ballet but he did whatever he needed to to pick up the yards or get in the endzone).

The LaHabra team could have and maybe should have won tonight. Porter was very, very good once he showed up and their QB who was making only his 2nd or third start on Varsity was composed and led his team very well. There were one or two others who always picked up 2+ yards when they should have been stopped (and others would have). One kid did this amazing "corkscrew" move on the way down and got another 2 yards for a first down that should never have happened.

I was really impressed that they were taught to be tackled forward and in most cases - WAY forward.

The LaHabra fans are idiots. That "overrated" chant at the end just (as others have said) put their own team down. The only bright spot to that was that about 1/3 of them left before this.

As usual, Servite stands full to the end but the "left over" LaHabra fans really did a disservice to the others and to their team.

Those LaHabra fans should all be ashamed of their total lack of class.
Notorious wrote:The only good Friar is a dead Friar.
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

Tourismtommy wrote:
La Habra is much stronger than I expected them to be. I'm glad the team that played the second half didn't show up the first half.

Servite did not look good tonight and will need to pick it up for next week and esp for Vegas. The O-line did not contain like they did for the last couple of weeks and the D-line seemed to let up in the 3rd Q.

A lot of unnecessary fouls on the Friars and a surprising amount of missed or blown tackles - even from my favorite players who are usually amazingly tough.

The bright spot was Sam Hunt and Cody Pittman. Hunt caught everything thrown to him and he did some great running (not pretty or strong or like watching a ballet but he did whatever he needed to to pick up the yards or get in the endzone).

The LaHabra team could have and maybe should have won tonight. Porter was very, very good once he showed up and their QB who was making only his 2nd or third start on Varsity was composed and led his team very well. There were one or two others who always picked up 2+ yards when they should have been stopped (and others would have). One kid did this amazing "corkscrew" move on the way down and got another 2 yards for a first down that should never have happened.

I was really impressed that they were taught to be tackled forward and in most cases - WAY forward.

The LaHabra fans are idiots. That "overrated" chant at the end just (as others have said) put their own team down. The only bright spot to that was that about 1/3 of them left before this.

As usual, Servite stands full to the end but the "left over" LaHabra fans really did a disservice to the others and to their team.

The irony is killing me.
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

sgthartman wrote:14-3
Is porter even playing?

“I’m glad we don’t have to play him again,” Thomas said of Porter.

Seems to me you're the one who couldn't see him.

Please don't complain of any calls, your credibility is shot.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

La Habra is no joke.

#42 was the best player on the field last night. Kid has a serious nose for the ball. La Habra needs to move up, no doubt.

Why does Serivite still run that fullhouse look? Seems to slow down the offense.
Hi
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Tourismtommy wrote: The LaHabra fans are idiots. That "overrated" chant at the end just (as others have said) put their own team down. The only bright spot to that was that about 1/3 of them left before this.

Why is it only Servite fans care about this crap?

No other team's fans care when other team's fans leave.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

Notorious wrote: Why is it only Servite fans care about this crap?

Only posters on this board care about that, to deflect from the fact that this is NOT the best Servite team ever.
sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman »

La habra played like a trinity league team last night. I expect that they may beat OLU or Bosco over the next two weeks. I thought they played with a lot of heart and intensity. They outplayed Servite in the second half

La habras defense threw their entire blitz packages at a Servite offense that was operating on a limited offensive playbook, and the Friars did not have, or chose not to show their counter measures. No screen passes, no power sweeps (their signature play last year) etc.

La Habra treated this game like a playoff game where as Servite treated it like a week 3 game. Defensively Servite played pretty vanilla. Very little stuntingnor blitzing

I was impressed with La Habras 3rd string QB who had no picks and almost 200 yards passing. The Highlinder studs , Bartelone and Porter are legit.

From the Servite side, the o line struggled for some reason and the la habra linebackers were blowing past them into the backfield way to frequently. Hunt and Pittman had good games. Hunt showed good athletic ability with his RAC yards.

The Servite defense won the game and continues to impress each week. This was supposed to be a weakness.

All in all it was a perfect 3rd game matchup for both teams as they prepare for league. I expect that the series will be renewed for another two years as the Highlanders will take the place of Edison as the big preseason rivalry game. Even the fans started getting after each other. It was great to see the passion and also to see the La Habra team and fans stand up to the Friar Nation. I loved it. Good luck highlanders you made your community proud.

Buckle up Bosco and OLU ! Here come the Highlanders
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

sammy swordsman wrote: La Habra treated this game like a playoff game where as Servite treated it like a week 3 game. Defensively Servite played pretty vanilla. Very little stuntingnor blitzing

BULL-O-NEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a crock.
Haroof

Post by Haroof »

sammy swordsman wrote:La habra played like a trinity league team last night. I expect that they may beat OLU or Bosco over the next two weeks. I thought they played with a lot of heart and intensity. They outplayed Servite in the second half

La habras defense threw their entire blitz packages at a Servite offense that was operating on a limited offensive playbook, and the Friars did not have, or chose not to show their counter measures. No screen passes, no power sweeps (their signature play last year) etc.

La Habra treated this game like a playoff game where as Servite treated it like a week 3 game. Defensively Servite played pretty vanilla. Very little stuntingnor blitzing

I was impressed with La Habras 3rd string QB who had no picks and almost 200 yards passing. The Highlinder studs , Bartelone and Porter are legit.

From the Servite side, the o line struggled for some reason and the la habra linebackers were blowing past them into the backfield way to frequently. Hunt and Pittman had good games. Hunt showed good athletic ability with his RAC yards.

The Servite defense won the game and continues to impress each week. This was supposed to be a weakness.

All in all it was a perfect 3rd game matchup for both teams as they prepare for league. I expect that the series will be renewed for another two years as the Highlanders will take the place of Edison as the big preseason rivalry game. Even the fans started getting after each other. It was great to see the passion and also to see the La Habra team and fans stand up to the Friar Nation. I loved it. Good luck highlanders you made your community proud.

Buckle up Bosco and OLU ! Here come the Highlanders
La Habra isn't sneaking up on anyone - these coaches know how dangerous the Highlanders are.

OLU & Bosco will be more than ready.

Should be great games.
Tourismtommy

Post by Tourismtommy »

Notorious wrote: Why is it only Servite fans care about this crap?

No, no teams fans do but you should ask the players. If you think they don't wish they had a fan base like Servite, MV, SMCHS - you are fooling yourself.
Notorious wrote:The only good Friar is a dead Friar.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Tourismtommy wrote:
No, no teams fans do but you should ask the players. If you think they don't wish they had a fan base like Servite, MV, SMCHS - you are fooling yourself.
I'm not sure you should put Santa Margarita in that sentence.
sgthartman

Post by sgthartman »

atgreek wrote:

“I’m glad we don’t have to play him again,” Thomas said of Porter.

Seems to me you're the one who couldn't see him.

Please don't complain of any calls, your credibility is shot.
i didn't complain about any calls, and if you'd been at the game, you'd have seen exactly what i (and others who've posted hereon) did: porter was a non-factor until the second half. thus the 17-3 score. i then noted that in a subsequent post. he turned it up two notches for the remainder of the game. i was surprised at his speed and he pursued with a vengeance. one of the best efforts by an opposing player that i've witnessed in 6+ seasons of friars-watching. porter and bartalone did all they could to snatch victory away from servite.

stick to what you know...whatever that is.
Seven-six-two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket.

RandyF59

Post by RandyF59 »

sgthartman wrote:stick to what you know...whatever that is.
:ROFL: :cheers:
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Tourismtommy wrote:
Never, ever put South County fans in the same sentence as Servite/MD fans.

I played, I did not care if they left early because we were losing/winning big. I still don't care, the only people those players care about really is their personal families, and half the time they don't care about them either.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

sgthartman wrote:
i didn't complain about any calls, and if you'd been at the game, you'd have seen exactly what i (and others who've posted hereon) did: porter was a non-factor until the second half. thus the 17-3 score. i then noted that in a subsequent post. he turned it up two notches for the remainder of the game. i was surprised at his speed and he pursued with a vengeance. one of the best efforts by an opposing player that i've witnessed in 6+ seasons of friars-watching. porter and bartalone did all they could to snatch victory away from servite.

stick to what you know...whatever that is.

I know the excuse machine from the Friar horde is running full steam as to why the game was close.

La Habra got screwed by the refs more than Servite, so can it.

You guys were bagging on Porter prior to the game, and he didn't save it for Servite.

Porter brings it, and has been bringing it since he was 12 years old.

Seems to me your compadres were complaining. SO "you" refers to the Servite fan base.