La Habra - Bosco

perspixx

Re: La Habra - Bosco

Post by perspixx »

Damn... I really thought I picked SJB in the pool... this is what happens on 4 hours of sleep.
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

sammy swordsman wrote:
Bosco just came off a pummeling at the hands of Loyola. The physicalness of the Trinity League games week in and week out is what makes it Special. A team can play one Trinity team close and delude themselves into thinking they can hang. But Trinity leagues teams have to strap it up for the Holy Wars for 5 consecutive weeks and then limp into the playoffs hoping they can draw. The #3 or 4 Moore league team just to get a breather
Huh, what you described was not OLu or Servite in the years they won the Pac-5, actually it has not been Servite any of the last 6 years.
We are O Lu

Post by We are O Lu »

edac25 wrote:How bad does this make OLU performance's last week? How is OLU down 24-8 to LH? Hope you're ready for league Lancers. Hope you're ready for the Friars.

Nice work Braves.
The Braves beat them by 50 and Servite beats them by 7 and your popping off?
Hope you're ready for the Braves!
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

We are O Lu wrote:
The Braves beat them by 50 and Servite beats them by 7 and your popping off?
Hope you're ready for the Braves!
Servite's last loss to Bosco came during their 2-8 season of 2004 and they were tied in the 4th quarter. Thomas took over the following year and he has never lost to Bosco. New year, but I'm just saying. Servite rarely blows anyone out; comparing scores is useless.
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

joefutbol wrote:
Servite's last loss to Bosco came during their 2-8 season of 2004 and they were tied in the 4th quarter. Thomas took over the following year and he has never lost to Bosco. New year, but I'm just saying. Servite rarely blows anyone out; comparing scores is useless.

Servite blows out anyone they can.

Edac was trolling.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

atgreek wrote:

Servite blows out anyone they can.

Edac was trolling.
I didn't read his post.

The offense traditionally is very conservative throughout pre league and especially if they have a comfortable lead.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

joefutbol wrote:
I didn't read his post.

The offense traditionally is very conservative throughout pre league and especially if they have a comfortable lead.
He basically said because Lutheran had to rally to come back and win while SJB blew them out that OLU should be scared going into league despite the fact Orange Lutheran has never lost to SJB.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Notorious wrote: He basically said because Lutheran had to rally to come back and win while SJB blew them out that OLU should be scared going into league despite the fact Orange Lutheran has never lost to SJB.
All that matters is W's and L's. They played a horrible half, just like Servite did against La Habra. If they played ten times each, I think both teams beat La Habra 10 out of 10. Playing possibly the worst half of football in school history, they still came out with the win. I don't see it happening, but any team aside from JSerra could finish 1-4 in league and it wouldn't be a huge shock.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

joefutbol wrote:
All that matters is W's and L's. They played a horrible half, just like Servite did against La Habra. If they played ten times each, I think both teams beat La Habra 10 out of 10. Playing possibly the worst half of football in school history, they still came out with the win. I don't see it happening, but any team aside from JSerra could finish 1-4 in league and it wouldn't be a huge shock.
I don't know about you but I'd be shocked if JSerra finished 1-4 in league.
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

Notorious wrote: I don't know about you but I'd be shocked if JSerra finished 1-4 in league.

Only by a forfeit
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

I will respond just to make all teams feel a little easier (Olu, Servite, La Habra). Although I don't know why because I doubt Bosco would get the same in return.

Anyways, here goes. As for Olu, they did play a horrible...horrible half against La Habra, and the final score shows more of what they are capable of. Any team that turns the ball over that much doesn't come back. Basically La Habra played a first half against Bosco like Olu played against them...the difference being SJB was the better team and put the game away in one quarter, while La Habra could not put away Olu because Olu was the better team.

As for Servite, they played a "cleaner" game than Olu, but that is not to say they played well. They had a lot of injuries against La Habra, lost what I think is their most dynamic player in Etiaki, and still won easily in my opinion. They also had the disadvantage of playing La Habra when they though they had a chance and were most dangerous. By the time Bosco was up 21-0 in the first, you could see that La Habra had thrown in the towel.

That is what the La Habra's of the world don't get about Trinity League play. You have to stay up for 5 weeks, with the brief exception of JSerra. And, to top it off, you could find your way out of the playoffs with two weeks to play, and two good teams to play. La Habra still had their entire league, playoffs and div. championship ahead of them but when they were down to Bosco they quit.
ventura

Post by ventura »

Man I'm pissed if I'm a La Habra guy reading all this Trinity BS. And I really wish I'd kept my recording of the Servite/La Habra game. I watched about 3 quarters worth and for you Trinity/Servite/Olu guys to keep coming back with the same utter disregard for La Habra's role in keeping the games close is not only wrong, but classless. The first two Trinity teams were better, but the games were competitive. Have any of you blowhards given La Habra, a public school, kudos for running that gauntlet? All I see is **** about the games being close solely because Servite and Olu completely screwed up.

It stands to reason that Bosco came up against a physically beat up team. But La Habra went toe to toe with two other Trinity powerhouses, and you guys give them nothing.

You'd think Trinity might have gotten a teensie bit of humility from the De La Salle game last year. Sheesh.

Ventura
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

ventura wrote:Man I'm pissed if I'm a La Habra guy reading all this Trinity BS. And I really wish I'd kept my recording of the Servite/La Habra game. I watched about 3 quarters worth and for you Trinity/Servite/Olu guys to keep coming back with the same utter disregard for La Habra's role in keeping the games close is not only wrong, but classless. The first two Trinity teams were better, but the games were competitive. Have any of you blowhards given La Habra, a public school, kudos for running that gauntlet? All I see is **** about the games being close solely because Servite and Olu completely screwed up.

It stands to reason that Bosco came up against a physically beat up team. But La Habra went toe to toe with two other Trinity powerhouses, and you guys give them nothing.

You'd think Trinity might have gotten a teensie bit of humility from the De La Salle game last year. Sheesh.

Ventura

That's not exactly true.

La Habra has gotten many kudos for those two games.

The explanations you read are for comparison of the Trinity league schools.

You certainly can't sit there and tell us that the LH that played SJB was the same team that played Servite or OLU.

By the Bosco game, even Bartolone was out.

I think Mazzotta does a heck of a job and LH is one of the most fundamentally sound teams anywhere.
ventura

Post by ventura »

I'm talking about this thread, and joefutbal/trinityflb's comments. I remember some lack of credit in posts right after the game as well - I'm a Servite fan but their game with La Habra was close and hard fought. I was very surprised by it. I thought I was clear in my post that Bosco was coming up against a beat up team.

Ventura
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

ventura wrote:Man I'm pissed if I'm a La Habra guy reading all this Trinity BS. And I really wish I'd kept my recording of the Servite/La Habra game. I watched about 3 quarters worth and for you Trinity/Servite/Olu guys to keep coming back with the same utter disregard for La Habra's role in keeping the games close is not only wrong, but classless. The first two Trinity teams were better, but the games were competitive. Have any of you blowhards given La Habra, a public school, kudos for running that gauntlet? All I see is **** about the games being close solely because Servite and Olu completely screwed up.

Ventura
You know how you get those trinity schools to shut up?

Beat them.
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

Notorious wrote: You know how you get those trinity schools to shut up?

Beat them.
That would get all of them to shut up, not just Trinity schools.

Unless it's raining in the CIF title game, then it didn't count.
TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB »

wait wait wait....so we are supposed to give La Habra credit for going 0-6 against Trinity League teams over a two year period? Uh, why exactly?

How can we stand here and excuse La Habra for being "beat up" against TWO trinity teams before playing Bosco and yet trinity teams have to play FOUR really good Trinity teams??? Am I the only one that sees that doesn't make sense?

Just to clear things up, Bartalone didn't come out of the game until it was already 28-0. La Habra had very little offense with him. He also wouldn't have come out if they thought they had a chance or if it was a playoff game. The QB that made clutch throws against Servite threw two early picks against a more athletic Bosco secondary and Mazzota gave up on the passing game. Ybarra probably would have made a difference, but all Trinity teams play each other with key injuries during season, so why is that an excuse for why La Habra got SMOKED?

The fact is each trinity team has things they are very good at. Bosco is very athletic and fast this year, probably the worst matchup for La Habra which is slow, especially on the perimeter. However, the score doesn't mean **** because Servite does things Bosco can't and so does Olu. That is what makes the Trinity great, the week to week prep for very different teams, but teams that can beat you in different ways.
ventura

Post by ventura »

[quote="TrinityLFB"]
wait wait wait....so we are supposed to give La Habra credit for going 0-6 against Trinity League teams over a two year period? Uh, why exactly?

LFB - if this is to my post, OLU and Servite need to give more credit for scheduling top tier teams and playing two of them pretty even. Give credit to them by stating they played well, not that OLU and Servite played poorly. I'm a private school guy, but I'm willing to admit that a school like La Habra has many disadvantages, and for them to schedule three goliaths in a row, and play two of them pretty even, is a great feat.

Ventura
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

TrinityLFB wrote:wait wait wait....so we are supposed to give La Habra credit for going 0-6 against Trinity League teams over a two year period? Uh, why exactly?

How can we stand here and excuse La Habra for being "beat up" against TWO trinity teams before playing Bosco and yet trinity teams have to play FOUR really good Trinity teams??? Am I the only one that sees that doesn't make sense?

Just to clear things up, Bartalone didn't come out of the game until it was already 28-0. La Habra had very little offense with him. He also wouldn't have come out if they thought they had a chance or if it was a playoff game. The QB that made clutch throws against Servite threw two early picks against a more athletic Bosco secondary and Mazzota gave up on the passing game. Ybarra probably would have made a difference, but all Trinity teams play each other with key injuries during season, so why is that an excuse for why La Habra got SMOKED?

The fact is each trinity team has things they are very good at. Bosco is very athletic and fast this year, probably the worst matchup for La Habra which is slow, especially on the perimeter. However, the score doesn't mean **** because Servite does things Bosco can't and so does Olu. That is what makes the Trinity great, the week to week prep for very different teams, but teams that can beat you in different ways.

Depth.

That's how Trinity schools do it.

Publics can't deal with that kind of depth.
atgreek

Post by atgreek »

TrinityLFB wrote:wait wait wait....so we are supposed to give La Habra credit for going 0-6 against Trinity League teams over a two year period? Uh, why exactly?

Bartolone came out in the first half, but LH had no other weapons and it was easy to defend them.

LH had ZERO intensity all game, but to SJB's credit they took full advantage of it.

You're right about the different match ups being a big reason of what makes the Trinity league great.