MD vs. SM-

luvthegame

MD vs. SM-

Post by luvthegame »

This is a big one for both teams. Many on this board have followed Trinity League games for a long time. MD may be out gunned but Rollinson is a great coach. What will he come up with? What do you think?
RandyF59

Re: MD vs. SM-

Post by RandyF59 »

luvthegame wrote:This is a big one for both teams. Many on this board have followed Trinity League games for a long time. MD may be out gunned but Rollinson is a great coach. What will he come up with? What do you think?
run the ball, control the clock, short, play action passes. If they can keep SM under 21 points anything could happen. Turnovers, as always, will be key.

Did I get all the cliches covered? SM 34-17.
luvthegame

Post by luvthegame »

Thanks for playing! Wrong game though. C'mon, I'm trying to get a thread going. So far we have covered after game hang outs and fashion accessories for tail gating. The non league season is over! It's time for real Trinity league football.

MD will resort to 3rd string RB. I think they will make an attempt to run in order to set up roll out play action on the outside routes. MD wide outs will enjoy a height advantage but if they have to pass their way to success it could be a long night. They will need to be patient and get some long drives.

SM will score and that is what will apply pressure to MD. SM has the weapons to sustain drives. SM may be a little rusty coming off of their bye week. That may give MD an opportunity early. Hoping for a good game.

SM wins it 31-14
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Luca

Post by Luca »

Santa Margarita has a pretty effective pass rush this year. If you want to pass it's probably better to keep it short and/or rollout. I understand Mater Dei's RB is out which puts that much more pressure on the passing game.

If Santa Margarita does get the lead and forces Mater Dei into a catch-up passing game it's going to be difficult for them. I would think the best chance for them would be keep it a low-scoring game and hold onto the ball as much as possible......... which of course is difficult to do when your best RB is out. Luca
Tourismtommy

Post by Tourismtommy »

Luca wrote:Santa Margarita has a pretty effective pass rush this year. If you want to pass it's probably better to keep it short and/or rollout. I understand Mater Dei's RB is out which puts that much more pressure on the passing game.

If Santa Margarita does get the lead and forces Mater Dei into a catch-up passing game it's going to be difficult for them. I would think the best chance for them would be keep it a low-scoring game and hold onto the ball as much as possible......... which of course is difficult to do when your best RB is out. Luca

Agreed. I am hoping against hope for the Monarchs - especially with the RB situation. Hope it's a great game and am pretty sure RSM will dominate but, with Rollo - you never know... Look what happened to MV at REV... it may be a season for upsets.
Notorious wrote:The only good Friar is a dead Friar.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Tourismtommy wrote:

Agreed. I am hoping against hope for the Monarchs - especially with the RB situation. Hope it's a great game and am pretty sure RSM will dominate but, with Rollo - you never know... Look what happened to MV at REV... it may be a season for upsets.
btw... it's SM no R in their name... Hey are you related to blng? He made that same error quite often :-k
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

I was just reminded why I don't like SM..this is gonna be a tough one but

Go Monarchs..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
luvthegame

Post by luvthegame »

RandyF59,

My apology for the curt response to your message. I thought you were referring to a completely different game. Don't know how that happened...Peace!

LTG
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

MD 13 - SM 0
Early 2nd quarter
SOCTE

Post by SOCTE »

Is this game on webcast?
perspixx

Post by perspixx »

Those missed extra points!
Special teams filled with regret.
Poor fundamentals.
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

update?
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Santa Margarita 14, Mater Dei 21 - 00:44 4th QT
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
MDGuy

Post by MDGuy »

Ramon wrote:Santa Margarita 14, Mater Dei 21 - 00:44 4th QT
C'mon guys - Hold on!!!!
MATERDAD

Post by MATERDAD »

update?
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

im dying over here!!! no one will answer their phone!!!
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
HS FB Fan 37

Post by HS FB Fan 37 »

SM goes down. MD 21 SM 14 FINAL
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Santa Margarita 14, Mater Dei 21 - FINAL

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

There you go. Nice win Rollo