Friars win an amazing game

El Jefe

Friars win an amazing game

Post by El Jefe » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:56 pm

43-42 Servite wins on two point conversion in Overtime. Three straight weeks of great football games!!
Last edited by El Jefe on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Forget about the fact that the local Catholic Parochial School kids are now no longer a even a minor contributing factor in the Monarch Football Program but now we have players wearing a God Damn ski mask during a post game interview"

Domingo

THETRUTH

Re: Friars win an amazing game

Post by THETRUTH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Amazing battle, Santa Margarita gave Servite everthing they could, all the boys on both sides played their hearts out. The SM fans were awesome and certainly represented well.

El Jefe

Post by El Jefe » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Servite DB Sean DeRosa was injured on the first play of the game. He left via ambulance. Any updates would be appreciated as would prayers for him.
"Forget about the fact that the local Catholic Parochial School kids are now no longer a even a minor contributing factor in the Monarch Football Program but now we have players wearing a God Damn ski mask during a post game interview"

Domingo

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:15 pm

El Jefe wrote:Servite DB Sean DeRosa was injured on the first play of the game. He left via ambulance. Any updates would be appreciated as would prayers for him.

He was knocked out, but was responsive prior to leaving the field. He will be spending the night in the hospital for observation.

JerryWest_44

Post by JerryWest_44 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Nice post game highlights by Jim Hill tonite!

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:38 pm

JerryWest_44 wrote:Nice post game highlights by Jim Hill tonite!
I talked with both Steve Hartman and Jim Hill tonight, there were really excited to be there. Until Basketball starts, Jim said we would see a much bigger high school football presence on the local network sports news.

Oc Dad

Post by Oc Dad » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Great game !! Servite continues it's streak over SM. SM'S O line is the real deal. Stanton is a beast.

But in the end ...We are Servite!! Hats off to MD for beating SM.

I was at the game and SM only filled maybe half their side of the field..maybe!! I don't get it. Their biggest game maybe ever and they just don't show up. Go figure. :eh?:

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:45 pm

El Jefe wrote:Servite DB Sean DeRosa was injured on the first play of the game. He left via ambulance. Any updates would be appreciated as would prayers for him.
Latest I heard he was in the hospital, he is alert with full movement.. no apparent short term memory loss. I don't say this lightly, but it appears it is just a concussion..

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:48 pm

SoMelo wrote: Latest I heard he was in the hospital, he is alert with full movement.. no apparent short term memory loss. I don't say this lightly, but it appears it is just a concussion..

Never just a concussion when one blacks out, it was lights out for a few moments.

outsider70

Post by outsider70 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:48 pm

Epic game for the ages. What a finale to the 2011 Trinity League!

Class on both sides, especially the concern expressed by all the fans on the opening play injury to Sean De Rosa, I trust he will be ok.

Only downer was the horrible officiating.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Didn't basketball start tonight? Could've sworn I listened the end of UCLAMD v Loyola on the way home from HS Football.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:49 pm

crayegg wrote:Didn't basketball start tonight? Could've sworn I listened the end of UCLAMD v Loyola on the way home from HS Football.
NBA

Bigbear

Post by Bigbear » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:54 pm

I want to say that this was a great game, but at the same time it was also one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. There were way too many penalties on both sides.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Off topic, sorry. What NBA? Does it still exist?

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Bigbear wrote:I want to say that this was a great game, but at the same time it was also one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. There were way too many penalties on both sides.

Sloppy or not, the kids played hard and I like it when kids leave it all on the field, that takes a certain degree of maturity.

Buck

Post by Buck » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:35 am

Solid game by two of the better teams in the Pac 5, would not be surprised to see a rematch in the finals. Troy Thomas goes for two because in his gut he knows he can not go toe to toe with SM the way the Eagles were playing tonight, and Servite short handed by injuries to their stud tackle and tailback would have been a tall task to overcome.

Hats off to TT and the boys, they just find a way to win. The Trinity Playoff teams IMHO are interchangeable, anyone of them could have taken league, and I expect them to make some noise in the playoffs.

Can you imagine an All Trinity Final? I can.

lofty

Post by lofty » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:39 am

great game for both teams and both QBs...Congrats to SM for being class acts and to our Servite young men for never giving up CREDO!

zorro

Post by zorro » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:03 am

Certainly was as good of a high school game as you will see. Wouldn't say it was sloppy, officials were highly questionable throughout the night. Expect a rematch come December, and who knows how that could turn out, teams are near mirror images of each other.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:00 am

Buck wrote:Solid game by two of the better teams in the Pac 5, would not be surprised to see a rematch in the finals. Troy Thomas goes for two because in his gut he knows he can not go toe to toe with SM the way the Eagles were playing tonight, and Servite short handed by injuries to their stud tackle and tailback would have been a tall task to overcome.

Hats off to TT and the boys, they just find a way to win. The Trinity Playoff teams IMHO are interchangeable, anyone of them could have taken league, and I expect them to make some noise in the playoffs.

Come on, there is no need for this type of comment in the wake of how these two teams battled each other all night.

1. Servite's last loss in the SS playoffs was after Troy Thomas went for two against Lakewood at te end of the game, that is what he does.

2. The game went into overtime and both teams scored. Doesn't that tell you that both teams kept up with each other?

BTW, in the last four Trinity League games, Servite has scored 35, 42, 35 and 43. I think it is time to lay to rest the notion that Servite's offense can't keep up.

Great job SM Eagles and servite Friars, from players to fans!
Last edited by THETRUTH on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:00 am

Buck wrote:Solid game by two of the better teams in the Pac 5, would not be surprised to see a rematch in the finals. Troy Thomas goes for two because in his gut he knows he can not go toe to toe with SM the way the Eagles were playing tonight, and Servite short handed by injuries to their stud tackle and tailback would have been a tall task to overcome.

Come on, there is no need for this type of comment in the wake of how these two teams battled each other all night.

1. Servite's last loss in the SS playoffs was because Troy Thomas went for two against 2 against Lakewood, that is what he does.

2. The game went into overtime and both teams scored. Doesn't that tell you that both teams kept up with each other?

BTW, in the last four Trinity League games, Servite has scored 35, 42, 35 and 43. I think it is time to lay to rest the notion that Servite's offense can't keep up.

Great job SM Eagles and servite Friars, from players to fans!