Well, how 'bout dem SMeagles?

ringer

Well, how 'bout dem SMeagles?

Post by ringer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Discuss....

BoscoBandWagon

Re: Well, how 'bout dem SMeagles?

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 pm

#1 well coached by the head coach...the rest of the coaches (minus spaulding) do/say exactly what welch tells them to
#2 never in the history of hs football has qb runs from a draw & qb sneak gained so many yards in a season
#3 the offensive line is HUGE, extremely well coached (spaulding) and meaner than heck
#4 defense runs a 4-3 cover 2/4 vs 1 rb, 4-3 cover 3 vs 2 rb's. 99.999% of the time, welch does not take risks or gambles like so many other hs teams do to get burned by big plays. the safeties play 17 yards deep and dont move.....classic bend but dont brake which is what sucessfull high school defense should b all about. (ala dls)

this team was 3-7 two years ago and lost to a terrible jserra team. their 3 wins were against teams that finished 6-24...so basically 3 wins vs terrible teams. the players have gotten so much better bc of welch "pushing them past their limits" exact quote from random players.

congrats to the sm community, coach welch and coach spaulding and the players that put in more hours than almost any team in southern california...the hard work paid off.

trinity league the SEC of so cal football.....

Trinitylguealum

Post by Trinitylguealum » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:29 am

We are...SM.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:57 am

Amazing! Defense wins championships... Offense provides the opportunity. Few in these parts have seen a more dominating offensive line. Imagine 9 of 11 starters on offense return.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:59 am

Wiley wrote: Defense wins championships... Offense provides the opportunity.
I really hate this cliche.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

LanceSterling

Post by LanceSterling » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:22 am

#3 the offensive line is HUGE, extremely well coached (spaulding) and meaner than heck
You ain't whistling dixie look at the size of these teenagers.

50 Jack Kerry OL, DL Jr. 5-11 217
52 Sean McGuire OL, LB Sr. 6-0 190
54 Chris Frost OL, DL Sr. 6-4 238
55 Dane Crane OL, DL Jr. 6-3 289
56 Brady McGuire OL, DL Sr. 5-11 202
61 Ryan Gardner OL, DL Sr. 5-11 237
62 Mack Pierson OL, DL Sr. 5-9 220
63 Bradley Ydens LS, P Sr. 6-3 202
64 Cole Luther OL, DL Sr. 6-0 267
66 Nick Begg OL, DL Jr. 6-3 213
70 Kendall Czech OL, DL Jr. 5-10 253
73 Erik Bunte OL, DL Jr. 6-7 310
75 Riley Sorenson OL, DL Jr. 6-5 319
77 Max Tuerk OL, DL Sr. 6-6 254
78 Frank Dipietro OL, DL Jr. 6-1 262

Is Max heading off to USC or where do most people think he is going?

dirty40

Post by dirty40 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 am

The size of that O line really shows up in the second half of games. Other teams have talented big players,
but not 5 kids at 145 kg. Tuerk #77 is the the only one who plays both sides of the ball (situationally on D).
How many teams have that luxury also? Five 145kg linemen w a 100 kg QB running behind them, takes it's toll. SC, MV, LBPoly and the now silent/forgotten CREEDO can attest to this. Welch is smart to be patient in games waiting for the size of that O line to take effect. Marty Spaulding has transformed some big slow kids into a huge, dominant unit with Tuerk setting a "impose our will" attitude. The unreplaceable Spaulding is set to retire at seasons end. Arguably the pivotal coach on Welch's staff. Those boys are very fortunate to play under his knowledge. Next year most of the line returns to show what they have learned and get bigger. What brand of protein supplement is Harry feeding them out there? I thought Tren was taken off the market.

Still waiting to switch to the metric system we learned in grade school. (145kgs = est 300lbs)
Couldn't resist the Servite remark, sorry....not

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:34 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:#1 well coached by the head coach...the rest of the coaches (minus spaulding) do/say exactly what welch tells them to
#2 never in the history of hs football has qb runs from a draw & qb sneak gained so many yards in a season
#4 defense runs a 4-3 cover 2/4 vs 1 rb, 4-3 cover 3 vs 2 rb's. 99.999% of the time, welch does not take risks or gambles like so many other hs teams do to get burned by big plays. the safeties play 17 yards deep and dont move.....classic bend but dont brake which is what sucessfull high school defense should b all about. (ala dls)

this team was 3-7 two years ago and lost to a terrible jserra team. their 3 wins were against teams that finished 6-24...so basically 3 wins vs terrible teams. the players have gotten so much better bc of welch "pushing them past their limits" exact quote from random players.

congrats to the sm community, coach welch and coach spaulding and the players that put in more hours than almost any team in southern california...the hard work paid off.

trinity league the SEC of so cal football.....
This was a pretty good post until you came up with this crapola. You probably don't know how many hours the Santa Margarita kids put in, and you certainly don't know how many hours the kids at the other 700 schools in Southern California put in, so why say something like this? Posting silly, unsubstantiated hyperbole like this absolutely drives me nuts.

Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:.....trinity league the SEC of so cal football.
If that were the case wouldn’t a Trinity League team have played a Trinity League team in the finals?

Bobby G.

LanceSterling

Post by LanceSterling » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:51 am

Posting silly, unsubstantiated hyperbole like this absolutely drives me nuts.
True.

Do you know the "donation" amount to play FB there? I know it varies per school.

What is the picture on Noto's signature of the player being carted off the field?

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 am

LanceSterling wrote:
Posting silly, unsubstantiated hyperbole like this absolutely drives me nuts.
True.

Do you know the "donation" amount to play FB there? I know it varies per school.

What is the picture on Noto's signature of the player being carted off the field?
It's my favorite picture of Luca.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 pm

This was a pretty good post until you came up with this crapola. You probably don't know how many hours the Santa Margarita kids put in, and you certainly don't know how many hours the kids at the other 700 schools in Southern California put in, so why say something like this? Posting silly, unsubstantiated hyperbole like this absolutely drives me nuts.[/quote]

i was talking about off-season mostly. i do know the kids show up on the weekend year round. i personally do not know of to many teams that make the kids lift on campus during the weekend in jan, feb, march, etc... i know from being at a track meet the past two years the kids (lineman especially) lifted and then were on the field running through plays after the track meet was over 5:30ish (and they didnt look like they were almost done either)...these were a wednesday and thursday in march!!!! this was NOT spring ball.

i do not know what all teams do.. i am sure mater dei works very hard in the off-season...but i do have parents i talk to from pop warner/ little league days that have kids play at other schools and NONE come in on the weekends or stay that late in the off-season like SM does. very suprised there is not more "burnout".

RPW

Post by RPW » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:24 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote: i was talking about off-season mostly. i do know the kids show up on the weekend year round. i personally do not know of to many teams that make the kids lift on campus during the weekend in jan, feb, march, etc... i know from being at a track meet the past two years the kids (lineman especially) lifted and then were on the field running through plays after the track meet was over 5:30ish (and they didnt look like they were almost done either)...these were a wednesday and thursday in march!!!! this was NOT spring ball.

i do not know what all teams do.. i am sure mater dei works very hard in the off-season...but i do have parents i talk to from pop warner/ little league days that have kids play at other schools and NONE come in on the weekends or stay that late in the off-season like SM does. very suprised there is not more "burnout".

Why are you on the BoscoBandWagon again?
I am The Voice of Reason

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 am

LanceSterling wrote:What is the picture on Noto's signature of the player being carted off the field?
That's actually Supercoach Harry Welch being wheeled onto the field minutes after his prostate surgery. Amazing.