Harry Welch

JakeRoberts

Harry Welch

Post by JakeRoberts » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:05 pm

BoscoBandWagon

Re: Harry Welch

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 pm

JakeRoberts wrote:What makes Coach Welch so good?
http://www.smhs.org/apps/pages/index.js ... _ID=288104
he does not care what people think of him....he knows what he wants, know's what it takes to win (9 CIF titles) and will crush u if u disagree with him.....
u do it HIS way or ur out of the program......he is great at gamesmanship....and has no problem stepping on ur throat or breaking ur neck.......its not about what he can do for u, its what u can do for him.

he is the nick saban of high school football......LOL

ancient

Post by ancient » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:41 pm

He has no heart for anyone getting in the way of his mission; a huge heart for his mission to develop boys into good men in all aspects of their lives. He is relentless in driving them to become their individual best. He also surrounds himself with those who support his mission. A man who knows him well said you can send your son to the military to learn discipline and commitment, or you can send him to Harry Welch. You'll get the same result. That's all there is to the story.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:08 pm

ancient wrote:He has no heart for anyone getting in the way of his mission; a huge heart for his mission to develop boys into good men in all aspects of their lives. He is relentless in driving them to become their individual best. He also surrounds himself with those who support his mission. A man who knows him well said you can send your son to the military to learn discipline and commitment, or you can send him to Harry Welch. You'll get the same result. That's all there is to the story.
:eh?: The organ south of his heart is more accurate of his character.

Luca

Post by Luca » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:38 pm

I think the day that any of us are back coaching a high school football game 9 days after having major cancer surgery we will be more qualified to judge the character of people we don't know......Luca

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Luca wrote:I think the day that any of us are back coaching a high school football game 9 days after having major cancer surgery we will be more qualified to judge the character of people we don't know......Luca
Yeah, okay.. So all those years of being an ass is just wiped away.. Kinda like all "born agains" on death row. I get it. :roll:

Luca

Post by Luca » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Perhaps you could regale us with your personal experiences.

I long ago made the mistake of judging people based on what others said about them. It led to my drawing erroneous conclusions and doing a great disservice to others. I'm not so quick these days to characterize people I don't personally know. But, perhaps you've mastered the skill. If so, my apologies.....Luca

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Luca wrote:Perhaps you could regale us with your personal experiences.

I long ago made the mistake of judging people based on what others said about them. It led to my drawing erroneous conclusions and doing a great disservice to others. I'm not so quick these days to characterize people I don't personally know. But, perhaps you've mastered the skill. If so, my apologies.....Luca
:?? Do I need to forgive you? How's your prostate?

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:57 pm

SoMelo wrote: :?? Do I need to forgive you? How's your prostate?
C'mon man! Word your remarks so they're clear and make sense.

The male prostate is related to on the street as a gland, not an organ and has nothing to do with character.

You must've had a point to make?
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:29 am

C'mon man...

You need a better catchphrase.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 am

crayegg wrote:C'mon man...

You need a better catchphrase.
It either caught you peeking or you've been visiting Wiley's musuem of natural history. Need another photo?
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 am

Wiley wrote:C'mon man! Word your remarks so they're clear and make sense.

The male prostate is related to on the street as a gland, not an organ and has nothing to do with character.

You must've had a point to make?
I wasn't referring to his prostate when I mentioned organ. Luca believes because he had prostate cancer it should wipe out his past behavior.. I still believe the ORGAN south of his heart is a better representaion of his character. If I was to refer to him as a gland, it wouldn't be a prostrate (real close to it though). --:--
I've seen many good coaches with great character - Rollo, Kunau, White, Thomas, Van Hoorebeke, Callard... and many many more and none would act as classless as not to shake a hand or destroy another schools property.

RPW

Post by RPW » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:13 am

That is a crap load of assistant coaches.

Did BoscoBandwagon change to the SmeagleBandwagon?
I am The Voice of Reason

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 am

SoMelo wrote:
I've seen many good coaches with great character - Rollo, Kunau, White, Thomas, Van Hoorebeke, Callard...
WUT
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:33 am

SoMelo wrote: I wasn't referring to his prostate when I mentioned organ. Luca believes because he had prostate cancer it should wipe out his past behavior.. I still believe the ORGAN south of his heart is a better representaion of his character. If I was to refer to him as a gland, it wouldn't be a prostrate (real close to it though). --:--
I've seen many good coaches with great character - Rollo, Kunau, White, Thomas, Van Hoorebeke, Callard... and many many more and none would act as classless as not to shake a hand or destroy another schools property.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt, SoMelo, and assume that - rather than your having limited comprehension skills - I did not phrase my comment clearly enough. What I said was:
Luca wrote:I think the day that any of us are back coaching a high school football game 9 days after having major cancer surgery we will be more qualified to judge the character of people we don't know......Luca
I'm not quite sure how you derive your interpretation, as I assumed the passage would be understood as meaning that "once we have actually demonstrated character ourselves we will be able to recognize it in others more easily."

I invited you to share with us your personal experiences regarding Coach Welch, and as you did not respond I will make the assumption that you don't know the man and that you are making judgments based on what others have told you.

You may have noticed that there are more than a few who do not similarly admire Coach Kunau and I can share with you a few stories about Coach Rollinson, but I don't feel compelled to go out of my way to denigrate people when there is a very good chance I could be mistaken. But perhaps you are blessed with the ability to judge at a distance and the necessary self-esteem to pronounce it at every opportunity. Genius is not always evident and you can sometimes find it in the strangest places.....Luca

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:38 am

I bet the majority of the players on the team that is getting ready for the state championship game like Coach Welch

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 am

oceanvue wrote:I bet the majority of the players on the team that is getting ready for the state championship game like Coach Welch
I would bet that if SM went 4-6 those very same players would be MFing the man too. Winning takes care of everything in the SoOC baby.

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 am

It may quiet some of the criticism from the program supporters, but as you can see it certainly activates the critics from outside.....Luca

kingspeed

Post by kingspeed » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 am

Wow, SM comes from the duldrums to PAC 5 Champion and few celebrate the achievments and instead choose to denigrate.

Until you walked a mile in someones shoes better to not judge, at least so critically.

Unless your interactions are first hand, withhold. And often even when first hand consider the circumstances and do not judge the person on one act but as a whole.

Coach Welch did a heck of a job and I wish them well this weekend. Way to go Eagles.

How disheartening it is that human nature is so critical.

I enjoy this board and ones like it but this type of posting is what these are at their worst.
"Get In The Mix"

Clearthinker

Post by Clearthinker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:43 am

You may have noticed that there are more than a few who do not similarly admire Coach Kunau and I can share with you a few stories about Coach Rollinson, but I don't feel compelled to go out of my way to denigrate people when there is a very good chance I could be mistaken. But perhaps you are blessed with the ability to judge at a distance and the necessary self-esteem to pronounce it at every opportunity. Genius is not always evident and you can sometimes find it in the strangest places.....Luca

Another great Lucaism