Record-Breaking-Kicks Came the Hard Way for McGrory

ancient

Record-Breaking-Kicks Came the Hard Way for McGrory

Post by ancient » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 pm

It is special to see good come John McGrory's way. It was not easy for a young man such as him, but his success has been a blessing to all who know and love him. So for his mom, " Well done, Son."

http://ranchosantamargarita.patch.com/a ... e-hard-way

Notorious

Re: Record-Breaking-Kicks Came the Hard Way for McGrory

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 pm

ancient wrote:It is special to see good come John McGrory's way. It was not easy for a young man such as him, but his success has been a blessing to all who know and love him. So for his mom, " Well done, Son."

http://ranchosantamargarita.patch.com/a ... e-hard-way
So hard not to say something.

If the family is able to send kids to private schools, then he hasn't had that bad of a life I imagine. Congrats on the record, regardless of background.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm

ancient wrote:It is special to see good come John McGrory's way. It was not easy for a young man such as him, but his success has been a blessing to all who know and love him. So for his mom, " Well done, Son."
Great article written by Martin Henderson, one of the truly good high school sports writers in southern California. McGrory is an excellent example of the type of role model in which children should be exposed. One more big game to go and his foot may decide the outcome. Go Eagles - ring up the Bells!
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

ancient

Post by ancient » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:41 pm

The hardship is not about financial loss, it is about losing his mother. He would see his life as blessed, but what young man would not want to hug his mother after a game? He doesn't walk around in life feeling sorry for himself; he always seems to have a smile on his face. But, I can assure he wasn't smiling when he saw his mother suffering. Noto, I'm not upset with you for your comment; you are just being Noto like...a little controversial. I hope you still have your own mother, and, if so, give her lots of hugs.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 pm

ancient wrote:The hardship is not about financial loss, it is about losing his mother. He would see his life as blessed, but what young man would not want to hug his mother after a game? He doesn't walk around in life feeling sorry for himself; he always seems to have a smile on his face. But, I can assure he wasn't smiling when he saw his mother suffering. Noto, I'm not upset with you for your comment; you are just being Noto like...a little controversial. I hope you still have your own mother, and, if so, give her lots of hugs.
I know it's not about financial loss, but losing your mother at 15/16 isn't too bad especially when you have another strong parent to be there.

Not enough that it should affect you from making or not making field goals. Nor should it affect the opportunity he had to make those kicks.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch