The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

BoJack

The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Post by BoJack » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 am

People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
"Beer is proof that God wanted us all to be happy"- Ben Franklin

Red

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Post by Red » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 am

BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
You can't be serious.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:28 am

:ROFL: :ROFL: It would of been more exciting with MD..Congrats to SM..it is nice knowing that Mater Dei beat them during the season
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

thebull

Post by thebull » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 am

troll

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:39 am

BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
Fact, Servite plays boring football.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:40 am

Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Haroof

Post by Haroof » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:47 am

Dumbest post I've read in quite some time.

outsider70

Post by outsider70 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 am

Got to admit there is some validity that this years playoffs produced little excitment on these boards. There were less than 30 posts and 2 threads on this Championship game, if Servite or MD was in the playoffs they would have had that many on discussing the tailgate parties.

Harry Welchs reputation was more of a discussion than the teams or games themselves, which is too bad because those two teams had great kids and did some great things this year.I look forward to see what the Eagles will do next year, I hope thier fans will travel better and make some noise on these boards for them. Maybe it's a South county thing, but it felt like having the Florida Marlins in the World Series, if their fans don't care , why should we?

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am

slowyoroll wrote::ROFL: :ROFL: It would of been more exciting with MD..Congrats to SM..it is nice knowing that Mater Dei beat them during the season
Congrats, MD will be tied to the SMeagle title run like Servite was titled to OLU's.
I am The Voice of Reason

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:57 am

Notorious wrote: Fact, Servite plays boring football.
Blasphemy...This guy will beat you for your insolence....

Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 am

slowyoroll wrote::ROFL: :ROFL: It would of been more exciting with MD..Congrats to SM..it is nice knowing that Mater Dei beat them during the season

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow. They didn't show up to play the game that night, anyone could have beat them. They needed a reality adjustment. They started to believe all that was being written about them. Their false pride that night was their downfall. Welch always seems to do his best at the end of the game. At the end of the MD game, he just fed them to the lions. The loss was the best thing that ever happened to them. They left deflated and learned that you don't win a game because of name only. They started to believe they were good enough by just showing up and got severely spanked. Welch doesn't shy away from tough love. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants more for and from them, and arrogance doesn't fit into his plans. I guess it worked because after the Eagles had their feathers ruffled, they learned the value of what was needed to win. I can only say thank you to MD for slapping those boys down that night. In part, we became a successful team in the end because of MD.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 am

outsider70 wrote:Got to admit there is some validity that this years playoffs produced little excitment on these boards. There were less than 30 posts and 2 threads on this Championship game, if Servite or MD was in the playoffs they would have had that many on discussing the tailgate parties.

Harry Welchs reputation was more of a discussion than the teams or games themselves, which is too bad because those two teams had great kids and did some great things this year.I look forward to see what the Eagles will do next year, I hope thier fans will travel better and make some noise on these boards for them. Maybe it's a South county thing, but it felt like having the Florida Marlins in the World Series, if their fans don't care , why should we?
It's more of the fact that absolutely no SC fans have ever posted on this board.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 am

ancient wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow.
Weak.

Just take the loss. No one thinks MD is better than SM. No MD fans are saying they were better than you.

Take the loss with some grace.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:03 am

SMeagles football are equal Red Light football with the exception of being winners.
I am The Voice of Reason

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 am

RPW wrote:SMeagles football are equal Red Light football with the exception of being winners.
I bet when you wake up in the morning you put on black face paint before you post so you can feel like you're part of Servite's awesomeness.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:16 am

ancient wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow. They didn't show up to play the game that night, anyone could have beat them. They needed a reality adjustment. They started to believe all that was being written about them. Their false pride that night was their downfall. Welch always seems to do his best at the end of the game. At the end of the MD game, he just fed them to the lions. The loss was the best thing that ever happened to them. They left deflated and learned that you don't win a game because of name only. They started to believe they were good enough by just showing up and got severely spanked. Welch doesn't shy away from tough love. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants more for and from them, and arrogance doesn't fit into his plans. I guess it worked because after the Eagles had their feathers ruffled, they learned the value of what was needed to win. I can only say thank you to MD for slapping those boys down that night. In part, we became a successful team in the end because of MD.
Ancient...You seem like a nice lady...But SM lost on the field...Period...Point...Blank...It's Trinity League...It is what it is...

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 am

Notorious wrote: Weak.

Just take the loss. No one thinks MD is better than SM. No MD fans are saying they were better than you.

Take the loss with some grace.

Yes, we do take the loss with grace. As I said, we did not deserve to win, MD did deserve to win. It was grace that taught the Eagles a lesson that night.

As for Servite, I am happy they won the Trinity League Championship. They earned it and deserved it. I have the utmost respect for that team. Thomas and his young men are champions on and off the field. Like SM, they have learned their lesson as well and will come back next year.

Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 am

ancient wrote: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow.
Classic. I take back everything that I've said. The Smeagle fans have now left the Servite fans in the dust when it comes to arrogance and lack of humility....
Luca,I do get a guilty pleasure out of your posts, it is like watching a fat woman in the gym. Got to applaud the effort but have to remind myself to hide the laughs.

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 am

It's true. Servite football gets ppl talking. People will talk about; the hut drill, TT shadowboxing, players in blackface, the boards would be swamped with threads/posts. This thread alone will get more hits and views than the SM/SC game thread. Servite football puts asses in the seats on eyeballs on the TV.
"Beer is proof that God wanted us all to be happy"- Ben Franklin

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 am

BoJack wrote:It's true. Servite football gets ppl talking. People will talk about; the hut drill, TT shadowboxing, players in blackface, the boards would be swamped with threads/posts. This thread alone will get more hits and views than the SM/SC game thread. Servite football puts asses in the seats on eyeballs on the TV.
Don't mistake contempt for a perceived affinity to Servite football...Look at the **** talking that went on when you guys lost to Tesoro...Edac avoided this joint like a dog owner of an old dog after it drops a huge room clearing SBD fart...People like Avon will be calling for Thomas's head again if he can't return Servite to it "rightful place as king of So Call Football" LOL.