The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

ancient

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:48 am

Dan Patrick wrote:
Classic. I take back everything that I've said. The Smeagle fans have now left the Servite fans in the dust when it comes to arrogance and lack of humility....
You are just looking for fight, but you won't get it from me. I can assure you we gained humility losing to MD. That is my point! It was a valuable lesson.Perhaps it is difficult for you to understand my point because you feel it diminishes MD. It is not in any way meant to do so. Your experience that night was that you won because of great effort. We lost because we showed up with lots of ego and no effort. You had the better indeed!

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:49 am

BoJack wrote:It's true. Servite football gets ppl talking. People will talk about; the hut drill, TT shadowboxing, players in blackface, the boards would be swamped with threads/posts. This thread alone will get more hits and views than the SM/SC game thread. Servite football puts asses in the seats on eyeballs on the TV.
Servite does none of this.

Servite's fans do this, and 2 in particular. Avon and Edac are the only reason people talk about it.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:08 pm

ancient wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow. They didn't show up to play the game that night, anyone could have beat them. They needed a reality adjustment. They started to believe all that was being written about them. Their false pride that night was their downfall. Welch always seems to do his best at the end of the game. At the end of the MD game, he just fed them to the lions. The loss was the best thing that ever happened to them. They left deflated and learned that you don't win a game because of name only. They started to believe they were good enough by just showing up and got severely spanked. Welch doesn't shy away from tough love. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants more for and from them, and arrogance doesn't fit into his plans. I guess it worked because after the Eagles had their feathers ruffled, they learned the value of what was needed to win. I can only say thank you to MD for slapping those boys down that night. In part, we became a successful team in the end because of MD.
Ancient, thank you so much for your complimentary analysis of Mater Dei football. I would also like to inform you that Bruce Rollinson purposely lost the Corona Centennial, San Clemente, Carson, OLU, Servite, and Bosco games because he too felt that his boys needed a slap in the face. In fact Rollinson, being the esteemed man that he is, felt that his boys need to be slapped in the face 6 times this season which I assure you is a testament to the discipline that Rollinson instills in his players both on and off the field. In fact, if you watch closely, before each game Rollinson slaps each of his players before they take to the sidelines. I highly doubt that there has been a more disciplined team in the Trinity league this year. In fact, I would venture to say that the numerous slaps that Mater Dei incurred this season has made them far more disciplined than your Eagles. So thank you, your analysis of Mater Dei football being good slappers in the face is a huge compliment and a tremendous insight into both the future success and failure of the Mater Dei football program. I can assure that when Rollinson is done with his severe reality check for the Mater Dei football program that they will overcome their inherent arrogance and will truthfully learn the value of of what is needed to become a successful team.

:D
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 pm

ancient wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow. They didn't show up to play the game that night, anyone could have beat them. They needed a reality adjustment. They started to believe all that was being written about them. Their false pride that night was their downfall. Welch always seems to do his best at the end of the game. At the end of the MD game, he just fed them to the lions. The loss was the best thing that ever happened to them. They left deflated and learned that you don't win a game because of name only. They started to believe they were good enough by just showing up and got severely spanked. Welch doesn't shy away from tough love. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants more for and from them, and arrogance doesn't fit into his plans. I guess it worked because after the Eagles had their feathers ruffled, they learned the value of what was needed to win. I can only say thank you to MD for slapping those boys down that night. In part, we became a successful team in the end because of MD.
Yeah, that's it...Dirty Harry told the Eagles to lose to teach themselves a lesson! Damn, I was wondering why smaller players than their linemen was shellacking their QB. I could have sworn Eagle linemen had red capes and I heard "ole"!

Seriously ancient, you are starting to get annoying. You are going to make a lot of Trinity fans hope the Eagles get WINGED. Act like you've been. Nevermind, you probably have never picked up a football in your life.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Red wrote:
Yeah, that's it...Dirty Harry told the Eagles to lose to teach themselves a lesson! Damn, I was wondering why smaller players than their linemen was shellacking their QB. I could have sworn Eagle linemen had red capes and I heard "ole"!

Seriously ancient, you are starting to get annoying. You are going to make a lot of Trinity fans hope the Eagles get WINGED. Act like you've been. Nevermind, you probably have never picked up a football in your life.
You aren't fooling anyone, I'm not going to make a lot of Trinity fans hope the Eagles get "WINGED." It's always been what you wanted, to see us get WINGED. I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to want anyone to lose.

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Dan Patrick wrote: The Smeagle fans have now left the Servite fans in the dust when it comes to arrogance and lack of humility....
You are far too modest, Dan.

If arrogance were music, the Mission Viejo fan base would be a symphonic orchestra......Luca

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

ancient wrote:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

ancient wrote:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:25 pm

ancient wrote:
You aren't fooling anyone, I'm not going to make a lot of Trinity fans hope the Eagles get "WINGED." It's always been what you wanted, to see us get WINGED. I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to want anyone to lose.
Your assumptive post and support of Coach Welch's teaching moment against Mater Dei not only demeans the Monarch's victory but also portrays your hypocrisy by stating, "I just can't get myself to want anyone to lose."
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Luca wrote:
You are far too modest, Dan.

If arrogance were music, the Mission Viejo fan base would be a symphonic orchestra......Luca
You're blowing smoke again Luca.

Back it up with some facts or zip it with the hypocrisy.
Luca,I do get a guilty pleasure out of your posts, it is like watching a fat woman in the gym. Got to applaud the effort but have to remind myself to hide the laughs.

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Wiley wrote:Your assumptive post and support of Coach Welch's teaching moment against Mater Dei not only demeans the Monarch's victory but also portrays your hypocrisy by stating, "I just can't get myself to want anyone to lose."
With all due respect to you, Wiley, there is no demeaning the Monarch victory. They earned it and it belongs to them. However, Welch, might have been able to get the team to pull off a victory considering the closeness of the game and the potential to do so in the last quarter. He does have a history of doing so. But with respect to my Eagles, they played like crap that night and did not even appear to be the team that they are. They were zombies and did not listen and execute as instructed. They did not deserve to win for their disobedience. If the Eagles did not want to fight for the victory, why would the coach want to show them the way and spare them in the last moments? There is no hypocrisy on my part for stating I cannot get myself to want anyone to lose. I did not wish for the Eagles to lose that night, they did it to themselves. In any case, losing was a good lesson and resulted in a good outcome. Now all of this is mere speculation on my part, nobody really knows the mind of Coach Welch, but I do know his lessons are always painfully difficult and very unconventional.

I apologize if I offended the Monarch family. I certainly can see my post putting a damper on their victory in this game and, if I thought I would come across so poorly, I would never have posted. My sincerest apologies

atgreek

Post by atgreek » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 pm

ancient wrote:

Yes, we do take the loss with grace. As I said, we did not deserve to win, MD did deserve to win. It was grace that taught the Eagles a lesson that night.

As for Servite, I am happy they won the Trinity League Championship. They earned it and deserved it. I have the utmost respect for that team. Thomas and his young men are champions on and off the field. Like SM, they have learned their lesson as well and will come back next year.

And all the other teams did not?

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:07 pm

atgreek wrote:

And all the other teams did not?

Of course they all deserve to win the Trinity League, but Servite was the victor over all. I also have a special regard for Coach Thomas and his Men of Servite, so I was very happy to see them as the 2011 Trinity League Champions. But yes, all deserve it equally. Let us just say Servite rightfully deserved it at the end of Trinity League play.

JerryWest_44

Post by JerryWest_44 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:16 pm

For me personally, the playoffs were boring this year on the whole as there was no real dominant team on =both= sides of the ball in PAC-5 play. Servite, SM, San Clemente etc have great offenses but their defenses were not on par with their offense.

Servite vs SM this year was a classic game but in the end neither defense could stop one another ...

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:25 pm

ancient wrote:

Why does MD get all the credit? If the MD loss "was the best thing that ever happened to them", the Servite loss must have been the second best. Write up another one about how the Friars helped your team become champs by whupping them.

RPW

Post by RPW » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Ancient you are close to wearing out your welcome.
I am The Voice of Reason

ocfbtalk

Post by ocfbtalk » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 pm

BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
The lamest post I've read on this board....get a life!

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:29 pm

RPW wrote:Ancient you are close to wearing out your welcome.

And who are you to decide if my welcome is wearing? Are you that easily worn out by a woman?
Last edited by ancient on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ancient

Post by ancient » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:38 pm

pshaw wrote: Why does MD get all the credit? If the MD loss "was the best thing that ever happened to them", the Servite loss must have been the second best. Write up another one about how the Friars helped your team become champs by whupping them.

Yup, Servite battle tested and prepared us for the road to the CIF championship. They are the Trinity League champions. It is an honor to share championships with Servite. Those kids are amazing athletes and scholars!

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:39 am

ancient wrote:

And who are you to decide if my welcome is wearing? Are you that easily worn out by a woman?

How easy are you?
I am The Voice of Reason