Page 1 of 3

The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 am
by BoJack
People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 am
by Red
BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
You can't be serious.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:28 am
by slowyoroll
:ROFL: :ROFL: It would of been more exciting with MD..Congrats to SM..it is nice knowing that Mater Dei beat them during the season

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 am
by thebull
troll

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:39 am
by Notorious
BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
Fact, Servite plays boring football.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:40 am
by Ramon
BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
Image

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:47 am
by Haroof
BoJack wrote:People love to watch the Friars win. People love to watch the Friars lose. The playoffs have been boring. Boring coaches, boring players and boring fans. Servite is good for high school football. Fox Sports West is smart for bringing in Troy Thomas as special guest.
Dumbest post I've read in quite some time.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:51 am
by outsider70
Got to admit there is some validity that this years playoffs produced little excitment on these boards. There were less than 30 posts and 2 threads on this Championship game, if Servite or MD was in the playoffs they would have had that many on discussing the tailgate parties.

Harry Welchs reputation was more of a discussion than the teams or games themselves, which is too bad because those two teams had great kids and did some great things this year.I look forward to see what the Eagles will do next year, I hope thier fans will travel better and make some noise on these boards for them. Maybe it's a South county thing, but it felt like having the Florida Marlins in the World Series, if their fans don't care , why should we?

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am
by RPW
slowyoroll wrote::ROFL: :ROFL: It would of been more exciting with MD..Congrats to SM..it is nice knowing that Mater Dei beat them during the season
Congrats, MD will be tied to the SMeagle title run like Servite was titled to OLU's.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:57 am
by Ramon
Notorious wrote: Fact, Servite plays boring football.
Blasphemy...This guy will beat you for your insolence....

Image

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 am
by ancient
slowyoroll wrote::ROFL: :ROFL: It would of been more exciting with MD..Congrats to SM..it is nice knowing that Mater Dei beat them during the season


I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow. They didn't show up to play the game that night, anyone could have beat them. They needed a reality adjustment. They started to believe all that was being written about them. Their false pride that night was their downfall. Welch always seems to do his best at the end of the game. At the end of the MD game, he just fed them to the lions. The loss was the best thing that ever happened to them. They left deflated and learned that you don't win a game because of name only. They started to believe they were good enough by just showing up and got severely spanked. Welch doesn't shy away from tough love. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants more for and from them, and arrogance doesn't fit into his plans. I guess it worked because after the Eagles had their feathers ruffled, they learned the value of what was needed to win. I can only say thank you to MD for slapping those boys down that night. In part, we became a successful team in the end because of MD.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 am
by Notorious
outsider70 wrote:Got to admit there is some validity that this years playoffs produced little excitment on these boards. There were less than 30 posts and 2 threads on this Championship game, if Servite or MD was in the playoffs they would have had that many on discussing the tailgate parties.

Harry Welchs reputation was more of a discussion than the teams or games themselves, which is too bad because those two teams had great kids and did some great things this year.I look forward to see what the Eagles will do next year, I hope thier fans will travel better and make some noise on these boards for them. Maybe it's a South county thing, but it felt like having the Florida Marlins in the World Series, if their fans don't care , why should we?
It's more of the fact that absolutely no SC fans have ever posted on this board.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 am
by Notorious
ancient wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow.
Weak.

Just take the loss. No one thinks MD is better than SM. No MD fans are saying they were better than you.

Take the loss with some grace.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:03 am
by RPW
SMeagles football are equal Red Light football with the exception of being winners.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 am
by Notorious
RPW wrote:SMeagles football are equal Red Light football with the exception of being winners.
I bet when you wake up in the morning you put on black face paint before you post so you can feel like you're part of Servite's awesomeness.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:16 am
by Ramon
ancient wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow. They didn't show up to play the game that night, anyone could have beat them. They needed a reality adjustment. They started to believe all that was being written about them. Their false pride that night was their downfall. Welch always seems to do his best at the end of the game. At the end of the MD game, he just fed them to the lions. The loss was the best thing that ever happened to them. They left deflated and learned that you don't win a game because of name only. They started to believe they were good enough by just showing up and got severely spanked. Welch doesn't shy away from tough love. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants more for and from them, and arrogance doesn't fit into his plans. I guess it worked because after the Eagles had their feathers ruffled, they learned the value of what was needed to win. I can only say thank you to MD for slapping those boys down that night. In part, we became a successful team in the end because of MD.
Ancient...You seem like a nice lady...But SM lost on the field...Period...Point...Blank...It's Trinity League...It is what it is...

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 am
by ancient
Notorious wrote: Weak.

Just take the loss. No one thinks MD is better than SM. No MD fans are saying they were better than you.

Take the loss with some grace.


Yes, we do take the loss with grace. As I said, we did not deserve to win, MD did deserve to win. It was grace that taught the Eagles a lesson that night.

As for Servite, I am happy they won the Trinity League Championship. They earned it and deserved it. I have the utmost respect for that team. Thomas and his young men are champions on and off the field. Like SM, they have learned their lesson as well and will come back next year.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 am
by Dan Patrick
ancient wrote: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there are many people who know Welch who believe he let his boys lose to MD in the end because they did not deserve to win. He is a tough taskmaster, and they needed to be taught a serious lesson for what was to follow.
Classic. I take back everything that I've said. The Smeagle fans have now left the Servite fans in the dust when it comes to arrogance and lack of humility....

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 am
by BoJack
It's true. Servite football gets ppl talking. People will talk about; the hut drill, TT shadowboxing, players in blackface, the boards would be swamped with threads/posts. This thread alone will get more hits and views than the SM/SC game thread. Servite football puts asses in the seats on eyeballs on the TV.

Re: The playoffs are boring without the Servite.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 am
by Ramon
BoJack wrote:It's true. Servite football gets ppl talking. People will talk about; the hut drill, TT shadowboxing, players in blackface, the boards would be swamped with threads/posts. This thread alone will get more hits and views than the SM/SC game thread. Servite football puts asses in the seats on eyeballs on the TV.
Don't mistake contempt for a perceived affinity to Servite football...Look at the **** talking that went on when you guys lost to Tesoro...Edac avoided this joint like a dog owner of an old dog after it drops a huge room clearing SBD fart...People like Avon will be calling for Thomas's head again if he can't return Servite to it "rightful place as king of So Call Football" LOL.