BARNES FIRED AT TESORO!

papillon50

BARNES FIRED AT TESORO!

Post by papillon50 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Can anyone confirm?

papillon50

Re: BARNES FIRED AT TESORO!

Post by papillon50 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Jst got a call from a very good source at tesoro and it is true. He was let go for canceling the rumble at the ranch and for is offensive play calling and playing daddy ball. Players wanted him out and so did the parents. Wow this school has fired two winning coaches.

4chunet

Post by 4chunet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Barnes - Semi-finals to fired...any takers for that program? Rumble in the ranch? You mean private school with an athletic complex/state of the art weight room, players from anywhere they want to come from vs. public school with no support for football and NO weight room?
So, the Tesoro administration left it up to teenagers and parents to decide if a coach would stay or go? --:--

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

I would think there has to be more to this than the reasons above.

It seems a little hard to believe that he would have been fired in part for canceling a preseason series with a local school. If there weren't what they felt were other reasons to let him go, they could have just forced the coach to reschedule the game.

Without commenting one way or the other on the wisdom of discontinuing the series, I can't believe this would be considered reason enough to let an otherwise successful coach go.

They didn't like his play calling? I can see why maybe Servite wouldn't have liked it, but he did get them into the quarterfinals. They didn't like the father being around? Then tell the father not to come around.

It just sounds like there has to be more to it than this....Luca

Clearthinker

Post by Clearthinker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Luca wrote:I would think there has to be more to this than the reasons above.

It seems a little hard to believe that he would have been fired in part for canceling a preseason series with a local school. If there weren't what they felt were other reasons to let him go, they could have just forced the coach to reschedule the game.

Without commenting one way or the other on the wisdom of discontinuing the series, I can't believe this would be considered reason enough to let an otherwise successful coach go.

They didn't like his play calling? I can see why maybe Servite wouldn't have liked it, but he did get them into the quarterfinals. They didn't like the father being around? Then tell the father not to come around.

It just sounds like there has to be more to it than this....Luca
As I said in another thread

Think of south Orange County as like the TV show ---"The OC"--------Given Barnes record which is excellent ---he is a good coach and from what I understand he does not verbally abuse kids--the only explanation is that some parents ----most likely parents of kids who do not play or not much------now play their power and intimidation card ---their little Johnny doesn't get to play and he should because he was an allstar when he played JR Midget---so they complain to a higher authority that Johnny doesn't play enough

IN A NUTSHELL SOME PARENTS THINK THAT HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS LIKE AYSO SOCCER WHERE EVERYONE HAS TO PLAY HALF THE GAME and if they don't ITS NOT FAIR------

Tesoro Athletics

Post by Tesoro Athletics » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

This is absolutely untrue. Those that comment don't work at Tesoro, don't know Brian Barnes, Principal Burch or yours truly, Gil Ramirez.
Brian has not been fired. Brian has not resigned. The Rumble wasn't cancelled. The two year (home/home) contract was simply not renewed.
Those that continue to speculate and spread false rumors appear to have an agenda. If any of you have a question take the time to call my office at Tesoro (234-5310) to get the straight answers.
Grow up and move on!
Gil Ramirez

cali_cronic220

Post by cali_cronic220 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Perfect time for LBPoly or OLu to maybe do some house cleaning?

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:24 pm

cali_cronic220 wrote:Perfect time for LBPoly or OLu to maybe do some house cleaning?
I sincerely doubt Orange Lutheran will ever fire Kunau.

In fact if I would place money on coaches that would be least likely to ever get fired from their job Kunau would be #1.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

old45guy

Post by old45guy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 am

This is a false rumor. I talked to Burch and coach barnes

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 am

I would suggest that any head coach who would maintain a varsity roster over 130-players suited-up
on the sideline would be inviting player/parent discontent regarding playing time.

Two other thoughts would include having his father in the box, and the reaction from
Santa Margarita and his administration for the game cancelation.

Barnes' record his first two-years after O'Connell finished at 1-9 was 20-5.
This included two-straight SCL titles and a trip to the PAC 5 championship game.

In the last three-years his record has slipped to 21-14 with a trip each to the quarters and semis.
This is could be less than the expectations of parents and possibly the administration.

Like Luca, I'm at a loss for rational thoughts on the surface but then when parents push hard enough...

photo courtesy of WileyWorld
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am

Tesoro Athletics wrote:This is absolutely untrue. Those that comment don't work at Tesoro, don't know Brian Barnes, Principal Burch or yours truly, Gil Ramirez.
Brian has not been fired. Brian has not resigned. The Rumble wasn't cancelled. The two year (home/home) contract was simply not renewed.
Those that continue to speculate and spread false rumors appear to have an agenda. If any of you have a question take the time to call my office at Tesoro (234-5310) to get the straight answers.
Grow up and move on!
Gil Ramirez

Hi Gil,

Is the football stadium really that bad for vistors? I have never been to the campus but I hear about grown women needing to piss on the baseball field because the layout is horrible.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
I am The Voice of Reason

Red

Post by Red » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 am

RPW wrote:

Hi Gil,

Is the football stadium really that bad for vistors? I have never been to the campus but I hear about grown women needing to piss on the baseball field because the layout is horrible.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

18echo
Oversight Committee

Post by 18echo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:30 am

Wiley wrote:I would suggest that any head coach who would maintain a varsity roster over 130-players suited-up on the sideline would be inviting player/parent discontent regarding playing time.
I haven't had a reason to watch high school football since my freshman year of college, but I do recall my high school suiting up the entire varsity and JV roster for every home and road game, it was over 100 players.

We would also suit up the sophmore team for the play-offs, as the sophmore season was over at that point.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

Tesoro Athletics

Post by Tesoro Athletics » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 am

Really? Grown women? Get real.
Believe nothing you "hear" and only half of what you see.

GR

Luca

Post by Luca » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

Tesoro Athletics wrote:This is absolutely untrue. Those that comment don't work at Tesoro, don't know Brian Barnes, Principal Burch or yours truly, Gil Ramirez.
Grow up and move on!
Gil Ramirez
Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Ramirez. I am glad to hear that Coach Barnes will remain as head coach.

However,I think all of us are aware that preseason games are home and home two-year contracts. This has always been the case, in so far as I am aware. It was not stated that Tesoro canceled a contract, it was stated that they canceled a series. It would seem that merely changing the verb from "canceled" to "(un-) renewed" is a distinction without a difference in practical terms.

If this is felt to be a significant distinction, then perhaps the initial comments should be reworded to state that there is an element at the Tesoro community that is unhappy that Coach Barnes did not renew the series. Either way, the point remains the same.

Personally, it doesn't make much difference to me, but it does seem to mean quite a bit to the players and the community, which I had always understood was a primary purpose for having an athletic program in the first place.....Luca

RandyF59

Post by RandyF59 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 am

papillon50 wrote:Can anyone confirm?
:slapfight: Four 1st time posters is unusual for one thread. Parental over-involvement is alive and well :mrgreen:

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:27 am

Why would you not reniew a series that was bringing in over $15K at the game? Who cares if you lose 99-0, you still won.

TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 am

ColSixPack wrote:Why would you not reniew a series that was bringing in over $15K at the game? Who cares if you lose 99-0, you still won.
Not if it causes many of your future football players to decide to go to the other school instead.

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:33 am

Six Pack, I hear what your saying about the gate but the problem for a public football program they do not get a piece of the gate, the ASB does. I know at HB High the football revenue is used to pay for all the umpires and referees for all sports, they the ASB directs any extra funds. Boy basketball pays for it own referees but after that football supports them. The booster/football get the snack revenue and that is the only benifit of a big crowd toward a program. Hence the HC has zero incentive to produce attendance. Another quirck of mine is Thurday night games, since ASB and the kids need the dollars, why play them, there has been times when a Thur night game could be avoid but the school admin did not want to work...costing the kids
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 am

4chunet wrote:Barnes - Semi-finals to fired...any takers for that program? Rumble in the ranch? You mean private school with an athletic complex/state of the art weight room, players from anywhere they want to come from vs. public school with no support for football and NO weight room?
So, the Tesoro administration left it up to teenagers and parents to decide if a coach would stay or go? --:--
One of the finest public schools in the OC with it's own on campus stadium and double the enrollment of the local private school. They are also located outside the gates of one of the wealthiest communities in the state with no tuition costs. If they don't have any support that is on the parents. The players know they can compete with SM even if the coach doesn't think so.