Steve Burt, RIP

Red

Re: Steve Burt, RIP

Post by Red »

Luca wrote:
That was excellent, cockroach. I am impressed. Honest catharsis.

The Bard would have said:
"Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing...."

and Winston:
"History with its flickering lamp stumbles along the trail of the past, trying to reconstruct its scenes, to revive its echoes, and kindle with pale gleams the passion of former days...."
Does anybody know what Wiley died of?
Poetry!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
ventura

Post by ventura »

RandyF59 wrote: Wiley you jousted well, Sir! As a frequent foil for our erstwhile millionaire, this loss hits hard. I will miss the Wiley barbs and jabs, his love of HS football. I cannot figure why I'm crying, but I am. Just like Wiley to have the last laugh. Peace, brother.

Really nice sentiments, Randy.

Reading comments through the years of high school football fanatics has brought me many smiles. For most of us it's a harmless way to hold on to youthful exuberance.

I pray Wiley's passing was a good one. A positive sign that his sons were with him.

God's grace and comfort to his loved ones. May his soul rest in peace.

Ventura
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

why do people always talk like a Hallmark Card when someone dies?
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

oceanvue wrote:why do people always talk like a Hallmark Card when someone dies?
Hallmark has a terrific marketing staff.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

still no ones saying what he died of. Goodave indicated that he had had discussions about faith with Wiley and I think there was an indication that he knew he was sick. It said his 3 sons (Chip, Robbie and Mike?) were by his side it must not of been sudden. He was posting up until the 14th and had his usual wits about him. I'm guessing cancer of some sort
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

I miss the old grump.
Hi
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

oceanvue wrote:still no ones saying what he died of. Goodave indicated that he had had discussions about faith with Wiley and I think there was an indication that he knew he was sick. It said his 3 sons (Chip, Robbie and Mike?) were by his side it must not of been sudden. He was posting up until the 14th and had his usual wits about him. I'm guessing cancer of some sort
I've been looking for some sort of announcement or obit ... but to date, no information. I can't even find a FB page.
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

at first I thought it might have been Lou Gehrig's disease but than I remembered he never mentioned anything about ever playing baseball
OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED »

~44~ wrote:I miss the old grump.
Maybe I shouldn't have sarcastically wished him a nice bowl season? Well . . . not quite as amusing in retrospect. But then, he had no problem taking pot-shots at my Bruins right up until the end. It was all good, Wiles.

OV . . . wouldn't be surprised to find out that Steve had a hole somewhere around his A-gap.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

~44~ wrote:I miss the old grump.
I don't... but maybe he's building a fantasy football team with all the dead players
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

OPINIONATED wrote:
OV . . . wouldn't be surprised to find out that Steve had a hole somewhere around his A-gap.

well he needed to plug that with his mike linebacker
Last edited by oceanvue on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Which one of you will be next? Ask yourselves these questions

1. Am I over weight?
2. Do I have a beer gut?
3. Do I exercise?
4. Do I drink too much?
5. Do I have high blood pressure?
6. Is my face red?
7. How is my diet?
8. Am I around 50yrs or older?

I am not being facetious..and I am not at all implying that any of these were reasons Wiley passed because I have no idea..what I do know that men in this country are losing their lives much too soon for these reasons..
A new year is approaching and it is a good time to make changes to your way of life so you can live longer
for your family and loved ones..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED »

Sorry, but I have a huge term life-insurance policy that expires in seven years. If I last beyond then, my wife will kill me.
OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED »

Uh-oh! I just checked, and it expires in five years.
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

OPINIONATED wrote:Maybe I shouldn't have sarcastically wished him a nice bowl season? Well . . . not quite as amusing in retrospect. But then, he had no problem taking pot-shots at my Bruins right up until the end. It was all good, Wiles.

Not too long ago in a rebuttal to something lame I wrote he ended up giving us a few paragraphs about his condition.

You then scolded him for being an old dude talking about his ailments non-stop. Thanks FD1, you could have been a little more understanding.
Hi
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

OPINIONATED wrote:Maybe I shouldn't have sarcastically wished him a nice bowl season? Well . . . not quite as amusing in retrospect. But then, he had no problem taking pot-shots at my Bruins right up until the end. It was all good, Wiles.

Last edited by ~44~ on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

If I die it's probably just for attention
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

slowyoroll wrote:Which one of you will be next? Ask yourselves these questions

1. Am I over weight? - no
2. Do I have a beer gut? - slight to moderate
3. Do I exercise? at least 1 hour a day
4. Do I drink too much? yes
5. Do I have high blood pressure? no
6. Is my face red? tan
7. How is my diet? fairly normal
8. Am I around 50yrs or older? 40

I am not being facetious..and I am not at all implying that any of these were reasons Wiley passed because I have no idea..what I do know that men in this country are losing their lives much too soon for these reasons..
A new year is approaching and it is a good time to make changes to your way of life so you can live longer
Hi
~44~

Post by ~44~ »

BTW - Wiley loved the drama and attention. I'm tempted to go off topic here just because I know how much he hated it when threads went in that direction (even though he was guilty of it many, many times)
Hi
Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. »

~44~ wrote:Which one of you will be next? Ask yourselves these questions

1. Am I over weight? - no
2. Do I have a beer gut? - slight to moderate
3. Do I exercise? at least 1 hour a day
4. Do I drink too much? yes
5. Do I have high blood pressure? no
6. Is my face red? tan
7. How is my diet? fairly normal
8. Am I around 50yrs or older? 40

In the words of Mike Muir, “Doesn't matter, I'll probably get hit by a car anyways….”

Bobby G.