Is football here yet??

Buck

Is football here yet??

Post by Buck » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Looking forward to another yr of football.....SMCHS will have one of the All-Time Offenses lining up next yr, is MD primed for a comeback? Servite .... rebuilding yr although they are loaded at RB. Bosco can they continue what they started last yr. El Toro ready to play with the big boys, Tesoro..... title contender and what about MV and San Clemente? And so much more. I can not wait.

Sad to see what has happened to HS BBall, it does not carry the same enthusiasm it once had.

kingspeed

Re: Is football here yet??

Post by kingspeed » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 am

Your showing your bias.
HS BB is likely more popular now and has more buzz than it ever had as far as colleges and recruiting etc. BB for HS has people folowing then prospects as early as 6-8th grade.
Now if your referring to the the transfer issues etc that is another can or worms, but the buzz is there.
Simply this board is OC footbal centric. Try www.socalhoops.com and the amount of posts and threads will give you an idea of the buzz around hs basketball and there is just as much for girls as guys.
"Get In The Mix"

Red

Post by Red » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am

Buck wrote:Looking forward to another yr of football.....SMCHS will have one of the All-Time Offenses lining up next yr, is MD primed for a comeback? Servite .... rebuilding yr although they are loaded at RB. Bosco can they continue what they started last yr. El Toro ready to play with the big boys, Tesoro..... title contender and what about MV and San Clemente? And so much more. I can not wait.

Sad to see what has happened to HS BBall, it does not carry the same enthusiasm it once had.
Call the Wambulance. There was a time when SM had 5 Transfers and they all started on the BB team.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Buck wrote:Looking forward to another yr of football.....SMCHS will have one of the All-Time Offenses lining up next yr,.....Sad to see what has happened to HS BBall, it does not carry the same enthusiasm it once had.
Santa Margarita may have a very effective offense
if they have an offensive line coach who can find and develop 2 new starters and motivate the O-line like Coach Spalding used to, and
if they avoid injuries, and
if they avoid taking themselves too seriously, and
if they ignore the over-the-top expectations that some have.

Then they have to build a whole new defensive front. They will know soon enough how good they are as they play Brophy of Arizona and St. Bonaventure weeks 0 and 4........

I think this is going to be a critical year for Bosco. If they can't make a really good run through the Trinity league this year then I suspect they will have peaked under their new coach. I wonder if it's a crucial year for Coach Rollinson to produce another winner........ Luca

Red

Post by Red » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Luca wrote:
if they have an offensive line coach who can find and develop 2 new starters and motivate the O-line like Coach Spalding used to, and

Then they have to build a whole new defensive front. They will know soon enough how good they are as they play Brophy of Arizona and St. Bonaventure weeks 0 and 4........

I think this is going to be a critical year for Bosco. If they can't make a really good run through the Trinity league this year then I suspect they will have peaked under their new coach. I wonder if it's a crucial year for Coach Rollinson to produce another winner........ Luca
Working on it. :mrgreen:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

fttank

Post by fttank » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:28 pm

stansdonut wrote: salt pills
two a days
no water
It's a wonder we didn't die...

fttank

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm thinking Capo might have a break out year

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:07 pm

stansdonut wrote:all wide outs and running backs should be running track
all linebackers, fullbacks, line...shot and disc
if any school has a jock cup of a coach in track
get it
got it
good
or go yawn and seven on seven
damm maxxie "the pad" theriot is back :bonk:

Finnfisher

Post by Finnfisher » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 pm

stansdonut wrote: water helmet
salt pills
no water
lime dust on face
someone has to educate via swat or otherwise
Lol - boy have times changed. Brings back memories Particularly swats in th coaches office.

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Luca wrote:

what will ur impression of bosco be if they finish 2nd behind SM or even first this year???
just curious???

Sixth Man

Post by Sixth Man » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 am

oceanvue wrote:I'm thinking Capo might have a break out year
Maybe a league title but I doubt they go far in the playoffs with the sunset teams lurking.

Whatthe?

Post by Whatthe? » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am

Erie Johnson (El Rancho)

CIF 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A (made it clear were you stood)

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:03 am

Sixth Man wrote: Maybe a league title but I doubt they go far in the playoffs with the sunset teams lurking.
I hoping they just get the corner turned. I think Poston is an awesome coach

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:
damm maxxie "the pad" theriot is back :bonk:
Please tell me it didn't take you THIS long to figure out that this was Max???? #-o
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:19 am

Hi Andur!!!! I miss you guys.. :(
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 am

slowyoroll wrote:Hi Andur!!!! I miss you guys.. :(
Hi Slow!!! Miss you guys too.... :(

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:
what will ur impression of bosco be if they finish 2nd behind SM or even first this year???
just curious???
That would be very impressive. It's entirely possible......Luca

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:43 am

AndUR?? wrote:
Please tell me it didn't take you THIS long to figure out that this was Max???? #-o
i dont read every thread and did not notice him before in an of the threads i have read.
hopefully my previous winning streak of missing his posts will continue. :cheers:

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 am

BoscoBandWagon wrote:
i dont read every thread and did not notice him before in an of the threads i have read.
hopefully my previous winning streak of missing his posts will continue. :cheers:
:ROFL:

Red

Post by Red » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 pm

stansdonut wrote:

Bring back the SWATthat cool smooth swing boys line up and become men
a young fawn faces the SWAT
a clean swing
a mans swing
holes in the paddle for air turbulence
then we embrace
kum bay ahhhhhh

a SWAT clears the air
makes way for the second day of practice
the young fawn now becomes a man
- Mr. Dunn - McFadden Junior High! Best swing EVER!