Another SM to MV transfer?

HS FB Fan 37

Another SM to MV transfer?

Post by HS FB Fan 37 »

Edward Lewis, who covers UCLA recruiting for Rivals, just tweeted the following:

"#UCLA O-line commit Erik Bunte is transferring from Santa Margarita to Mission Viejo, he just told me in a text."

"Erik Bunte on the transfer: 'I found that under the current circumstances and coaching staff, I could not play to my fullest potential.'"

Source: http://twitter.com/EdwardLewisBSR

What's going on at SM??
thebull

Re: Another SM to MV transfer?

Post by thebull »

strange, very strange indeed!
Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter »

Seriously? If true, I don't know what is more disturbing, the turmoil at SMCHS, or the concentration of transfers stealing starting jobs from MV players. The new transfer policy is really paying off for some teams. Great idea, huh?
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.
bam-boozle

Post by bam-boozle »

HS FB Fan 37 wrote:Edward Lewis, who covers UCLA recruiting for Rivals, just tweeted the following:

"#UCLA O-line commit Erik Bunte is transferring from Santa Margarita to Mission Viejo, he just told me in a text."

"Erik Bunte on the transfer: 'I found that under the current circumstances and coaching staff, I could not play to my fullest potential.'"

Source: http://twitter.com/EdwardLewisBSR

What's going on at SM??

The reality is that this player became the 6th best o-lineman on the team. He lost his starting job during the Brophy Prep game, and didn't like it at all. Instead of accepting the challenge, he transferred.

Don't get mired down to the fact that he has accepted a scholarship to UCLA. When you're 6-7 and 320 lbs, coaches tend to be more interested in your potential vs your current ability. Perhaps he will find a more nurturing coaching style at MV and reach his "fullest potential". If not the Bruins will be getting a player who looks great in a uniform.
Last edited by bam-boozle on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haroof

Post by Haroof »

Unbelievable.
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

Bunte played left guard last year and despite his size and reputation, his, ahem, talents were significantly covered up by the play of next door neighbor Max Tuerk. At tackle in 2012 for the first time in his career he was exposed a bit at Brophy. He had a second chance to prove himself as a tackle at Jordan but he had a tough time with the athletes on the perimeter. I understood he may be heading back to guard, but what do I know.

Despite what people may say about where he is today in his development he has a lot of upside. A lot. He has an NFL body which you can't coach.
inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto »

bam-boozle wrote:

The reality is that this player became the 6th best o-lineman on the team. He lost his starting job during the Brophy Prep game, and didn't like it at all. Instead of accepting the challenge, he transferred.

Don't get mired down to the fact that he has accepted a scholarship to UCLA. When you're 6-7 and 320 lbs, coaches tend to be more interested in your potential vs your current ability. Perhaps he will find a more nurturing coaching style at MV and reach his "fullest potential". If not the Bruins will be getting a player who looks great in a uniform.
...maybe this is why he's headed to Westwood rather than South Central?
Percussus Resurgo
thebull

Post by thebull »

bam-boozle wrote:

This seems like a "didn't need him anyways" kind of post. sad.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Bunte is a UCLA commit, loses his starting job! Did he play that bad? Transfers to MV?, will he be eligible
October 1st? I can't believe a D1 commit lost his starting job in HS. Man, don't fool around with Harry!!
Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick »

Classic how quickly the Smeagle supporters turn on their own. For the last year they've been singing this kid's praises-now overnight he turns into a bum.

Stay classy Smeagles!
Luca,I do get a guilty pleasure out of your posts, it is like watching a fat woman in the gym. Got to applaud the effort but have to remind myself to hide the laughs.
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Thank God he went to MV and not MD...Lionhunter might have lost his ever lovin mind :mrgreen:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
tt24

Post by tt24 »

Word out of SM is this kid is a complete cancer and very lazy.

We'll see how Uncle Bob handles him and his lack of work ethic.
Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter »

Ramon wrote:Thank God he went to MV and not MD...Lionhunter might have lost his ever lovin mind :mrgreen:
You mean you think I still have it? And what about your complaint that I don't criticize anybody but MD for rustling players? Huh? Huh?
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Lionhunter wrote:You mean you think I still have it? And what about your complaint that I don't criticize anybody but MD for rustling players? Huh? Huh?
"This Season" I must tip my hat to you...You've been even handed...Good on you :thumbsup:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Lionhunter wrote:You mean you think I still have it? And what about your complaint that I don't criticize anybody but MD for rustling players? Huh? Huh?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter »

Notorious wrote: Image
What, you never heard of cattle rustling. I grew up watching westerns you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_raiding
bam-boozle

Post by bam-boozle »

thebull wrote:
This seems like a "didn't need him anyways" kind of post. sad.
Terms of Endearment was a "sad" movie; that commercial late at night with the 3-legged dog and hairless cat is "sad". Not sure what is "sad" about what was posted in my original comment.

An 18 year old senior leaves his team during the 3rd week of the season because he felt like his o-line coach was too hard on him.....and then calls out his coaches as his reason for leaving. But, in your world, that must be an acceptable practice. When the going gets tough......transfer.

For anyone who has followed HSFB over the past 2 decades, one thing that seems to be an accepted truth - Marty Spaulding is one of the best football coaches around - period. The fact that this player left the team, then called out his coaches is most definitely sad.
Last edited by bam-boozle on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Patrick

Post by Dan Patrick »

Where does he specifically call out Marty? I thought that Welch was the HC. Doesn't that make him the one being called out?

Does Bunte's "quote" really sound like words coming out of a 17 or 18 year old kid?

Smeagle boosters dumping on a kid. Very classy!
Luca,I do get a guilty pleasure out of your posts, it is like watching a fat woman in the gym. Got to applaud the effort but have to remind myself to hide the laughs.
bam-boozle

Post by bam-boozle »

Dan Patrick wrote:Where does he specifically call out Marty? I thought that Welch was the HC. Doesn't that make him the one being called out?

Does Bunte's "quote" really sound like words coming out of a 17 or 18 year old kid?

Smeagle boosters dumping on a kid. Very classy!

DP - keep spinning it in an effort to discredit SMCHS. I thought we were both utilizing the same info afforded to us, which stated, ""Erik Bunte on the transfer: 'I found that under the current circumstances and coaching staff, I could not play to my fullest potential.'"

Where does it say anything about Coach Welch or the Head Coach in general. Anyone who is around Eagle football realizes that Coach Spaulding is the guy when it comes to all things on the o-line. Marty challenged one of his players to step up; when he didn't, he was benched as a means to send a message. Most players understand the challenge and respond. This one chose to quit in the 3rd week of the season.

I'd be less worried about what an "eagle booster" believes and more concerned about how the UCLA coaching staff is going to react to a player transferring to another school because he got benched.

Oh, and with regards to the players quote not sounding like something a senior in high school would say...well if your insinuating that mom tweeted on his behalf, then please understand now where the problem may lie....
Last edited by bam-boozle on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icyourbs

Post by icyourbs »

HS FB Fan 37 wrote:What's going on at SM??
It has nothing to do with SM. These transfers are happening all over the place. It seems that some parents are allowing their kids to side step adversity. They will have a big wake up call come college time. ](*,)