Servite vs. Edison

ocfootballfan

Re: Servite vs. Edison

Post by ocfootballfan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:57 pm

FallStar wrote:
To a certain extent. But great players make great teams. What were the Bulls without Jordan or the Patriots without Brady? Moore and Eteaki are two of the best players in the county and the two best players on the team. Go to any other team and take away their two best players.
How many starters did Olu lose this year to transfer......3-4 or more? I don't hear them making excuses.

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:56 pm

ocfootballfan wrote:
How many starters did Olu lose this year to transfer......3-4 or more? I don't hear them making excuses.
I was responding to the post saying the offense was anemic. When your two best offensive players are injured, that tends to affect offensive production. Every time a fan comes on and discusses their team's performance, all you yahoos come on and whine about people making 'excuses.' I'm just making conversation amongst fans. Giving reasons for subpar performance does not mean making excuses.

And to answer your question, I haven't heard anything from OLU......about anything.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:17 pm

WITH Eteaki and Moore the Servite Offense will STILL struggle to move the ball. WITHOUT both of them, as we witnessed on Friday vs Edison, the offense is a JV squad playing at the "Big Boy" Level.

IMO, the only decision to be made is go go back to the QB in a shotgun/pistol formation with BOTH Eteaki and Moore in the backfield. You need both of those guys on the field at the same time to give this offense a chance to move the ball. Neither is a legitimate threat as WR so bring them both back in the backfield. Sticking with the same scheme will lead to nothing but more of the same.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Agreed. This offense is an unmitigated disaster so far. Etiaki and Moore need to get the majority of the touches. The qb needs to be in the gun and for god's sake the running backs need to be deeper so they can run downhill. They may be so entrenched into the existing scheme that it is too late to change since there are limited hours to practice. However it is painfully obvious that this offense is going nowhere and will continue to get shut down by everyone from here on out. This week the friars will get an embarrassing beat down and probably get shut out again by Gorman. I know the talent is down but to see the offense look like a frosh/soph team in terms of execution is painful to say the least.

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm

edac25 wrote:WITH Eteaki and Moore the Servite Offense will STILL struggle to move the ball. WITHOUT both of them, as we witnessed on Friday vs Edison, the offense is a JV squad playing at the "Big Boy" Level.
Without a doubt they will struggle regardless. However, a healthy Eteaki and Moore would have at least been able to move the ball a little bit. Like I said in another post, without Moore, Servite is 0-3.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:57 am

OPINIONATED wrote:
... Then, had to laugh at Albano's reference to Servite's two-year "winning streak". Since when do two of anything make a streak? ...
It's actually 3 yrs...2011, 2010, and the CIF title game in 2009.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:05 am

Lionhunter wrote:It's actually 3 yrs...2011, 2010, and the CIF title game in 2009.
"Trust us, we're experts on streaks." - Average Servite fan
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:18 am

Notorious wrote: "Trust us, we're experts on streaks." - Average Servite fan
Just interested in accuracy. Which is why I would not say that Servite has beaten O Lu 10 times in a row, when it's only been 8 in a row. See how that works?
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:30 am

Lionhunter wrote:Just interested in accuracy. Which is why I would not say that Servite has beaten O Lu 10 times in a row, when it's only been 8 in a row. See how that works?
No, because streaks are for people living in the past.

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:50 am

Notorious wrote: No, because streaks are for people living in the past.
Streaking is for those living in the present.

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 am

FallStar wrote:
To a certain extent. But great players make great teams. What were the Bulls without Jordan or the Patriots without Brady? Moore and Eteaki are two of the best players in the county and the two best players on the team. Go to any other team and take away their two best players.
Even with Eteaki and Moore, Servite is not a great team and comparing their respective value to that of Jordan or Brady is a quite stretch.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:35 am

Servite's QB has a long way to go, before he is D1...The RB issue is not the reason they lost....Edison beats Servite by 20 if they played again. Come on not crossing the 50 until the third qt is being dominated.

Edison team foot speed is the slowest I have seen in a few years, D line is tough and active, o line big and will get into thier guys. White needs to keep it basic for the QB, does not look as good as he did in passing league. Some said he was as good as Chase last year, of course White got that one right, Chase is alot better than him right now. Hopefully he gets hot and on a roll into the playoffs, I would love to see Edy take the Division.

I have seen MD and they are very tough, I would have them 10 point favorites over Edy, Edy must play perfect and grind out a 13-10 win. Ball control and field position with the D will be keys...Real basic football..
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:36 am

FallStar wrote:
Streaking is for those living in the present.
I don't know what being naked has anything to do with the argument.

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 am

Al Koholik wrote:
Even with Eteaki and Moore, Servite is not a great team and comparing their respective value to that of Jordan or Brady is a quite stretch.
I didn't compare them. I used Jordan and Brady to illustrate how stupid your comment was. Based on your opinion, the Bulls were not a great team, nor were the Patriots.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 am

Old School wrote:Ball control and field position with the D will be keys...Real boring football..
FTFY

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 pm

FriarJoe wrote:Agreed. This offense is an unmitigated disaster so far. Etiaki and Moore need to get the majority of the touches. The qb needs to be in the gun and for god's sake the running backs need to be deeper so they can run downhill. They may be so entrenched into the existing scheme that it is too late to change since there are limited hours to practice. However it is painfully obvious that this offense is going nowhere and will continue to get shut down by everyone from here on out. This week the friars will get an embarrassing beat down and probably get shut out again by Gorman. I know the talent is down but to see the offense look like a frosh/soph team in terms of execution is painful to say the least.

If servite ran this offense or the current offense with more running plays they would be just fine. They average almost 5 yards a carry

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I am amazed to hear they average 5 yards per carry. Most of the yards I've seen have come on QB scrambles. I've haven't seen a handoff run go for more than 10 yards. In any event, anyone who watches film can see that they have zero passing game so everyone will just stack the front 7 and not let them run. The offense needs to change or they will have zero chance for the next several weeks and might even lose to St. Paul.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:58 pm

FriarJoe wrote:The offense needs to change or they will have zero chance for the next several weeks and might even lose to St. Paul.
Having seen St. Paul play against Mater Dei, I don't see any way Servite can lose that game.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:03 pm

GHOGH wrote:If servite ran this offense or the current offense with more running plays they would be just fine. They average almost 5 yards a carry
According to the O.C. Register, Servite has run 113 times for 436 yards (3.86 average).

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:19 pm

MDDad wrote: According to the O.C. Register, Servite has run 113 times for 436 yards (3.86 average).

Or should I say Moore almost averages 5 yards a carry.