Absolutely TERRIFIED for Servite next week...

BoscoWillBeBack

Absolutely TERRIFIED for Servite next week...

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

Next week the men in black will clash heads with a colossal titan Bishop Gorman of Nevada. Is it just me or is everybody else here absolutely worried for Servite next week? Maybe a SM - Carson 72-0 beatdown?

templar83

Re: Absolutely TERRIFIED for Servite next week...

Post by templar83 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:43 pm

calitechno wrote:Next week the men in black will clash heads with a colossal titan Bishop Gorman of Nevada. Is it just me or is everybody else here absolutely worried for Servite next week? Maybe a SM - Carson 72-0 beatdown?
This may come as a surprise to you, but there are some who are undoubetly looking forward to just that.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Well of course I'm rooting for Servite, but Bishop Gorman is coming off a nasty loss to Bergen Catholic of New Jersey...Seems like they want to vent that anger out on somebody. :bonk:

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 am

Sigh...well, like I said in another post somewhere...I guess there's always the lower levels

Maybe they should have had it in Vegas again...would have given me an excuse to drink heavily after the game.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

edac25

Post by edac25 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 am

This game MIGHT be closer than some anticipate IF...IF the Friar Defense plays as well as they have in their last 6 quarters of football in which they've given up 6 points to two pretty decent football teams. Servite will have to play lights out defensively in this one to keep it respectable. I don't see the offense moving the ball unfortunately.

The outcome of this one will give us a good idea of what Trinity League play will look like for Servite.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:24 am

calitechno wrote:Next week the men in black will clash heads with a colossal titan Bishop Gorman of Nevada. Is it just me or is everybody else here absolutely worried for Servite next week? Maybe a SM - Carson 72-0 beatdown?

Why, will the sun not rise the next morning? I must admit, comments like yours crack me up, I mean even during the highest point of Servites great run the last few years, a team won and loss in every game and I doubt the losers of those games didn't move on with life and enjoy thier high schools years! it is time for a number of adults on this forum to learn that W-L, a high school football game shouldn't be the highlight o their lives!

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 am

I'm TERRIFED of Pit Bulls & Dobermans but not of a football game

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 am

edac25 wrote:This game MIGHT be closer than some anticipate IF...IF the Friar Defense plays as well as they have in their last 6 quarters of football in which they've given up 6 points to two pretty decent football teams. Servite will have to play lights out defensively in this one to keep it respectable. I don't see the offense moving the ball unfortunately.

The outcome of this one will give us a good idea of what Trinity League play will look like for Servite.
I will enjoy your desertion of this board if Servite gets blown out this week.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 am

Notorious wrote: I will enjoy your desertion of this board if Servite gets blown out this week.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

kingspeed

Post by kingspeed » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 am

Truth hit it correctly. "We" are not playing and win or lose, frankly those kids an hour after have moved on. No one likes losing but without losing their is no joy in winning either. We all will take some lumps and give some and particularly in sports there are ebbs and flows.

Enjoy the team and support them but do not get so caught up as it changes your mood to be to glum or too high for that matter. No one posting on this board will have anything change in your life if "your" team wins or loses.

Only a professinal player can make that statement or have those actual events.

I think Servite footbal will not have a great year for wins but will still play and make surprises.
"Get In The Mix"

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Servite is going to get smoked this week. However, the defense actually looks pretty decent. Dare I say the defense may be better than it was the past few years...which it is. As weird as it sounds, if they keep it up they may actually be able to slow down some of the offensive juggernaughts upcoming on their schedule and maybe even compete with some of the Trinity league teams. I think OLu is going to give them problems with their running game but I think they will slow down the pass. Servite puts lots of pressure and actually blitzing a lot this year which tends to disrupt passing games.

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 pm

FriarJoe wrote:Servite is going to get smoked this week. However, the defense actually looks pretty decent. Dare I say the defense may be better than it was the past few years...which it is. As weird as it sounds, if they keep it up they may actually be able to slow down some of the offensive juggernaughts upcoming on their schedule and maybe even compete with some of the Trinity league teams. I think OLu is going to give them problems with their running game but I think they will slow down the pass. Servite puts lots of pressure and actually blitzing a lot this year which tends to disrupt passing games.
For their lack of size the defense is very good. However, I don't think they are as good as the last few years. They are going to get dominated by SJB and SM. The size advantage is far too great to overcome. I haven't seen MD this year, but I expect the same from them.

ocfootballfan

Post by ocfootballfan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:15 pm

FriarJoe wrote:Servite is going to get smoked this week. However, the defense actually looks pretty decent. Dare I say the defense may be better than it was the past few years...which it is. As weird as it sounds, if they keep it up they may actually be able to slow down some of the offensive juggernaughts upcoming on their schedule and maybe even compete with some of the Trinity league teams. I think OLu is going to give them problems with their running game but I think they will slow down the pass. Servite puts lots of pressure and actually blitzing a lot this year which tends to disrupt passing games.

So are you saying that Servite has a better chance of stopping MD than Olu (offenses) this year?

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:15 pm

I am saying that if a team is pass happy, then Servite may be able to disrupt them with pressure and blitzing. Thomas is doing a good job on defense with the personnel that he has. The DBs aren't bad and combined with the pressure they put on the QB, the passing game will be slowed down unless it involves very quick passes. Just look at the film from the Rancho and Edison games...those teams didn't do anything except a few big plays. However, if a team is beefy up front and decides to pound the rock between the tackles and supplement it with play action passing then they will tear up the small Friar defense. The Friars have good team speed on defense..the issue is that they have the size of a frosh/soph team.

ringer

Post by ringer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm completely rooting for Servite in this game. Who on this board wouldn't, except for true Servite haters? A good showing by Servite would make (in ascending order) the Edison victory, the Trinity League, the Pac5, the SS, and CA ball all look better.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:27 pm

ringer wrote:I'm completely rooting for Servite in this game. Who on this board wouldn't, except for true Servite haters? A good showing by Servite would make (in ascending order) the Edison victory, the Trinity League, the Pac5, the SS, and CA ball all look better.
I'm not but it's because I am a fan of Bishop Gorman.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 pm

liar liar pants on fire [-X

templar83

Post by templar83 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Notorious wrote: I'm not but it's because I am a fan of Bishop Gorman.
You too? Have always liked the Gaels.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Is a Gael similar to a Griffin?
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:49 pm

rvoltes5 wrote:Is a Gael similar to a Griffin?
A Gael is an Irishman.