So has Servite..

pattywannamack

So has Servite..

Post by pattywannamack » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:22 am

Punched anyone in the mouth yet?

Edac, I await your thoughts.

:mrgreen:
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

FriarJoe

Re: So has Servite..

Post by FriarJoe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:05 am

Yes...the offensive coordinator and since then they have scored a grand total of zero points in 8 quarters of football.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:14 am

pattywannamack wrote:Punched anyone in the mouth yet?

Edac, I await your thoughts.

:mrgreen:
After 7 straight Trinity League Championships Servite was due for a down year. Still a great school and football program. It won't take Coach Thomas long to get them back to the top.

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:34 am

After speaking with Servite coaches, it is clear that they are throwing in the towel on this Season. Way to go Servite.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:53 pm

GHOGH wrote:After speaking with Servite coaches, it is clear that they are throwing in the towel on this Season. Way to go Servite.
Which coaches did you talk to?

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:11 pm

THETRUTH wrote:
Which coaches did you talk to?
3 of them all they seem to say is wait till next year.

UHWarrior

Post by UHWarrior » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

GHOGH wrote:After speaking with Servite coaches, it is clear that they are throwing in the towel on this Season. Way to go Servite.
Throwing in the towel? Isn't that a little premature? League play hasn't even started yet. Servite has some work to do, but you never know. They have a great chance to play "out of the box" mix up personnel, use different offense and defensive schemes that they normally don't run. When you have a young team, with low expectations you can do some really fun things and no one can say your aren't trying. Right now I can see the Friars being the underdogs to SM, MD, OLU, and SJB, and the way JSerra's playing it could be a toss up.

Peace.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 am

GHOGH wrote: 3 of them all they seem to say is wait till next year.
Again, which three coaches did you talk to?

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 am

THETRUTH wrote:
Again, which three coaches did you talk to?
I think one of them was Troy Thomas.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 am

pattywannamack wrote:
I think one of them was Troy Thomas.
You think, but, you do not know and yet you comment that the head coach of a team made those comments, pretty low class Patty, not your "MO" in most cases.

I am not sure how saying next year will be better has anything to do with giving up, but, I do not see where playing youger kids means anything besides playing youger kids either. What makes a team better is working hard.

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:30 am

THETRUTH wrote:
You think, but, you do not know and yet you comment that the head coach of a team made those comments, pretty low class Patty, not your "MO" in most cases.

I am not sure how saying next year will be better has anything to do with giving up, but, I do not see where playing youger kids means anything besides playing youger kids either. What makes a team better is working hard.
When you stop giving your team a chance to win , that is throwing in the towel. Im not one to name drop. but Servites Coaching staff has there head up there A$$E. Play calling is so A$$ backwards, that we we are trying make plays with the wrong kids. 90 yards of total offense is BS. For those of you who watched it they only have one playmaker and that is Moore. When you have 67 of those 90 yards commmon sense would be to get that player involved more not shy away. But hey i guess they will keep changing there personal and game plan before kickoff and not run any plays you practice all week instead throw as many passes as possible and see how far that takes us.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 am

How did it go so bad so fast? I haven't seen such an anemic offense from servite in years. There is enough talent there to put some points on the board. The qb under center with the rb 6 inches behind him has been a disaster. I have hated since the first game I saw it.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:43 am

FriarJoe wrote:How did it go so bad so fast? I haven't seen such an anemic offense from servite in years. There is enough talent there to put some points on the board. The qb under center with the rb 6 inches behind him has been a disaster. I have hated since the first game I saw it.
Need Eteaki and Moore in the backfield at the same time with QB in the shotgun so that position can become a running threat via the spread option (watch what UCLA is running right now). Take one of the soph WR's off the field. I would also make the switch at QB. Play the sophmore and improve your WR corp by putting Pau'u out there.

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 am

edac25 wrote: Need Eteaki and Moore in the backfield at the same time with QB in the shotgun so that position can become a running threat via the spread option (watch what UCLA is running right now). Take one of the soph WR's off the field. I would also make the switch at QB. Play the sophmore and improve your WR corp by putting Pau'u out there.
All that makes complete since but Servite fails to see it that way, they would rather run right up the middle over and over again. One day they will try running outside with either running back.. When you keep running the same plays over and over and they arent working TRY SOMETHING ELSE. Its a shame they dont run Moore more often when he is averaging 5 yards give him the ball no matter how the line plays last time i checked 5 yards averages were good. Play anyone that can get us yards in the right direction we need ball control no more 3 and out drives . WE ARE PASSING WAYYYY TOOO MUCH.

number9

Post by number9 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:30 am

GHOGH wrote: All that makes complete since but Servite fails to see it that way, they would rather run right up the middle over and over again. One day they will try running outside with either running back.. When you keep running the same plays over and over and they arent working TRY SOMETHING ELSE. Its a shame they dont run Moore more often when he is averaging 5 yards give him the ball no matter how the line plays last time i checked 5 yards averages were good. Play anyone that can get us yards in the right direction we need ball control no more 3 and out drives . WE ARE PASSING WAYYYY TOOO MUCH.
I am not a fan of Servite so I will look at this objectionably. Has anyone thought maybe they aren't giving the ball to Moore more because they want him to survive until league, because it is kind of obvious they have no one else left after him. IMO the cupboard is pretty bare and they are just trying to get the kids ready for league while trying to have the only real weapon they have healthy for league. I don't know if it will work out for them but if they do make the playoffs then maybe the preseason record doesn't matter after all. I don't like TT and I don't really like Servite so hopefully the get their a** handed to them in league because it is what they deserve. So I agree with everyone else use up moore now so he can't play in a couple of weeks.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 am

Let's keep in mind that this is a very young team. Most of the game last week they were playing with the following on offense:

3 Seniors (all on the O-Line)
2 Juniors
5 Sophmores
1 Freshman

I have NEVER seen such a young starting unit at Servite. NEVER. Yes the scheme IMO sucks and yes Eteaki and Moore NEED more touches but let's also remember it's a young and inexperienced group of kids out there. They'll get better.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 am

GHOGH wrote:
When you stop giving your team a chance to win , that is throwing in the towel. Im not one to name drop. but Servites Coaching staff has there head up there A$$E. Play calling is so A$$ backwards, that we we are trying make plays with the wrong kids. 90 yards of total offense is BS. For those of you who watched it they only have one playmaker and that is Moore. When you have 67 of those 90 yards commmon sense would be to get that player involved more not shy away. But hey i guess they will keep changing there personal and game plan before kickoff and not run any plays you practice all week instead throw as many passes as possible and see how far that takes us.
I do not care about your feelings on the offense or defense, that is your opinion and you are free to make it. One of the individuals the coaches answer to knows more about football and coaching than you. What is rude is the fact you are trying to tell us something that was never said to you. Once again, who were the coaches who made any statement about giving up this year?

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am

THETRUTH wrote:

Are you really that sensitive? Don't get so butthurt over a joke, Jesus.

Patty was obviously making a joke, in fact this whole thread started out as a joke before Servite fans took it too seriously.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am

THETRUTH wrote:
I do not care about your feelings on the offense or defense, that is your opinion and you are free to make it. One of the individuals the coaches answer to knows more about football and coaching than you. What is rude is the fact you are trying to tell us something that was never said to you. Once again, who were the coaches who made any statement about giving up this year?

Just calling it like I see it, and hearing it. The action by the staff speaks for it self. Just high school football not rocket science , no need to make anything up on this board. I just hope Servite isnt looking to far into the future and space on this season at hand.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 am

Is Eteaki (#2) hurt? If not, come league, he AND Moore better be on the offensive side of the ball at the same time. If they are both healthy and not playing, then you know Thomas is playing for the future.