No. 7 Mater Dei vs. No. 2 Narbonne

edac25

Re: No. 7 Mater Dei vs. No. 2 Narbonne

Post by edac25 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
Same mediocre Edison team that shut out Servite? :shrug:
Yes that same mediocre Edison team. In case you haven't noticed, Servite isn't very good this year. The Edison teams of the not so distant past would have beaten the Friars by 28+ this season. A 6 point W over Servite this year is not saying much. If you knew ANYTHING about this game you would know that. You obviously have zero clue.

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:14 am

edac25 wrote: Yes that same mediocre Edison team. In case you haven't noticed, Servite isn't very good this year. The Edison teams of the not so distant past would have beaten the Friars by 28+ this season. A 6 point W over Servite this year is not saying much. If you knew ANYTHING about this game you would know that. You obviously have zero clue.
No need to get personal. You had no issue rubbing it in MD fan faces the past few years. Why don't you show a little class and accept a bit of ribbing with some charm. Or are you not even capable of doing that?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Sports Junkie

Post by Sports Junkie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 am

edac25 wrote:IMO the first REAL test for this Mater Dei Football team. The first 3 games on the Monarchs schedule this year were an absolute joke against horrible football teams. They might as well have scheduled to play against their own JV team. A close game against what I consider an extremely mediocre Edison team does not bode well for MD. Narbonne seems to be the real deal. A victory or a close defeat vs the Gauchos would IMO bring credibility to Rollo's squad. We shall see...wish I were there tonight to watch this one live. Let's go Narbonne!
Mater Dei does have a JV team on their schedule. That game is on Nov 2 at Angel Stadium.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:23 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:Why don't you show a little class . . .
You're joking, right? Eddie showing a little class is about as likely as Jeffrey Dahmer buying a vegan cookbook.

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:24 am

MDDad wrote: You're joking, right? Eddie showing a little class is about as likely as Jeffrey Dahmer buying a vegan cookbook.
Call me an optimist. :shrug:
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 am

'lil edac aka "eddie munster" is just so bitter his Washington Generals have decided to "mail it in" this season!! LOL!! :mrgreen:

Luca

Post by Luca » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm going to make an exception to my "football-only observations" policy to ask:

Do you avoid substantive comments on HS FB because you recognize that you have no insight to add, or is it because you do have insight but cannot express it clearly?......Luca

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Luca wrote:I'm going to make an exception to my "football-only observations" policy to ask:

Do you avoid substantive comments on HS FB because you recognize that you have no insight to add, or is it because you do have insight but cannot express it clearly?......Luca
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Exocet 98 wrote:'lil edac aka "eddie munster" is just so bitter his Washington Generals have decided to "mail it in" this season!! LOL!! :mrgreen:
Beat the Generals..... then talk.

Red

Post by Red » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 pm

18 - 17 Narbonne. Md over 300 yards Narbonne 200 yard. Narbonne had 21 yards rushing. TOP - MD 33 Narbonee 15. Could have gone both ways. Narbonne is lucky to have an easy road in the City. A couple of correctable mistakes for the young Monarchs. MD handled them physically. Now on to league.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Close game, I am hearing the best team on the field was MD, 1 point diff, tough loss but good measure. It has been my expectation that MD would be a very good team w/Rollo and Money bringing them to a high level. Trinity will be tough again this year and the MD SM game going to be chains. Olu and Bosco will they test the Big Dogs this year?

That easy schedule and being a City Section team will give the Gauchos a reginonal play off game unless the team bus goes off bridge. At least another Top team will get a shot at them in that game.

Good Game Monarchs it will make you even better and if you see them again the odds are now in your favor.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm

This game could have went either way. The MD defense played very well except for a couple of long plays shut down the vaulted Narbonne offense. The MD offense played decent, don't get me wrong, the MD starting QB is
good but does it seem the MD offense runs a little smoother when the backup QB is In?

I wasn't the only one in the stands noticing this, even people from other schools other then MD & Narbonne said
this in passing in conversation. On a side note ask MD coaches if special teams play is important. I'm
betting they might spend a little more time on this in practice for the rest of the season.

All in all, this year's MD team seems to be progressing just fine.