Bosco, overcoming Jordan and the refs

BoscoWillBeBack

Bosco, overcoming Jordan and the refs

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Bosco is winning 14-7, but these refs are very biased...

FallStar

Re: Bosco, overcoming Jordan and the refs

Post by FallStar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Well, in their defense, Bosco was one of the dirtiest teams I've seen. Late hits, cheap shots, and way too much crap talking. If they are getting called for that stuff, it is probably well deserved. With that said, if Bosco just keeps it simple they should run away with this thing.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Touchdown Jordan... c'mon BOSCO!

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Helmet to helmet call. Just missed it, what did you think?

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Seems fair. Bosco was flagged for the same penalty awhile ago.

Just chuckling a little about how the announcers are bashing the refs about that call along with the crowd booing. Very biased IMO. Poor Bosco...

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:03 pm

calitechno wrote:Seems fair. Bosco was flagged for the same penalty awhile ago.

Just chuckling a little about how the announcers are bashing the refs about that call along with the crowd booing. Very biased IMO. Poor Bosco...
The announcers are very biased. To be expected, I guess.

ringer

Post by ringer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:05 pm

So how did the game turn out? (It had to hot out there today.)

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Usually I see Bosco offense/defense swarming and hustling. Now, they just seem tired and loathsome. You think the bye week and forfeits might have affected them?

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:09 pm

calitechno wrote:Usually I see Bosco offense/defense swarming and hustling. Now, they just seem tired and loathsome. You think the bye week and forfeits might have affected them?
Probably. The team I saw hold Loyola to one first down is nowhere to be found. They should be crushing this Jordan.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Bosco NEEDS to step it up.

The entire staff for Jordan was talking about how bad and crucial this victory was for the state of Utah. It puts them on the map for HS football.

I trust that coach Negro will get the boys pumped and going.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:25 pm

FallStar wrote:Helmet to helmet call. Just missed it, what did you think?
BS call. BTW, how much did they pay to play at that stadium? The producer should learn his job. The accouncers are talking through the commericals. Is that Jim Plunkett?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 pm

The calls have been bad but overall fair. I have never seen high school refs use the targeting or helmet to helmet rule so much. High school refs are high school refs for a reason, putting that call in their hands can be bad. And, these refs have abused it in this game so far.

However, they have made bad calls both ways.

Bosco looks like they have the better speed, but Jordan certainly passes the eye test. very good looking Oline and while the QB hasnt lived up to the hype yet, they are grinding out yards on the ground.

2nd half will be interesting. I think the score favors Jordan. At home and they are grinding it out on the ground. Bosco defense looked tired in the first half, so, unless they can put up some points in the 2nd half I expect Jordan to grind it out and play on their defense looking sluggish.

Bosco needs to run the ball more though and not hit the panic button just because he game is tied. They are getting yards on the ground but seem to be looking for the big play.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:30 pm

The QB for Jordan, Kafentzis has the same last name as a recent transfer to Santa Margarita. Any relation?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm

AND THE BRAVES WIN!!!!! WOW!!!!!! WHAT A FINISH!

Jordan is the real deal, good job Bosco!

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:59 pm

It had to do with the altitude. My son said he was gasping for air during warmups. I even felt it carrying my luggage around. The kids did not look the same playing....u could tell they were Feeling it. Penalties were very biased towards the visitor. That Jordan team had a 50+ rating on calpreps. They are rated higher than Servite, olu and j Serra per those rankings. They were very good and playing in their super
bowl. Bosco boys battled. A great test before league.......

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:It had to do with the altitude. My son said he was gasping for air during warmups. I even felt it carrying my luggage around. The kids did not look the same playing....u could tell they were Feeling it. Penalties were very biased towards the visitor. That Jordan team had a 50+ rating on calpreps. They are rated higher than Servite, olu and j Serra per those rankings. They were very good and playing in their super
bowl. Bosco boys battled. A great test before league.......
Wow, and St.Bosco is definitely not used to traveling either...Overcoming the heat, the altitude, hostile environment, traveling, the worst referees I've ever seen and a good football team? Really impressed with the braves. Tell your son that was an extremely impressive victory over adversity.

Don Bosco Prep, the American HS football juggernaut is crushing Alta 31-0. Seems the altitude is not effecting them as much. Of course, they do travel and beat teams all across America. Throttling De La Salle twice and crushing Misson Viejo.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:05 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:I even felt it carrying my luggage around.
That's from you being fat and out of shape and nothing to do with the altitude.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Notorious wrote: That's from you being fat and out of shape and nothing to do with the altitude.
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I LITERALLY FELL OFF MY CHAIR..

TrinityLFB

Post by TrinityLFB » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Hahaha, pretty funny.

The Dline did seemed gassed early though and seemed to get acclimated as the game went on.

The refs were really not that bad. You are biased clearly if that is the worst ref game you have seen. Or, you clearly don't watch much football.

The refs made a lot of bad calls, but I wouldn't say they were that much in the favor of Jordan.

They did stall a lot of Bosco drives and clearly Bosco was the more explosive team, but, that game was about Bosco mistakes, not bad refs.

Just look at the offensive numbers which were great, a clearly it was the turnovers that kept that game close. Rose played a good game for a sophomore, but giving up the ball after positive runs each time were a killer. They could have pulled away, but they allowed Jordan to battle and get points off turnovers.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 am

calitechno wrote:
Wow, and St.Bosco is definitely not used to traveling either...Overcoming the heat, the altitude, hostile environment, traveling, the worst referees I've ever seen and a good football team? Really impressed with the braves. Tell your son that was an extremely impressive victory over adversity.

Don Bosco Prep, the American HS football juggernaut is crushing Alta 31-0. Seems the altitude is not effecting them as much. Of course, they do travel and beat teams all across America. Throttling De La Salle twice and crushing Misson Viejo.
And that's also from them having an all-star team that recruits from all over the area. The altitude doesn't affect the best athletes.