New HC at FV?

LMNOP

New HC at FV?

Post by LMNOP »

cruiser

Re: New HC at FV?

Post by cruiser »

This position (if the school wants to be a winner) has JSerra's Hartigan name all over it! He would get
good players that would normally go to Edison, etc
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Just like he gets players to go to JSerra and contend for playoffs right?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Notorious wrote:Just like he gets players to go to JSerra and contend for playoffs right?
Well, just like the players that beat your team, 41-6!! - last week!
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

It's not my team, I have no connection to the team, I am simply a fan of where I played.

His teams have won 3 league games in what 4-5 years? He isn't what he used to be anymore.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Old School

Post by Old School »

JSerra Coach would be taking a pay cut...to come to FVHS.

The good news is HBUSD is pretty solvent, so if they want to they can hire from the outside, now will there be the will from the school Admin and District...My guess is it will stay within the district for the following reason and to avoid controversy.

The Teachers union has a deal with the district to open the position up internally with in the district first and if no one with merit applies they can go outside. This is why Pascoe was hired at Marina and and couple other applied a few years ago.

Coach Lo, got his job the same way..was promoted from Groscott's staff. The problem is not too many young teacher/coaches have been hired lately so the pool is not as good as one would hope. I would not be surprised if Coach Brown from HB might apply (the OC) , and I think existing staff at FV will make a run for the job.
I doubt anyone for Edy and Marina...
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...
Johnny Bravo

Post by Johnny Bravo »

cruiser wrote:This position (if the school wants to be a winner) has JSerra's Hartigan name all over it! He would get
good players that would normally go to Edison, etc
On what do you base your assumption that Hartigan, if at FV, could lure kids away from Edison?
Bick

Post by Bick »

Ray Fenton would be a great hire - assuming he could be lured away from Webb - either at FV or St. Paul.
saddle

Post by saddle »

Bick wrote:Ray Fenton would be a great hire - assuming he could be lured away from Webb - either at FV or St. Paul.
Yes Bick, I do agree with you on this one... Ray Fenton is a great hire at any school.
Mr. Grady

Post by Mr. Grady »

Jim Hartigan is not going to FV unless he was unemployed. Voluntarily going to D-VI - and a pay cut to boot? I don't think so.