Bigbear

Re: CIF Championship Game: Mater Dei VS. Poly

Post by Bigbear » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Uh oh... it's starting to rain.

Edit: looks like it held off for now.

mdmagic32

Post by mdmagic32 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 pm

so far mds kicking game has been costing them. first an onside kick to start the game, but i dont know where he was going with it. then after another kickoff trying to avoid the deep man md kicks it off about 20 yards and poly makes a nice return. then after a 3 and out to start the second half, md kicks a 5 yard punt to thier own 30. thankfully on third down poly botched the snap for a loss of about 15 taking them out of fg range. rain starting to come down now

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Camera just did a close up on Rollo.. anyone else see the vein on his left temple? It looks like it's getting ready to explode

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Gotta be frustrating. That Poly defense is nasty.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Duarate hitting the concrete had to of hurt

mdmagic32

Post by mdmagic32 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:01 pm

yeah that was a scary play. if he had hit it from a different angle it could of been a very serious injury. he is going all out. ever since chase got hit and coughed up the all he seems to be pressing a bit more, and not nearly as confident. md defense is playing well this half as well, but md just cant move the ball

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

The fat lady is clearing her throat !! How bout that RED?? '98 was so so very long ago!!! LOL!! :mrgreen:

mdmagic32

Post by mdmagic32 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:09 pm

i dont know where chase was throwing the ball on the last pick. as i said he may be pressing a bit. just not md;s night. poly playing very well on defense especially.

AllGasNoBrakes

Post by AllGasNoBrakes » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Notorious wrote:Poly 33 MD 14.
This!

Buck

Post by Buck » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Poly was just too big, and physical, not to mention too fast for MD. They dominated the LOS, lined up in the Wildcat and imposed their will.

Maybe next yr for MD, perhaps all those Freshmen Trinity League Titles will start paying dividends next yr.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Does the guy presenting the awards really talk like that? He sounds like Theodore the Chipmunk.. Maybe they just need to turn the treble down

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I hope Edac now considers me one of the greatest football minds on this board.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Poly wanted this game more, pure and simple, MD looked half asleep in the first quarter, again, the
MD special team play was horrific this game as it has been in many games this year, what gives; MD
is actually lucky to be in this game and finally believe it or not the Poly staff out coached the MD staff
in this game, yes; hard to believe but true! Poly had locked down D, no MD running game whatsoever.

On a side note, on one play MD only had 10 men of defense and no one from the MD staff caught it, luckily
MD stopped the play anyhow, why does MD need 3-4 assistant coaches plus the HC in time out huddles?
The MD secondary was burned bad in this game, not usually the case, whats up?

..in any case, a good year for MD. The regional games should be interesting.......

TrippMcNeilly

Post by TrippMcNeilly » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 pm

I posted before that in the Santa Margarita game, Mater Dei's defensive linemen played pissed off, and seemed as if they were there to abuse and punish. I didn't see that tenacity and gritt today from the d line. Still a good season, nonetheless, both teams exceeded early season predictions, and hats off to both of them. After Stanton went down I predicted no Trinity teams would be playing in the finals, and of all teams the one I actually support proved me wrong. Congrats MD. I am looking forward to watching Humphreys the next 3 years.

It seems as if possibly the MD-Poly rivalry could come back for a few years. MD's freshman teams have been pretty damn good lately, and their next 3 years should be pretty damn good, if not some of the best teams in the recent MD era. I know a bunch of you little women are going to come on here and tell me that I am wrong for so many reasons with that statement, buts just my opinion on things to come. Of course I can be wrong.

This season both polys freshman and JV teams were undefeated, freshman teams closest game was 14-0 v narbonne. The rest were blow outs. I couldnt find any info on last years freshman team, but I did see they have a football website for poly and saw this

"The freshmen practice with the football program as one, which means we all learn the same plays from freshmen to varsity level"

Pretty interesting. I dig that. They had a roster of their freshman team...some big boys coming up to play for Poly.

Congrats to all teams that played this season. Except for Servite.
I am the devil, and I am here to do the devils work

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:18 am

Well, with the exception of MD, every Trinity team that made it to the PAC 5 championship game won...

Just saying Tripp
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

hated

Post by hated » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 am

Exocet 98 wrote:The fat lady is clearing her throat !! How bout that RED?? '98 was so so very long ago!!! LOL!! :mrgreen:

Wow you come on here with that line after your team got hit by the same truck ? Don't forget your teams biggest moments: 03 and 05- "Hart" games =D> And don't forget 2009 and 2010 against Servite. Just can't get over that Div 1 hump can you ? Lmao

AllGasNoBrakes

Post by AllGasNoBrakes » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:27 am

TrippMcNeilly wrote:I posted before that in the Santa Margarita game, Mater Dei's defensive linemen played pissed off, and seemed as if they were there to abuse and punish. I didn't see that tenacity and gritt today from the d line. Still a good season, nonetheless, both teams exceeded early season predictions, and hats off to both of them. After Stanton went down I predicted no Trinity teams would be playing in the finals, and of all teams the one I actually support proved me wrong. Congrats MD. I am looking forward to watching Humphreys the next 3 years.

It seems as if possibly the MD-Poly rivalry could come back for a few years. MD's freshman teams have been pretty damn good lately, and their next 3 years should be pretty damn good, if not some of the best teams in the recent MD era. I know a bunch of you little women are going to come on here and tell me that I am wrong for so many reasons with that statement, buts just my opinion on things to come. Of course I can be wrong.

This season both polys freshman and JV teams were undefeated, freshman teams closest game was 14-0 v narbonne. The rest were blow outs. I couldnt find any info on last years freshman team, but I did see they have a football website for poly and saw this

"The freshmen practice with the football program as one, which means we all learn the same plays from freshmen to varsity level"

Pretty interesting. I dig that. They had a roster of their freshman team...some big boys coming up to play for Poly.

Congrats to all teams that played this season. Except for Servite.
I dont think MD defense came out flat. I think Poly O made them flat. MD's defensive gameplan was to load the box and stop the run and see if the QB can make plays. Poly didnt care, they loaded up their front using the wildcat and punched MD's defense in the mouth. Poly imposed their will to start the game using power sets and power runs... no misdirection, no trickeration, just pure hardnose football.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 am

Poly was the better team last night...Congrats Jack Rabbits

Hold your heads up high Monarchs...You far exceeded everyone's expectations...Only obtuse jackholes would take joy in down talking a team who loses in a such a game...Looking forward to next year

Onward to Basketball :thumbsup:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

UHWarrior

Post by UHWarrior » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 am

This Poly team is a far cry from the team that was 1-3 at the beginning of the year. Thank the LBP coaching staff for that. Rollinson was outcoached by Lara as predicted. I was surprised how the Jackrabbits manhandled the Monarchs. Honestly, MD was never in it. The score should have been closer but LBP was just outstanding and played inspired ball.

MD coming out flat the first QTR... really? This is the CIF PAC-5 Championship! It doesn't get any bigger than this in the Southland. If your team comes out flat? Thank the coaching staff for that. I think that LBP made them "flat".

luvthegame

Post by luvthegame » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 am

It kind of makes you wonder about the hellacious schedule the trinity teams play and the long season when you include playoffs. Football is year around. It is very tough to stay healthy, maintain weight, and get up for every game. You really don't see many teams running the table these days. Maybe Poly has figured something out....

LTG