CIF Championship Game: Mater Dei VS. Poly

THETRUTH

Re: CIF Championship Game: Mater Dei VS. Poly

Post by THETRUTH » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Ramon wrote:Poly was the better team last night...Congrats Jack Rabbits

Hold your heads up high Monarchs...You far exceeded everyone's expectations...Only obtuse jackholes would take joy in down talking a team who loses in a such a game...Looking forward to next year

Onward to Basketball :thumbsup:

I agree with you, any team that makes the finals should hold their heads up high, that is why I still think all the "jackholes" that bagged on Servite for making the State Bowl game and losing to DLS were idiots!

UHWarrior

Post by UHWarrior » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm

There is no doubt that Mater Dei should be congratulated on an outstanding year by anyone's standards. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for them? They should be the top contender next year. They were great.

The thing that disappointed me the most about the Monarchs was last nights game, they were just outplayed, especially on the LOS. Like I said I was amazed that LBP controlled the LOS the entire game, no one had done that all year against the Monarchs. The MD LOS outplayed St. Bonny, Alemany, SM, aruably even Narbonne all of which have big physical talented lines. Was LBP that good last night, or MD not prepared to fight in trenches? I think it was a little of both. Maybe, MD was still hung-over by upsetting St. Bonny the week before at the Seraph's home field. The MD defense shuts down St. Bonny yet gives up 35 points to the Jackrabbits? What happened? Mental breakdowns? I think this loss can be layed at the feet of the MD coaching staff, MD was ill prepared and they looked it. Runner-up just means your the first loser.

But they still had a great year.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm

hated wrote:
Wow you come on here with that line after your team got hit by the same truck ? Don't forget your teams biggest moments: 03 and 05- "Hart" games =D> And don't forget 2009 and 2010 against Servite. Just can't get over that Div 1 hump can you ? Lmao
Call me when your school beats DLS back to back. You are dismissed!! LOL!! :mrgreen:

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:22 pm

UHWarrior wrote:There is no doubt that Mater Dei should be congratulated on an outstanding year by anyone's standards. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for them? They should be the top contender next year. They were great.

The thing that disappointed me the most about the Monarchs was last nights game, they were just outplayed, especially on the LOS. Like I said I was amazed that LBP controlled the LOS the entire game, no one had done that all year against the Monarchs. The MD LOS outplayed St. Bonny, Alemany, SM, aruably even Narbonne all of which have big physical talented lines. Was LBP that good last night, or MD not prepared to fight in trenches? I think it was a little of both. Maybe, MD was still hung-over by upsetting St. Bonny the week before at the Seraph's home field. The MD defense shuts down St. Bonny yet gives up 35 points to the Jackrabbits? What happened? Mental breakdowns? I think this loss can be layed at the feet of the MD coaching staff, MD was ill prepared and they looked it. Runner-up just means your the first loser.

But they still had a great year.

Mater Dei just got outplayed. It wasn't being out-coached, it wasn't ill-prepared, it wasn't a hung-over from last week. Poly was quicker, faster and played a great game. Mater Dei had their chances on offense. They didn't capitalize. MD moved the ball between the 20's but once they got inside the 20, Poly tighten up. They shut-down the MD offense, making their run game non-existent making them able to D-up on the pass. The corner #21 David Price on Duarte was physical all night long. Duarte caught most of his balls against zone coverage. I believe the lone ball caught one on man coverage, the deep ball where he had to adjust making the finger tip catch.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Poly was the first team to shut down the running game. MD didn't have a good running back...they
had serviceable runners who kept the defense honest but this was the major deficit of the team. Coley
was their better runner but he got hurt and that was it. But I have to give credit to Poly's defensive line
they didn't give ANY running lanes for the backs and so all they had to do was sit back and rush the QB.
Even with that MD had their chances but couldn't cash in and score! I congratulate the Monarch Coaching
staff and the players for the season they had and I look forward to next year. They have a great group
of returners and a QB that will be highly recruited.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Congratulations LB Poly on the Pac5 Title. Textbook Smashmouth Football....Punch You in the Mouth Football Clinic at the Big A last night. Thank you Poly for making my weekend that much better.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

mdmagic32

Post by mdmagic32 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 am

If seeing a bunch of 16-18 year old kids lose in a football game makes your weekend , I feel sad for you.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:10 am

longtimeobserver wrote:Poly was the first team to shut down the running game. MD didn't have a good running back...they
had serviceable runners who kept the defense honest but this was the major deficit of the team. Coley
was their better runner but he got hurt and that was it. But I have to give credit to Poly's defensive line
they didn't give ANY running lanes for the backs and so all they had to do was sit back and rush the QB.
Even with that MD had their chances but couldn't cash in and score! I congratulate the Monarch Coaching
staff and the players for the season they had and I look forward to next year. They have a great group
of returners and a QB that will be highly recruited.
Besides the first play of the game against Bosco, we shut down the MD run game all night. Did you forget about that game?

edac25

Post by edac25 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 am

mdmagic32 wrote:If seeing a bunch of 16-18 year old kids lose in a football game makes your weekend , I feel sad for you.
At least you can hang another Freshman Football League Championship banner in your gym. A title is a title right?

When Raul Lara is outcoaching you, it might be time to step aside. Just sayin....

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:24 am

Exocet 98 wrote:
Call me when your school beats DLS back to back. You are dismissed!! LOL!! :mrgreen:
By a combined twelve points against the two best DLS teams Lad's had there.....

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 am

edac25 wrote:When Raul Lara is outcoaching you, it might be time to step aside. Just sayin....
When Steve Hagerty, Tony Sanchez, Dave White, Harry Welch, Chuck Petersen, Jason Negro and Bruce Rollinson all outcoach you in the same year, is it also time to step aside?

The circus left town four weeks ago. Did you miss the train?

Just sayin'.

bubba35

Post by bubba35 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 am

TrippMcNeilly, if you think their Freshman team is big, take a look at their JV team. DANG!

kingspeed

Post by kingspeed » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 pm

EDAC, I know you are likely are just trying to push a thorn but...

MD does not hang league banners. Only CIF or State Titles and it is over 60. Now the Servite gym does hang league titles including those tough Golden West titles. :)

C'mon Bro
"Get In The Mix"

mdmagic32

Post by mdmagic32 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm

edac25 wrote: At least you can hang another Freshman Football League Championship banner in your gym. A title is a title right?

When Raul Lara is outcoaching you, it might be time to step aside. Just sayin....

a response that doesnt deal with your own insecurities, and then moves on to blatant lies. good times edac. were you wearing the st bonaventure gear on sat trying to avenge the loss, or did you move on to poly gear

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm

edac25 wrote:When Raul Lara is outcoaching you, it might be time to step aside. Just sayin....
Bruce Rollinson
2011 Mater Dei (4-6) Didn't make playoffs for the first time in 20 years...Vowed to be practicing on Thanksgiving the next year.
2012 Mater Dei (11-4) Not only did he keep his vow...Mater Dei made it to the CIF Pac5 Championship by beating #1 St. Bonny's with a sad clown in the stands.

Troy Thomas
2011 Servite (10-2) Taken out of the Pac5 playoffs in the 2nd round by a (8-5) Tesoro squad.
2012 Servite (3-7) Lost to EVERYONE except Rancho Cucamonga, St. Paul & JSerra...Fired it's OC 2 games into the season...Eteaki with a full ride to Utah, and TT has him on the bench? He then replaces him with someone with no size or speed?

Hate to rain on your payaso...But Rollo in 2 years changed the direction and focus of his program and returned it as a contender in the Pac5...In the same 2 years TT has managed to take the "Premiere Football Program in Orange County" and turn it into a disaster...You can spin, re-deflect and try to put lipstick on this pig...But if anyone needs to be shown the door...It's not Coach Rollinson...Your kids at Servite deserve better...
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

edac25 wrote:At least you can hang another Freshman Football League Championship banner in your gym. A title is a title right?
ImageImage
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:06 pm

OUCH!

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Basketball? Gross.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Just trying to prove a point to el payso triste...

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Ramon wrote:Just trying to prove a point to el payso triste...
Point proven. Although those white banners hanging on the walls do have some stuff on them. I think there's a basketball banner from like 1992. And we did beat you guys in 1988. Don't you forget that.