Servite vs. De la Salle

FriarJoe

Servite vs. De la Salle

Post by FriarJoe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Next year in week 1. Heard a rumor. Not sure why but it sounds like the real deal. Anyone confirm?

Haroof

Re: Servite vs. De la Salle

Post by Haroof » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Why would Coach Thomas do that to his team?

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:59 pm

To get better.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Haroof wrote:Why would Coach Thomas do that to his team?
They will be much better next year (couldn't be worse). If they do a two-year deal then Servite will play them with a pretty talented team in a couple years. The only shot you have at beating DLS is to play them early in the year.

Haroof

Post by Haroof » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 pm

joefutbol wrote: The only shot you have at beating DLS is to play them early in the year.
Well I agree 100% with you on this.

By the end of the season, that DLS team is ridiculous.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Haroof wrote:
Well I agree 100% with you on this.

By the end of the season, that DLS team is ridiculous.
Yup. They've lost two games after week five since 1991.

BoscoWillBeBack

Post by BoscoWillBeBack » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

What happened to SJB playing DLS?

edac25

Post by edac25 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Got word today that the following is Servite's non-league schedule (in no particular order):

Edison
La Mirada
Long Beach Poly
Bishop Gorman
De La Salle

Can anyone confirm?? If correct, THAT is a MONSTER schedule. Would be lucky to come out 2-3.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 pm

If true that schedule is too brutal. Prefer not to play Gorman again. This looks like 1 and 4 to me.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 pm

FriarJoe wrote:If true that schedule is too brutal. Prefer not to play Gorman again. This looks like 1 and 4 to me.
Nah.... 2-3 at worst. Servite will beat Edison and La Mirada, and has a shot against Poly early in the season. Obviously too early to say, but we'll be fine next year.

uclatime

Post by uclatime » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 am

How can Servite play better if Thomas is running the offense and defense. Better players are not going to help when your scheme on offense is awful. Remember Thomas fired his OC that got him in two State title games. Servite's new schemes on offense are as bad as it gets.

Well there is some good news for Servite, after talking with some coaches from Tustin Pop Warner it looks like coach Thomas is hiring a Pop Warner coach to run the freshman team. This is the same program that put bounties out on 12 year-old youth football players. Sounds like match for Coach Thomas. =D> =D> =D>

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:38 am

uclatime wrote:How can Servite play better if Thomas is running the offense and defense. Better players are not going to help when your scheme on offense is awful. Remember Thomas fired his OC that got him in two State title games. Servite's new schemes on offense are as bad as it gets.

Well there is some good news for Servite, after talking with some coaches from Tustin Pop Warner it looks like coach Thomas is hiring a Pop Warner coach to run the freshman team. This is the same program that put bounties out on 12 year-old youth football players. Sounds like match for Coach Thomas. =D> =D> =D>
Dont you know TT is all knowing , With all the success he had on offense after firing the OC why wouldnt you schedule these teams. But hey at least the AD was a great coach in the past. Ill be praying for servite football . Lord knows they need it.

Mayhemamoungus

Post by Mayhemamoungus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 am

After seeing that schedule, the slogan for the 2013 Friar football season should be the line from Aexander Pope in his poem, An Essay on Criticism. "fools rush in where angels fear to tread." Coach Thomas of course is staring as the fool in this one for creating that schedule coming off the most miserable season in his tenure at Servite. Maybe he really is going to move on this time and wanted to leave the school an "f'you schedule" on his way out???

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 am

GHOGH wrote: Dont you know TT is all knowing , With all the success he had on offense after firing the OC why wouldnt you schedule these teams. But hey at least the AD was a great coach in the past. Ill be praying for servite football . Lord knows they need it.
I feel sorry for your son with a coward dad like you!

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 am

THETRUTH wrote:
I feel sorry for your son with a coward dad like you!
If you were a real man meet me at the gym, we can get in the ring and see how far your COWARD remark gets you. Coach TT has lost his mind. I still have time to send my kid to MD. What i say on here is the truth, just to bad you have your head stuck so far up TT A$$ you cant see how lost he is I would not doubt it if this is one of the coaches like SCULLY or one of the othe MORONS on the staff. You should feel sorry for every player in servites football program Ps ill even buy you a cold beer after i wake you up in the ring,

Mayhemamoungus

Post by Mayhemamoungus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 am

GHOGH wrote:
If you were a real man meet me at the gym, we can get in the ring and see how far your COWARD remark gets you. Coach TT has lost his mind. I still have time to send my kid to MD. What i say on here is the truth, just to bad you have your head stuck so far up TT A$$ you cant see how lost he is I would not doubt it if this is one of the coaches like SCULLY or one of the othe MORONS on the staff. You should feel sorry for every player in servites football program Ps ill even buy you a cold beer after i wake you up in the ring,
Ghogh speaks the truth...TT is out of control and the rest of you sheep blindly follow.BaaaaBaaaa

inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 am

FriarJoe wrote:If true that schedule is too brutal. Prefer not to play Gorman again. This looks like 1 and 4 to me.
where would the one W come from? if you haven't been paying attention, LM has put together a pretty good program, loaded with D1 prospects. Moschetti picked the right year to say "yes", as Servite hasn't been this soft in a while.
Percussus Resurgo

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am

inflagrantedelicto wrote: where would the one W come from? if you haven't been paying attention, LM has put together a pretty good program, loaded with D1 prospects. Moschetti picked the right year to say "yes", as Servite hasn't been this soft in a while.
Weren't they very senior heavy on defense this year?

They will be big on the line and have a good running back, but they always do.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am

Im not specifically targeting LM as the W. I figure the Friars will manage to win one of those games...probably Poly, LM or Edison. I know LM has built a nice program and is no pushover. Servite didn't schedule La Mirada for an automatic W....they obviously scheduled them because they know LM is tough and apparently loaded with college prospects.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 pm

GHOGH wrote:

Ok, you wnt to get choked out or arm bared? we can go at it, but, that still doesn't mean you are not a coward. You do not want to meet with the AD or the pincipal, yet come online and pop off like a little crybaby. Hmmmmmm, that surely helps your kid. You have every right to dislike the coach and you have every right to complain about him, but, how about doing it where your kid can be helped, not to a bunch of no named people on a forum which is not run by Servite.