Servite's new Football Staff

Lionhunter

Re: Servite's new Football Staff

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Thewatcher wrote:So if O'Connell is moving to the D-Line does that mean Thomas fired 2 OC's in the same year?
I'm not sure if O'Connell ever was OC. One report at the time had Knudsen taking over those duties last year.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

egger727

Post by egger727 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

joefutbol wrote:
My comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I suspect some will transfer out.
The only transfers are the kids that can't make it. Troy is a great coach and knows who can and cannot make it to the top level of performance. They are saying a few to La Habra and Whittier Christian, clearly they choose lesser programs with the hope to play. None of which were key to the future of Servite. And for Knudsen what does it take to prove you can coach, this man has shown year in and out he can win any other coach would be talked about as the next head coach. Please give him a shot.

GHOGH

Post by GHOGH » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 pm

egger727 wrote:
The only transfers are the kids that can't make it. Troy is a great coach and knows who can and cannot make it to the top level of performance. They are saying a few to La Habra and Whittier Christian, clearly they choose lesser programs with the hope to play. None of which were key to the future of Servite. And for Knudsen what does it take to prove you can coach, this man has shown year in and out he can win any other coach would be talked about as the next head coach. Please give him a shot.

LMAO

uclatime

Post by uclatime » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 pm

egger727 wrote:

egger 727 is Knudsen. Who else would would think Knudsen would be a head coach? Does anyone on this board think Knudsen can install the veer never coaching on the varsity level? He is also the O-Line coach. Never coached the O-Line as a Jr. Varsity coach. This looks like a very long yr for ServiteFootball. #-o

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 pm

uclatime wrote: egger 727 is Knudsen. Who else would would think Knudsen would be a head coach? Does anyone on this board think Knudsen can install the veer never coaching on the varsity level? He is also the O-Line coach. Never coached the O-Line as a Jr. Varsity coach. This looks like a very long yr for ServiteFootball. #-o
If egger727 was Knudson, he probably would know how to spell his own last name, don't you think?
Last edited by Lionhunter on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uclatime

Post by uclatime » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

If egger727 was Knudson, he probably would know how to spell his own last name, don't you think?

Maybe thats why Servite Football was 3-7 \:D/

RandyF59

Post by RandyF59 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 am

uclatime wrote:If egger727 was Knudson, he probably would know how to spell his own last name, don't you think?

Maybe thats why Servite Football was 3-7 \:D/
That AND the toughest schedule strength of any team in the CIF SS (MD was a close 2nd 51.9-51.8)

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm

The Friars were 3-7 last year because they had zero talent and a pop warner sized offensive line populated by sophmores and frosh. They will improve this year despite the fact that they have a schedule tougher than the the NFL's AFC East.

I'd rather win rings and suffer through an occassional down year than be Mission Viejo who gets 11-13 wins each year against cupcakes and has zero rings with the big boys to show for it.

Sixth Man

Post by Sixth Man » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:14 pm

FriarJoe wrote: I'd rather win rings and suffer through an occassional down year than be Mission Viejo who gets 11-13 wins each year against cupcakes and has zero rings with the big boys to show for it.
Somebody just got dunked on...

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm

FriarJoe wrote:. . . and a pop warner sized offensive line populated by sophmores and frosh.
That's my recollection as well. And that's why I don't understand some of the posts I've read on this forum talking about the 6'4" and 6'5" and 260 and 270 linemen returning this fall. Either they all doubled in size overnight or they all got replaced, neither of which is very likely. Does anybody know the real story?

uclatime

Post by uclatime » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Hey Friar Joe

How can the Friars improve with that Offense staff? Tell me who is going to teach the veer off to the returning players? Ask the players about their new OC, its a joke.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

MDDad wrote: That's my recollection as well. And that's why I don't understand some of the posts I've read on this forum talking about the 6'4" and 6'5" and 260 and 270 linemen returning this fall. Either they all doubled in size overnight or they all got replaced, neither of which is very likely. Does anybody know the real story?
Their three best lineman (two sophs and a freshman) are all 6'3 or taller, they just weren't very big last year. They still have eight months to pack on the weight, so realistically they may be about that size next year. That's still not all that big for a Pac 5 line, though.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm

So...How many of these will be retained, and/or be shuffled around?

Knudsen is OC and O-Line coach.
Mykeal Terry (Santa Ana College) is receivers coach.
Former Texas Tech QB Scott Jones is QB coach.
Ivory Sully (NFL) is running backs coach.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, Gass knows defense so he would be on the defensive side and just get back the old OC and let him do his thing.

That would be my guess.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

Credointheworks

Post by Credointheworks » Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 am

I've heard through the grapvine that Kundson is out as the OC and they are bringing in an outsider to run the offense. I'm a little conerned with a lack of information on the school web site about the new assitant coaches as well as info on Spring Ball.

ventura

Post by ventura » Fri May 03, 2013 9:58 am

The guy just got hired. Wow. Give him some time.

Sometimes I wonder if a Servite HC has much more outside pressure than the already unreasonable hassles that go with a Pac 5 head coaching position.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 am

I know...people are dying to know who the assistant punting and kicking coach is going to be. That information, in addition to the name of all water boys, should be on the Servite website already! What are they waiting for?????!!! The guy has had the job 5 whole days!!!!

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri May 03, 2013 11:14 am

I agree. The extent to which some posters have an insatiable need to instantly know every bit of minutia regarding the Servite program is very entertaining to some readers who support other programs.

Just announced by NBC as a summer replacement reality series: "The Real Desperate Housewives Of La Palma Avenue" starring some of the usual suspects from the OCConnect forum.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri May 03, 2013 11:20 am

Credointheworks wrote:I've heard through the grapvine that Kundson is out as the OC and they are bringing in an outsider to run the offense. I'm a little conerned with a lack of information on the school web site about the new assitant coaches as well as info on Spring Ball.
Well the OC position was decided upon within the last couple days, so I'd give it a bit before they update the site.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Fri May 03, 2013 11:23 am

MDDad wrote:I agree. The extent to which some posters have an insatiable need to instantly know every bit of minutia regarding the Servite program is very entertaining to some readers who support other programs.

Just announced by NBC as a summer replacement reality series: "The Real Desperate Housewives Of La Palma Avenue" starring some of the usual suspects from the OCConnect forum.

I double agree, but, the real core issue is that to many of the Servite supporters who post on here pretend they are on the team and still in high school.