Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

OGMudBone

Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by OGMudBone » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 am

Numerous meetings have taken place at Servite since the end of the season regarding the future of Troy Thomas. Administration has had over 47 complaints about Troy being too demanding and an overall terrible coach. He goes against the Formation Themes (Big deal at Servite) and as a result, admin. has laid down the hammer. As of this morning, numerous rumors have circulated around Servite that Thomas had gotten fired. Administrators and the Servite community have confirmed his resignation to its students. Majority of the student body rejoiced with the announcement of his resignation. OC Varsity has yet to confirm this, but it's inevitable that they will soon enough.Believe what you will, but Servite knows the truth. What's next for the Friars, and what's next for Thomas?

seeinred

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by seeinred » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 am

Isn't the Crespi job open?

OGMudBone

Post by OGMudBone » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:13 am

Yes it is. OC Varsity has just opened a new blog discussing the topic

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/20 ... pi/273814/

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:17 am

Obviously not confirmed yet BUT one can't help but laugh at the drama that Servite football has had this off season.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

seeinred

Post by seeinred » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am

OGMudBone wrote:Yes it is. OC Varsity has just opened a new blog discussing the topic

http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com/20 ... pi/273814/
I actually thought Thomas would leave Servite when I heard that the Crespi job was open last night... I'm going to the horse track today, I'm making good calls!!!! :rockon:

spaceghostpurrp

Post by spaceghostpurrp » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 am

the preliminary list of replacements from within servite includes:

-thomas caballero
-jeff baldo
-jason fernando
-kieran scott
-brian reagan

many of these names have worked in the servite system and given the hiring of morris as bball coach it would not surprise me if servite went the path of an alumni from inside the program

TheBeefButcher

Post by TheBeefButcher » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:29 am

You and me both brother! :rockon:

ExtraordinaryLurker

Post by ExtraordinaryLurker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 am

New to the board but not to the site. Long time Servite honk and program observer. Napoleon has met his Waterloo!

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 am

Back to being the doormat of the league like the years prior to Coach Thomas. Look for Mater Dei to go on another 20 year run against Servite.

avonbarksdale

Post by avonbarksdale » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 am

Thomas officially out. Confirmed by a source within Servite, likely to Crespi.
He did his job, didn't always agree with his methods, but he brought Servite back. Best of luck Troy, thanks.

Leatherhead

Post by Leatherhead » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 am

ExtraordinaryLurker wrote:New to the board but not to the site. Long time Servite honk and program observer. Napoleon has met his Waterloo!

Amen brother!

Red

Post by Red » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am

Where is lurker82 when we need him?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Leatherhead

Post by Leatherhead » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:47 am

avonbarksdale wrote:Thomas officially out. Confirmed by a source within Servite, likely to Crespi.
He did his job, didn't always agree with his methods, but he brought Servite back. Best of luck Troy, thanks.
You clearly never lived through his reign of terror! He destroyed the players most of whom never wanted to play again. Rarely past players would come back to visit and stand on sidelines! That is what makes Servite "Servite"- the Brotherhood!
Good luck Crespi if true hope he takes his bag pipes with him!

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 am

Rumor has it, it is unofficial but he has been offered the managers job at the Tilted Kilt.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 am

Wow, I knew there were a lot of Servite supporters on this site, but not this many. Geez, where have all of you been?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Grinder

Post by Grinder » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:58 am

BuckW wrote:Back to being the doormat of the league like the years prior to Coach Thomas. Look for Mater Dei to go on another 20 year run against Servite.

That’s what I’m afraid of, but if they hire the right guy, they’ll be fine…maybe better than fine.

avonbarksdale

Post by avonbarksdale » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:59 am

Winning is hard, always has been. There was a method behind Thomas's "terror"; Trinity League Titles, Mater Dei wins, Southern California titles those things aren't easy to come by. Make no mistake, Mater Dei is designed to be the best team in Southern California (location, enrollment size, facilities, commitment to winning), and Troy took them down. I don't think he was finished, he hadn't established Servite as the preeminent force, but... winning is hard, always has been.

"We lost fifty per cent more men than did the enemy, [in the battle of Fredericksburg] and yet there is sense in the awful arithmetic propounded by Mr. Lincoln. He says that if the same battle were to be fought over again, every day, through a week of days, with the same relative results, the army under Lee would be wiped out to its last man, the Army of the Potomac would still be a mighty host, the war would be over, the Confederacy gone, and peace would be won at a smaller cost of life than it will be if the week of lost battles must be dragged out through yet another year of camps and marches, and of deaths in hospitals rather than upon the field. No general yet found can face the arithmetic, but the end of the war will be at hand when he shall be discovered."

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 am

Servite is a very attractive job. Arguably one of the top 5 jobs in socal to have. Great tradition....great support system and alumni and school support. Right now there is a very nice crop of young players. I think they can get a proven commodity and not roll the dice on some alum who doesn't have a track record of success. I would think some of the top coaches in SoCal and beyond would be interested in the position. All candidates would have to be willing to do it the Servite way however.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am

avonbarksdale wrote:Winning is hard, always has been. There was a method behind Thomas's "terror"; Trinity League Titles, Mater Dei wins, Southern California titles those things aren't easy to come by. Make no mistake, Mater Dei is designed to be the best team in Southern California (location, enrollment size, facilities, commitment to winning), and Troy took them down. I don't think he was finished, he hadn't established Servite as the preeminent force, but... winning is hard, always has been.

"We lost fifty per cent more men than did the enemy, [in the battle of Fredericksburg] and yet there is sense in the awful arithmetic propounded by Mr. Lincoln. He says that if the same battle were to be fought over again, every day, through a week of days, with the same relative results, the army under Lee would be wiped out to its last man, the Army of the Potomac would still be a mighty host, the war would be over, the Confederacy gone, and peace would be won at a smaller cost of life than it will be if the week of lost battles must be dragged out through yet another year of camps and marches, and of deaths in hospitals rather than upon the field. No general yet found can face the arithmetic, but the end of the war will be at hand when he shall be discovered."
We knew that was coming.

TomDrake

Post by TomDrake » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 am

I didn't hear too many complaints about TT 2 and 3 years ago when they were winning everything. Just remember that the 16 seasons before TT Servite football was very mediocre. They were 101 and 77 (mostly in the Goldenwest league) with no CIF rings. He brought the program back to a top competitor.