Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

SOCALFB
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by SOCALFB » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Wow this should be interesting to see who they hire . I have heard many names flying around today about who the next coach could be . I figured I would post them all and the Servite insiders could throw in their input on why or why not someone would be a good fit . Ed Drazanek El Modena , Frank Mazzotta La Habra , Matt Logan Centenial , Brian Barnes ex-Tesoro , Jimmy Nolan ex-Carson , Anthony White Buena Park , Dusan Anchich Villa Park , or maybe Asante SM . Or could one of the assistants be the next guy in line or even possibly be Kahlil's dad . There are too many names , lets narrow down the list to actual real potential candidates .

OGMudBone
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by OGMudBone » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:46 pm

I still believe Frank Mazotta is an excellent coach for Servite. He has a great thing at La Habra, but I think he can fill the shoes of Thomas...maybe even create bigger shoes for the next coach to fill years from now.

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by Notorious » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Image
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Buck
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by Buck » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:01 pm

"Yeah glad to see the midget gone" ..... well I'm glad he was here long enough to end the generation long losing streak to MD that Coach D and Toner built, and I'm also glad he was here long enough to win back to back PAC 5 titles....... so that Servite alumni and students did not always have to live in the glory years of the early 80's.

It's no coincidence that the schools revival and fundraising boom, has coincided with the football team's success.

Yeah, I'm glad to see the midget gone too.......

edac25
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by edac25 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:02 pm

This has nothing to do with Thomas no longer "being a good fit at Servite". This has everything to do with Servite's Admin finally caving into years and years of frustrated parents who did not see eye-to-eye with the manner in which Coach Thomas ran his program. Pure and simple. Thomas did not want to leave. He loves Servite. Bowen, Carter, Brennan, Clinton, etc. basically gave the man no choice but to resign. They didn't have the balls to support the man. Did he do things with the kind of tact that would please the PC crowd? No. Did he demand things get done his way? Yes. Ultimately, that cost him his job.

Servite High School lost one of it's finest today. One of it's ALL TIME BEST. Thanks Troy Thomas. YOU brought Friar Football back to the top. God Bless.

Kauaicoffee
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by Kauaicoffee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Does all this mean the players can stop shaving their heads every August? Dear God, they look like skinheads or prison inmates. What's up with that? And don't tell me it has always been done. That's not a good reason to keep doing it. Is there just something about Faith Filled Bald Leaders that gets this place excited?

BuckW
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by BuckW » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Will Jim Hartigan get the Servite job this time around. He was passed over before for Daddy Barnes and Troy Thomas. Jserra may need to break out the checkbook to keep their coach.
Last edited by BuckW on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mayhemamoungus
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by Mayhemamoungus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Avon, maybe you can meet up with 415 and he can help you release a little bit of that frustration... I certainly dont gives two sheets about you or your opinions regarding my parenting skills. The most entertaining part of our little exchange is that I am having a ball, while you are all twisted up like a little girl.... Relax, everything is going to be OK in the post Thomas era.

warrior86
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by warrior86 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:59 pm

I believe there is a very good chance Jeffrey Baldo will be the next head coach. Baldo has had very much experience at high-school and college level, both coaching and playing. He knows how to run a great offense with a pretty solid defense. He makes great use out of the veer offense, and his skills with Geometry come in great use when he makes the receiver routes. Also, since he was in film, he will most likely use his film abilities to get the right angles out on the practice field, so that he, and his coaches, wont miss a single step on each play. Im sure he, and legendary camera boy, Mr. Alexander, will make a great team.

User avatar
UHWarrior
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by UHWarrior » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I usually don't weigh in much on this blog during the off-season, however Troy Thomas leaving Servite is a kinda of a big deal. I have no affiliation to Servite whatsoever, other than being a Fan of their football program and their winning ways.

Those of you Servite alums or Servite Parents who are bagging on Thomas for being a poor coach and wasn't in tune with the Servite Ideals are a bunch of hippocrites. When he won a state championship for your school in 2009 you thought he was best HS coach since Marijon Ancich You can't have your cake and eat it to. You have to sacrifice to put together a consistent winner, how much sacrifice depends on how much your willing to stomach to achieve that goal. Winning isn't easy, if it was everyone could do it.

I'm not a Thomas fan, I don't know him whatsoever. What I do know is that he brought Servite six league championships the past seven years, two PAC-five championships, and a state championship. Not bad for an nine year run. When Santa Margarita won their state championship in 2011, wasn't their only two losses to Servite and MD? If I remember correctly didn't Servite win league that year? and SM came in like third in the Trinity league?

I enjoyed watching Servite under Thomas. I like the fact that the Friars represented the OC well against smack talking schools like Oceanside, Chapparel, and Bishop Amat who said that OC football was soft.

For what it's worth Thomas is a winner, he might not be "likable" but still a winner. In fact I can't imagine another coach out there who will have the same kind of success Thomas has had in the Trinity league and the PAC-5 (arguably one of the toughest leagues and divisions in the country). All those other coaches mentioned on this blog as replacments, will have their asses handed to them by the rest of the Trinity league next year. Solid winning programs usually don't happen overnight. Peace.

User avatar
pattywannamack
Posts: 1571
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by pattywannamack » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm glad Thomas organized a brutal schedule for the team next year before leaving.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

User avatar
pattywannamack
Posts: 1571
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by pattywannamack » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 pm

I would also just like to say that Crespi is a terrible school filled with terrible people.

This really has nothing to do with Troy Thomas, Crespi just sucks as a school.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

User avatar
Lionhunter
Posts: 4084
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by Lionhunter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 pm

My choice for the Servite Head coaching job is:

former Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator Turk Schonert, who lives in Placentia, I believe.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

BoJack
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by BoJack » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 am

The kids on the lower levels at Servite are spoiled, mama's boys. All they have done is cry this off season. I hope they are happy, they got their wish.
Kalil is not coming back. He is still hobbling around and wants to see his 2 sons play in NFL. Ancich hasn't won squat and neither has Coach D (respecfully). Give me Matt Logan or Mazzotta, proven winners. Both run no huddle, spread.
"Beer is proof that God wanted us all to be happy"- Ben Franklin

Sixth Man
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by Sixth Man » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 am

Servite had it's best run under TT since the 80s and Servite alumni and fans still love Toner way more than TT. They drank the Servite kool-aid and unless you are perceived as a Servite person, they will never completely accept/love you.

wrestlingfan
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by wrestlingfan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am

BoJack wrote:The kids on the lower levels at Servite are spoiled, mama's boys. All they have done is cry this off season. I hope they are happy, they got their wish.
Kalil is not coming back. He is still hobbling around and wants to see his 2 sons play in NFL. Ancich hasn't won squat and neither has Coach D (respecfully). Give me Matt Logan or Mazzotta, proven winners. Both run no huddle, spread.
Such blanket statements about the kids doesn't not reflect well on those who make them. And the new coach will hopefully be chosen for what is best for the school as a whole...

GHOGH
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by GHOGH » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:11 am

I knew this was his last year. No ones coaches like he did and expects to come back. Now its time to find a MAN that wont get out coached. Great move by the Servite Athletic Dept.

spaceghostpurrp
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by spaceghostpurrp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:12 am

hearing that thomas caballero is no longer being considered after an angry tirade he unleashed on his algebra students

TheBeefButcher
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by TheBeefButcher » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am

UHWarrior wrote:I usually don't weigh in much on this blog during the off-season, however Troy Thomas leaving Servite is a kinda of a big deal. I have no affiliation to Servite whatsoever, other than being a Fan of their football program and their winning ways.

Those of you Servite alums or Servite Parents who are bagging on Thomas for being a poor coach and wasn't in tune with the Servite Ideals are a bunch of hippocrites. When he won a state championship for your school in 2009 you thought he was best HS coach since Marijon Ancich You can't have your cake and eat it to. You have to sacrifice to put together a consistent winner, how much sacrifice depends on how much your willing to stomach to achieve that goal. Winning isn't easy, if it was everyone could do it.

I'm not a Thomas fan, I don't know him whatsoever. What I do know is that he brought Servite six league championships the past seven years, two PAC-five championships, and a state championship. Not bad for an nine year run. When Santa Margarita won their state championship in 2011, wasn't their only two losses to Servite and MD? If I remember correctly didn't Servite win league that year? and SM came in like third in the Trinity league?

I enjoyed watching Servite under Thomas. I like the fact that the Friars represented the OC well against smack talking schools like Oceanside, Chapparel, and Bishop Amat who said that OC football was soft.

For what it's worth Thomas is a winner, he might not be "likable" but still a winner. In fact I can't imagine another coach out there who will have the same kind of success Thomas has had in the Trinity league and the PAC-5 (arguably one of the toughest leagues and divisions in the country). All those other coaches mentioned on this blog as replacments, will have their asses handed to them by the rest of the Trinity league next year. Solid winning programs usually don't happen overnight. Peace.
Perfectly put. :thumbsup:

THETRUTH
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:35 am

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 am

edac25 wrote:This has nothing to do with Thomas no longer "being a good fit at Servite". This has everything to do with Servite's Admin finally caving into years and years of frustrated parents who did not see eye-to-eye with the manner in which Coach Thomas ran his program. Pure and simple. Thomas did not want to leave. He loves Servite. Bowen, Carter, Brennan, Clinton, etc. basically gave the man no choice but to resign. They didn't have the balls to support the man. Did he do things with the kind of tact that would please the PC crowd? No. Did he demand things get done his way? Yes. Ultimately, that cost him his job.

Servite High School lost one of it's finest today. One of it's ALL TIME BEST. Thanks Troy Thomas. YOU brought Friar Football back to the top. God Bless.

How lame are you, you just listed the person who stood up for Troy Thomas more than anyone at the school!

Post Reply