Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

THETRUTH

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by THETRUTH »

Luca wrote:Maybe it's Opposites Day........

Actually it is Pi Day, 3.14!
ringer

Post by ringer »

THETRUTH wrote:

Actually it is Pi Day, 3.14!
The last "real" pi day was March 14, 1915. (3.1415)
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

I only observe the real Pi Day.

March 14, 15 AD

Edit: numlock is a cruel mistress.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

WAIT A MINUTE.

Are you telling me Servite puts on a fashion show every year and this is just being brought to my attention now?

I know Servite gets sick of the gay jokes, but seriously guys, you aren't doing yourselves any favors here.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

FriarJoe wrote:I think Edac makes good points and is generally right. I know many of you label him an a-hole on these boards but the fact remains his takes, while sometimes sensationalized, are often accurate. Coach Thomas is the most successful coach in Servite history and based on his track record of turning around 2 different programs to win CIF championships in a short amount of time is impressive. Thomas is clearly one of the top coaches in the southland. We could debate where he lands in the rankings, but in my view he is one of the top 10 coaches in socal. Replacing one of the top coaches in the southland will not be easy. Chances are your next coach will not be as good (just based on probabilities).
Edac is often wrong, and when he is wrong, he's spectacularly wrong.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Lionhunter wrote:Here's another name Kunau. Wouldn't that just freeze Noto's balls if O Lu starts to lose to Coach K. :mrgreen:
I would prefer this, it means I only have to hate 1 team instead of 2 separate teams.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Lionhunter wrote:Schonert is 56 yrs. old. He may not plan to return to the pros. He probably doesn't hurt for money, and this could be a way to do what he loves before easing into retirement.
Why do you people want Schonert? The Bills offense was god awful when he was a coach.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Notorious wrote:I only observe the real Pi Day.

March 14, 15 AD

There was one more recent than that -- March 14, 1592.
observer

Post by observer »

inflagrantedelicto wrote: ...sit down and chat with the non-jocks, kids who actually have a plan for their lives. ask them about Formation. better yet. go read what's up on the wall in the newly renovated admin building. kids that have something on the ball are better people because of Formation - and they will tell you so. that's what you should center on while espousing your (currently) off-base opinion of the Formation program.
I think you have it wrong - formation is good for a certain segment of the Servite population - those in the middle. The bottom students don't care and think it's a joke, the students on the ball think it's a waste of time and use it as a study hall.
[hr]Republicans are concerned more about health of the goose while Democrats are concerned about the distribution of its golden eggs
[hr]Simple Voter Guide
If it increases taxes, vote against it; If unions are against it, vote for it
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

observer wrote: I think you have it wrong - formation is good for a certain segment of the Servite population - those in the middle. The bottom students don't care and think it's a joke, the students on the ball think it's a waste of time and use it as a study hall.

The doctrine which Formation is based on is good, despite the fact that the time set aside for Formation is a waste of time and just a ego boost for a few staff members, at least the kids are exposed to this doctrine. BTW, Servite students are getting good at four-square also!
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

inflagrantedelicto wrote: ...sit down and chat with the non-jocks, kids who actually have a plan for their lives. ask them about Formation. better yet. go read what's up on the wall in the newly renovated admin building. kids that have something on the ball are better people because of Formation - and they will tell you so. that's what you should center on while espousing your (currently) off-base opinion of the Formation program.

Lets see, the JOCKS I have spoken to from Servite are at Columbia, 4 at ND (one a graduate in May), 2 at Arizona (one a graduate), 2 at Arizona State (one graduating in May), one at Seton Hall (graduate this May), one at Stanford, one at Cal (graduate), one at Utah State (graduate) 5 at Cal Poly-SLO. Shall I go on dumb a$$. You are the type of person at Servite I am posting about, you really do not care about the students, it is an ego thing for you!
Last edited by THETRUTH on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SOCALFB

Post by SOCALFB »

I heard today that both Frank Mazzota LH and Anthony White BP were seen on Servite campus . I also hear that Matt Logan is coming tomorrow for sure to the campus and possibly the UCLA assistant coach Reinert , if not then Reinert at the beginning of next week . Can anyone CONFIRM this info that these coaches were seen today on campus or are scheduled to visit the campus , there are always lots of rumors that go around when there is a huge coaching change like this . I can remember how dramatic this was last time Servite hired a coach with the whole Barnes situation .
THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH »

SOCALFB wrote:I heard today that both Frank Mazzota LH and Anthony White BP were seen on Servite campus . I also hear that Matt Logan is coming tomorrow for sure to the campus and possibly the UCLA assistant coach Reinert , if not then Reinert at the beginning of next week . Can anyone CONFIRM this info that these coaches were seen today on campus or are scheduled to visit the campus , there are always lots of rumors that go around when there is a huge coaching change like this . I can remember how dramatic this was last time Servite hired a coach with the whole Barnes situation .

Who knows, I think there will be a number of individuals who will attempt, some successful, at parading "their" guy around campus. I know two individuals who will be part of the process and neither of them are going to be influenced by anything except the an interview, solid references and a resume. I hope a couple individuals learned their lesson regarding the hiring of a former baseball and basketball coach who no longer coach at the school.
observer

Post by observer »

THETRUTH wrote:

The doctrine which Formation is based on is good, despite the fact that the time set aside for Formation is a waste of time and just a ego boost for a few staff members, at least the kids are exposed to this doctrine. BTW, Servite students are getting good at four-square also!
I completely agree. I just wish the execution was better.
[hr]Republicans are concerned more about health of the goose while Democrats are concerned about the distribution of its golden eggs
[hr]Simple Voter Guide
If it increases taxes, vote against it; If unions are against it, vote for it
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

observer wrote: I completely agree. I just wish the execution was better.
THe execution was better for the Formation or Servite's Four Square, I'm going to guess both.
Mortal

Post by Mortal »

With all due respect TRUTH your "Servite" is nothing like the Servite my brothers and I experienced as student athletes in the 80's and continue to support today. Your posts on Servite are suspect to Alumns that have lived the Servite experience.

TT brought Servite Football back to where Smeltzer had it...the top. That is a fact. TT's contributions are much appreciated by those of us who left it ALL on the field in years past. I hope we find a replacement that can match his successes.

Another fact is that Ramon is accurate with his Rollo facts, and Rollo should be recognized for his outstanding contributions to MD football. I never lost to MD on the football field, and I am sure that was because Rollo wasn't managing the opposing sidelines. The man is a legend. I hope Servite can find a man that can match his successes as well.

With instant gratification as todays moral compass I doubt we will see many more Rollos or Ladouceurs, nor Rileys or Scheerers.

I am a Friar, and I love the fight!

Mortal
ventura

Post by ventura »

avonbarksdale wrote:It's a bad move by him. Top football in LA isn't that good anymore. Too many Hispanics and not enough African Americans in the area. Orange County, as evidenced by 7 of the last 8 finalist coming out of Orange County, is where good HS football is played in SoCal. An LA county team hasn't made the big game since 2007. Hell without Poly, which is basically a Long Beach all-star team, the Pac 5 would be won by the OC every year.
Troy good luck at Crespi. I hope we schedule you.

1 - Wrong. Great move. He's coming back to many friends, and to his old stomping grounds. If he'd stayed Crespi would have the two titles Servite has. Maybe more. Crespi's talent has been very solid.

2 - I hope so too. But I don't think you'll like the outcome. A Crespi Servite rivalry would be very cool. Similar sized all male schools - a rarity. Troy said when he first arrived at Servite that it was very much like Crespi.

Ventura
Celtasaurus Rex

Post by Celtasaurus Rex »

Notorious wrote:I only observe the real Pi Day.

March 14, 15 AD

Actually, if you're only taking it out four decimal places, the CORRECT last pi day would have been March 14, 1916 (3.1416)...or March 14, 16 A.D.
rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 »

Mortal wrote:
I am a Friar, and I love the fight!

Mortal
The best!!!
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS
inflagrantedelicto

Post by inflagrantedelicto »

THETRUTH wrote:

Lets see, the JOCKS I have spoken to from Servite are at Columbia, 4 at ND (one a graduate in May), 2 at Arizona (one a graduate), 2 at Arizona State (one graduating in May), one at Seton Hall (graduate this May), one at Stanford, one at Cal (graduate), one at Utah State (graduate) 5 at Cal Poly-SLO. Shall I go on dumb a$$. You are the type of person at Servite I am posting about, you really do not care about the students, it is an ego thing for you!
...Let's see i have spoken with former Prior General, Secretary-General, numerous members of the Priory, all currently students at ND, Gonzaga, BC, UCLA, Stanford, blah blah blah, shall I go on? They thoroughly benefited from the program. all ego-less intellectuals who will carry on the Formation message as they become leaders in our community. Admit it, you have no idea what type of person I am.
Percussus Resurgo