Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

porkchop

Re: Troy Thomas Resigns as Head Coach

Post by porkchop » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Sophmore from diamond bar? Servite bb stinks,why would anyone transfer,he must not be very good.

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 am

Luca wrote:A program being labeled as a "sellout" by - in this case - Ramon justifies a response........Luca
Oh...Now I understand why you responded the way you did...My bad.

Look...Maybe I should have used a different word...I don't think SM has sold out...But I still do question the wisdom in hiring someone who has the reputation & history of Asante...After the drama of the last few years I would have advocated against it...That said...If Welch & SM feel they can keep him from imploding like in the past...Well...God bless...Who am I to judge?

Once again Luca...My apologies.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 am

Love how this turned into MD basketball and recruiting.

BTW. Congrats to MD for their State Title
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:37 pm

It is a curious hire. I don't know anything about Coach Assante other than what I've read here and what rumors I've heard. My only knowledge comes from seeing him interviewed on TV, at which time he seems reasonable. But given that reputation you would like to think that some ground rules were put in place because obviously the Santa Margarita administration is not going to suddenly allow a flood of transfers into the school under questionable circumstances.

Apparently the meaning of your post came across quite differently than was intended. I appreciate your clarification. It happens. Forget it...........Luca

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Actually Assante (IMO) is a pretty good coach. What did him in at St Paul was that he never should
have scheduled the type of teams he did, especially in his first year as HC there.

The St Paul parents, I think expected too much on the HC change when Assante took over and then the
losses starting piling up with the teams he never should have scheduled in the first place!

SerCredo

Post by SerCredo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:41 pm

All and All hes a good coach and could attract some of the best players in the state, we may need that with some of the voids we've been experiencing...The list of coaches that have beaten our arch rival Mater Dei.... is to be expected to have that success, for those who dont know Asante you wouldnt even put him in the category of the great coaches who could win the big games just another dynamic thats all not trying to argue with anyone here...

SerCredo

Post by SerCredo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Excuse me Sir alot of these guys on this list are ancient history and is as old or older than me, most importantly none of these guys are even applying for the job...I believe Asante is....Servite needs a coach that can attract the best student athletes in the socal area and thats Asante people be blogging about how he recruits players etc.... No one says anything when Mater Dei, OLU AND j SERRA Pick up those hood kids from LA area i think its about time that Servite do the same.. Asante is the only coach from the LA Area that has Catholic school coaching background...Just my opinion ive been a SERVITE Alum for a long time now i just think its time to try something new and exciting....

templar83

Post by templar83 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm

SerCredo wrote:Excuse me Sir alot of these guys on this list are ancient history and is as old or older than me, most importantly none of these guys are even applying for the job...I believe Asante is....Servite needs a coach that can attract the best student athletes in the socal area and thats Asante people be blogging about how he recruits players etc.... No one says anything when Mater Dei, OLU AND j SERRA Pick up those hood kids from LA area i think its about time that Servite do the same.. Asante is the only coach from the LA Area that has Catholic school coaching background...Just my opinion ive been a SERVITE Alum for a long time now i just think its time to try something new and exciting....
Just what is your definition of a "hood kid"?

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm

templar83 wrote:
Just what is your definition of a "hood kid"?

You beat me to it. - Just what is SerCredo's definition of a "hood kid"?

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 pm

According to Urban Dictionary -

Hood Kid: A kid that wears sweatshirts only by the hood; similar to a cape.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:21 pm

SerCredo wrote:Excuse me Sir alot of these guys on this list are ancient history and is as old or older than me, most importantly none of these guys are even applying for the job...I believe Asante is....Servite needs a coach that can attract the best student athletes in the socal area and thats Asante people be blogging about how he recruits players etc.... No one says anything when Mater Dei, OLU AND j SERRA Pick up those hood kids from LA area i think its about time that Servite do the same.. Asante is the only coach from the LA Area that has Catholic school coaching background...Just my opinion ive been a SERVITE Alum for a long time now i just think its time to try something new and exciting....

Servite Alum, the use of the term "Hood Kid' is offensive and would certainly not be tolerated at Servite today. Your comments make Servite look bad, no wonder many of the current students make fun of the Alumni who still think they are in high school.

observer

Post by observer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

THETRUTH wrote:

Servite Alum, the use of the term "Hood Kid' is offensive and would certainly not be tolerated at Servite today. Your comments make Servite look bad, no wonder many of the current students make fun of the Alumni who still think they are in high school.
This guy is not a Servite Alum...
[hr]Republicans are concerned more about health of the goose while Democrats are concerned about the distribution of its golden eggs
[hr]Simple Voter Guide
If it increases taxes, vote against it; If unions are against it, vote for it

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm

observer wrote: This guy is not a Servite Alum...

How do you know?

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm

I think he's Asante.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Lionhunter wrote:I think he's Asante.

Any evidence?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm

SerCredo wrote:No one says anything when Mater Dei, OLU AND j SERRA Pick up those hood kids from LA area i think its about time that Servite do the same.
Act now - HoodKids-Я-Us has a sale on
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:43 pm

THETRUTH wrote:

Any evidence?
None. just guessing.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 am

Lionhunter wrote: None. just guessing.
You are a Servite alum, right?

SerCredo

Post by SerCredo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 am

Excuse me sir how can i be Asante if ive been blogging before this whole Troy Thomas resigning even came to fruition... Hood Kids sorry for using that phrase the about inner city kids, WE at Servite have to get around the stigma of being racist that took place a few years ago... I know for a fact that 3 black kids or should i use the word African American, that was part of the football team checked out, Rather we use Black or AA It could be looked at as offensive pending on who's eyes are reading it.. Or i can use the phrase an OLU Parent uses calling the Black Kids "Athletes"...I'm a White Man my name is David i'm 54yrs old I'm am a Lawyer and a Servite Alum...I myself get very offended when i hear that Servite is Racist.......I was just commenting on potential candidates that would be a good fit. Personally i think Minority is the way to go for Servite, a bit of a change, Everything can always be looked at as Racist and I'M not

SerCredo

Post by SerCredo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 am

Sorry i was wrong 4 black kids checked out. My son currently goes to Servite and keeps me in the know....For us The Guys of Credo was very offended about the youtube video's of that Basketball game against Mater Dei with the Monkey noises etc... We still have to defend ourselves on those racial allegations.......