Conspiracy Theory: Crespi-Servite Timeline

rvoltes5

Conspiracy Theory: Crespi-Servite Timeline

Post by rvoltes5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:31 am

So I was watching some movie last night that got me thinking (dangerous past time, I know)

Crespi's Football Head Coach resigns
In a few days Troy accepts job and quits Servite
Servite is still looking for a head coach.....

Now, there had to be some talk between Troy and Crespi when all this went down right? It's just odd that it took Crespi less then a week to find a replacement.

I don't know....

See what happens when I have time to think?
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

afan95

Re: Conspiracy Theory: Crespi-Servite Timeline

Post by afan95 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 pm

I must be more devious than you since I'm female.

I didn't even have to take time to think about the timeline to put this thought together.
And I just assumed that almost everyone on this board had the same thought that you had the first time they heard that the Crespi coach resigned and TT took the job.

It's no coincidence there was a recent show on TV called "Gossip Girls" with the way the female brain thinks...
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 pm

During his first seven years at Servite, Coach Thomas fashioned a record of accomplishments that I don't think any other Trinity League coach will be able to equal in the future. Consecutive Pac-5 titles and a state bowl game win aside, seven consecutive league championships in that league is hard to imagine, and will be even harder to match. Kudos to him for that.

However, it's no secret that the current Crespi opening is not the first opportunity Coach Thomas has pursued during his time at Servite, and there are at least a couple of people in the administration who have thought of him as an ambivalent mercenary since day one. And one fact of life for schools willing to hire mercencary coaches is that they can often pry one away from another school for more money, but it's usually only a matter of time before they lose him to the same tactic.

THETRUTH

Post by THETRUTH » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:53 pm

MDDad wrote:During his first seven years at Servite, Coach Thomas fashioned a record of accomplishments that I don't think any other Trinity League coach will be able to equal in the future. Consecutive Pac-5 titles and a state bowl game win aside, seven consecutive league championships in that league is hard to imagine, and will be even harder to match. Kudos to him for that.

However, it's no secret that the current Crespi opening is not the first opportunity Coach Thomas has pursued during his time at Servite, and there are at least a couple of people in the administration who have thought of him as an ambivalent mercenary since day one. And one fact of life for schools willing to hire mercencary coaches is that they can often pry one away from another school for more money, but it's usually only a matter of time before they lose him to the same tactic.

What is it about him that you describe him as a mercenary? I think that he saw Servite as a better position at the time and took it. This happens every day to individuals in many different lines of work, are they mercenaries? Honestly, It bothers me that a majority of boosters think somehow coaches are or should be different.