AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choice!

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Red » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:00 pm

sammy swordsman wrote:Khalil was fired after losing the Edison playoff game Galipos senior year, and rightly so for his idiotic play calling.

In fact he lost BOTH Edison games that year. Blowing leads by throwing dangerous passes and getting them picked when he should have been running out the clock. I was beside myself and happy to see him go.

With that being said, Servite does desperately need someone who can install an effective and balanced offense that can take advantage of the talent in the skill positions.
I thought Khalil was a lineman.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Leatherhead
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Leatherhead » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Red wrote:
I thought Khalil was a lineman.
Sammy Swordsman was totally correct! Khalil was coach also had sons on the line!
On a side note about Gass - the full page PR photo, quote, and full page letter that came out to all sure was quick if Servite was truly still interviewing up to Wednesday!
Hmm..,nation wide search...! Hmm

Exocet 98
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:03 am

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Exocet 98 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:12 pm

DLS will hang 70 on the over matched Washington Generals of LaPalma. :mrgreen:

User avatar
rvoltes5
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by rvoltes5 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Leatherhead wrote:
Sammy Swordsman was totally correct! Khalil was coach also had sons on the line!
On a side note about Gass - the full page PR photo, quote, and full page letter that came out to all sure was quick if Servite was truly still interviewing up to Wednesday!
Hmm..,nation wide search...! Hmm
They have a fast multimedia department.
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

User avatar
rvoltes5
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by rvoltes5 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Bunch of non-believers up in here. I remember a lot of people not believing in TT when he got to Servite. Loved it because he did great with the program.

Now, I'm hearing the same things with Gass. Just can't wait and see. There is a buzz around campus now. It's great.

That plus the fact that I'm convinced if Servite hired the best possible candidate, there still would be people on this board badmouthing the decision. Sigh, some people are just never satisfied.

On that note, Friar leading Friars! Black attack is back! Oooooooh yeaaaaaaah!!! Dig it!

Plus, Gass is one bad azz!!!
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

User avatar
Lionhunter
Posts: 4084
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Lionhunter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:29 pm

rvoltes5 wrote:Bunch of non-believers up in here. I remember a lot of people not believing in TT when he got to Servite. Loved it because he did great with the program.

Now, I'm hearing the same things with Gass. Just can't wait and see. There is a buzz around campus now. It's great.

That plus the fact that I'm convinced if Servite hired the best possible candidate, there still would be people on this board badmouthing the decision. Sigh, some people are just never satisfied.

On that note, Friar leading Friars! Black attack is back! Oooooooh yeaaaaaaah!!! Dig it!

Plus, Gass is one bad azz!!!
I agree, and I'm stoked! Somehow I'll be there in Vegas Aug. 30th. Can't wait.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

User avatar
Lionhunter
Posts: 4084
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Lionhunter » Thu May 02, 2013 3:28 pm

I am hearing that the students are really excited about this coach and this coming season, and that the number of people now out for football is growing fast, with new student athletes throwing their hats into the ring, so to speak. Were some athletes choosing not to play for the former coach? I think Joe Futbol alluded to this earlier.
joefutbol wrote:
There should be some decent D linemen coming up, but I haven't heard their names in a while. There are also a couple guys who would be studs but they decided not to play football in lieu of another sport. Hopefully they come out this year.
Can anybody confirm any of this?
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

FriarJoe
Posts: 1457
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by FriarJoe » Thu May 02, 2013 4:39 pm

That is what i heard. Lots more kids going out for football. Lets see how long they last. Wanting to play football in theory is one thing but suriving the practices and the hitting is another. Some of these great athletes in track or volleyball or hoops can have the athleticism but you also need the heart and the huevos. Im sure they will dig up a few diamonds in the rough however.

joefutbol
Posts: 5179
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by joefutbol » Thu May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Probably because cuts were made and guys who weren't allowed to play can come out and play again. I'm not getting excited.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by SoMelo » Thu May 02, 2013 6:20 pm

So no tryouts and cuts?

NorthOC
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by NorthOC » Thu May 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Why are you Servite guys so happy? Only time you were worth watching was when you didn't have a Servite guy as the head coach. Getting all Servite coaches just means back to old days with Toner. Only time you have been good has been when you had a outsider (Troy Thomas). Good luck to you guys, by the way if they were cut they weren't good anyways. You have a head coach who was never a head coach.

All you servite guys remind me of another program now. I should call you Saint Paul.

porkchop
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by porkchop » Thu May 02, 2013 8:37 pm

You write like someone from north oc, you moron.

NorthOC
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by NorthOC » Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Moron? Why do you think my nick name is North OC? Maybe cause I graduated from Servite. That's right I am a servite grad!!!

joefutbol
Posts: 5179
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by joefutbol » Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm

NorthOC wrote:Why are you Servite guys so happy? Only time you were worth watching was when you didn't have a Servite guy as the head coach. Getting all Servite coaches just means back to old days with Toner. Only time you have been good has been when you had a outsider (Troy Thomas). Good luck to you guys, by the way if they were cut they weren't good anyways. You have a head coach who was never a head coach.

All you servite guys remind me of another program now. I should call you Saint Paul.
It's not "all Servite coaches." And not all of us are happy.

porkchop
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by porkchop » Thu May 02, 2013 9:37 pm

You can still graduate from Servite and be a moron. Your writing is horrible,you should go get your money back. All the players are happy with Gass as the coach,thats what matters. Servite fb will be just fine this yr.

joefutbol
Posts: 5179
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by joefutbol » Thu May 02, 2013 9:46 pm

porkchop wrote:You can still graduate from Servite and be a moron. Your writing is horrible,you should go get your money back. All the players are happy with Gass as the coach,thats what matters. Servite fb will be just fine this yr.
I'm gonna go ahead and say we won't be. I'm predicting 2-8.

BoJack
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 am

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by BoJack » Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 am

[quote="Lionhunter"]I am hearing that the students are really excited about this coach and this coming season, and that the number of people now out for football is growing fast, with new student athletes throwing their hats into the ring, so to speak. Were some athletes choosing not to play for the former coach? I think Joe Futbol alluded to this earlier.

The kids coming back are the ones who didn't want to work hard. They are also part of the group who tried to strong arm TT into getting what they want. Not necessarily a good thing.
"Beer is proof that God wanted us all to be happy"- Ben Franklin

Sixth Man
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Sixth Man » Fri May 03, 2013 7:34 am

I think Gass was a good decision for the school and for the alumni. Football may go through some growing pains. But hopefully, for Servite, it is not the return of Toner.

Tenacious
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by Tenacious » Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

Sixth Man wrote:I think Gass was a good decision for the school and for the alumni. Football may go through some growing pains. But hopefully, for Servite, it is not the return of Toner.
Finally a decent post... And, far from the return of Toner as a hfbc. Gass is a competitive, winner who has a shot at head coach. The kids will play hard for him. Hopefully Servite can get through the first half with a degree of success, and get to the easier second half. :D

21boltman
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: AJ Gass Announced - Congrats to Servite on a great choic

Post by 21boltman » Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 am

Gass will be a good long time hire for Servite. For the doubters, Thomas wasn't the first choice either but landed with the position when Barnes uncommitted.
I also believe the Toner era will be back in respect of enforcing the 4 'D's at the freshmen level, which has been lacking the last few years.

Post Reply