servite spring football

joefutbol

Re: servite spring football

Post by joefutbol » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 pm

porkchop wrote:Joefutbol, Ill put any amount of money down on the gorman game and ill give you 6 pts. I got servite so there is no confusion. we can get an escrow account. See how much your parents will lend you.
Just like "kahlil ofensive coordinator," "Chris ault," "Not many people like him," and all the other dumb **** you post?

porkchop

Post by porkchop » Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Kalil is 1 of the offensive coordinators, chris ault did apply for the job but went to work for the chiefs instead. Do your homework joefutbol. Put your money where your mouth is

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Tue May 14, 2013 7:06 am

Not sure of weights. Tallest OL about 6'5.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm

I was making fun of your spelling, and no he didn't.

SoCoFb

Post by SoCoFb » Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm

downtothewire wrote:Porkchop is right. Gorman is good and Sanchez is a top notch coach. But Servite wins this one. Incoming juniors took BG to task frosh and JV. This junior class is legit.

Just so I understand the post, this is the same incoming junior class that won exactly 1 Trinity League as Frosh, right? The hype machine on this class is unprecedented. In 2 years they have won, what 2 Trinity League games........ Unless combine clippings count as wins, you should focus on becoming a team that puts up some quality wins.

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Tue May 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Yes the incoming juniors lost 3 Trinity games as frosh in 2011 and a mostly sophmore JV lost 1 in 2012. But it was not due to a lack of talent. That junior class is legit, the talent is there.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Tue May 14, 2013 11:48 pm

SoCoFb wrote:

Just so I understand the post, this is the same incoming junior class that won exactly 1 Trinity League as Frosh, right? The hype machine on this class is unprecedented. In 2 years they have won, what 2 Trinity League games........ Unless combine clippings count as wins, you should focus on becoming a team that puts up some quality wins.
Freshman success does not guarantee future varsity success. Servite won or shared 7 straight varsity titles with players who had never won a freshman title. And here is what everyone is missing. Due to a relatively weak senior class in 2012, those 2011 freshmen football players found themselves varsity starters as sophomores in 2012 at Servite. Meanwhile, the rest of the Trinity League had talented senior classes in 2012, so most of their talented sophomores spent 2012 on the JV team or as varsity back-ups. Which players developed the most, last year? Those brought along at the usual rate, or those thrown right into the fire? Only time will tell.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue May 14, 2013 11:59 pm

SoCoFb wrote:

USC just went 7-6. No talent?

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Wed May 15, 2013 1:01 am

downtothewire wrote:Certainly will joe. The O line looks great so far. Not sure why folks think otherwise but the boys will prove themselves to the doubters.
Servite started 5 seniors on the O Line last August. Three of them lost their starting positions to underclassmen, Thomas Garcia, Clayton Johnston, and Jotavi Leuta-Ulu. I don't know how big Garcia is, but Leuta-Ulu and Johnston are big boys. I expect Austin Thomas will take over at Center...he was listed at 6'1 210 last year. I haven't heard about the remaining interior lineman yet, but I know there are some big boys returning.

That O-Line will be just fine.

number9

Post by number9 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Are you kidding about most Trinity schools being senior heavy? You guys act like Servite is the only school playing sohomores. Bosco has most of its team back, as well as Jserra and MD. You guys got rocked last year because you werent as good as the other schools, not because you were younger.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm

number9 wrote:Are you kidding about most Trinity schools being senior heavy? You guys act like Servite is the only school playing sohomores. Bosco has most of its team back, as well as Jserra and MD.

I never said they were "senior heavy." Plenty of junior starters on those rosters. My post was in response to a question about the class of 2015. And I wasn't talking about "playing sophomores," I was talking about starting sophomores. As near as I can figure, (though I'm sure someone will correct me), Bosco started one soph - Rosen, MD one soph - McMorris, O Lu one soph - Lucier-South, and SM had one - Sweet. J Serra, and Servite started nine each.

You guys got rocked last year because you werent as good as the other schools, not because you were younger.
Or maybe both? Servite had a weak senior class. I believe that in no way contradicts your statement that the Friars "...weren't as good as the other schools..." In fact, that is exactly WHY they weren't as good. Nobody said there was anything wrong with the juniors at any of those schools. Or at Servite for that matter. The biggest difference between Servite and the rest of the league was that the class of 2013 at Servite, was high in character, but thin in talent (with some notable exceptions of course).

number9

Post by number9 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 am

When I read your original post it came across to me as Servite played Sophomores and that is why they lost, while the other Trinity schools played seniors. I reread it and agree that you didn't mean that. I will agree that Servite's senior class didn't have their usual leaders, but that weren't lacking talented seniors. They just aren't as good as the other schools year by year. You guys from Servite act like your sophomores are better then the other schools sophomores. They aren't! MD, Jserra, Bosco are all loaded at the underclass positions and that includes sophomores. Servite is in trouble unless they play like a team under the new coach. Servites only problem last years was that Thomas finally lost his players and then didn't play the best kids because they wouldn't conform to his way mentality. Moore didn't belong on the JV team and Etiaki was a better back then the young kid. Coaches like Thomas are extremely successful for a few years, but they eventually lose their teams because the message gets old. This is why he had to go. He stayed one year to long.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Thu May 16, 2013 10:17 am

number9 wrote: Servites only problem last years was that Thomas finally lost his players and then didn't play the best kids because they wouldn't conform to his way mentality. Moore didn't belong on the JV team and Etiaki was a better back then the young kid. Coaches like Thomas are extremely successful for a few years, but they eventually lose their teams because the message gets old. This is why he had to go. He stayed one year to long.
Not Servite's "only problem" last year, but definitely a big factor, I agree.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

Lionhunter wrote:As near as I can figure, (though I'm sure someone will correct me), Bosco started one soph - Rosen, MD one soph - McMorris, O Lu one soph - Lucier-South, and SM had one - Sweet. J Serra, and Servite started nine each.
Mater Dei started three sophomores last year -- Malik McMorris, Ben Humphreys and Ronald Nickerson.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Thu May 16, 2013 10:47 am

MDDad wrote: Mater Dei started three sophomores last year -- Malik McMorris, Ben Humphreys and Ronald Nickerson.
Thank You MDDad. My only sources were the OCVarsity line-ups put out in August (lots of mistakes), and observing the starters against Servite, where I saw 5 seniors, 5 juniors, and McMorris on defense, and 7 seniors, and 4 juniors on offense.

I imagine there were other games Humphreys and Nickerson started. As I alluded to earlier, some of Servite's starting sophomores earned their spots mid-season, or later too.

kid66

Post by kid66 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:09 am

MD is returning majority of the starters or kids that saw significant playing time last year. They also return Contreras whose was on the verge of starting as a sophomore but had a season ending injury. MD will be loaded with an experienced QB coming back. They did lose Duarte, but Humphies and Lockett will easily fill the void at WR. Humphies and Lockett are both Pac 12 level talent. Malik Morris is also Pac 12 talent. Sam Bush is returning who is border line Pac 12 talent. MD will be on a 2 to 3 year run. I also believe that Bosco will be returning many starters from Last year. SMHS will be loaded as well. I see this year as MD, Bosco, and SMHS fighting for the top 3 spots and everybody else chasing.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 am

MD will be good this coming year (like a lot of other teams) but you never know about the unexpected, look at what happen to SM last year. --- if you lose a critical cog of the wheel then its not as strong anymore, never expect everything to go as planned, there are always injuries throughout the year. You always hope, it's not your experienced QB starter (or other) but it is what it is.

Let the season play out week by week and not make all the assumed predictions like a lot of the posters
do. It's a lot easier that way.

MDGuy

Post by MDGuy » Sat May 18, 2013 12:12 pm

cruiser wrote:MD will be good this coming year (like a lot of other teams) but you never know about the unexpected.....
Great post Cruiser! I couldn't have said it any better. :thumbsup:

Grinder

Post by Grinder » Sat May 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Mater Dei and Bosco will be playing for first, both are absolutely loaded with talent. I see MD winning it.

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Look at Cruiser's post. Thanks
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS