servite spring football

TrinityLFB

Re: servite spring football

Post by TrinityLFB » Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Isn't the new DC at Servite the ex LB coach at Bosco???

I know he is a Servite guy, but it leaves them with little experience at the coordinator positions.

Well, at least he will give you some insider info on Bosco when they play...

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Look, just replace the bagpipe guy with a whole bunch of Jedi looking knights (the Obiwon looking ones), change the color from brown to black, have them lead the team out into the field and all will be good.

(How cool would that look?)
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon May 20, 2013 9:17 pm

rvoltes5 wrote:Look, just replace the bagpipe guy with a whole bunch of Jedi looking knights (the Obiwon looking ones), change the color from brown to black, have them lead the team out into the field and all will be good.

(How cool would that look?)
I've never heard the words Jedi, Obiwon, and cool ever used together....... ever........ ever.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:46 am

Brown robes, Jedi knights no, closer resemblance to an Ewok. Cute furry guys.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 am

Now that you bring that up, I never got the Servite bagpipe thing. To me it just showed me TT
always had his heart with the Crespi celts.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue May 21, 2013 9:16 am

watchersince68 wrote:Now that you bring that up, I never got the Servite bagpipe thing. To me it just showed me TT
always had his heart with the Crespi celts.

You know,you have a good point. The bagpipe deal is a Crespi Celts thing, maybe in the back of his
mind TT always, in the end; wanted back at Crespi. I think the only thing that held him back was that
he was winning big time with Servite at the time and it was too good a situation for him to leave back
then but that is just my take on it. Anyone else?

number9

Post by number9 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:39 am

My take on it is that he would have went back a few years ago, but they wouldn't pay what he was getting aat Servite. I think he left Servite when the bonus money wsn't going to be as much. I heard that the boosters supplementing his salary were not going to keep giving the money they were.

ventura

Post by ventura » Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 am

My two cents is that it was never about money. I think Thomas left Crespi and got a pay cut when he went to Servite. If there was a wide disparity in the current pay at the respective schools, perhaps that had something to do with it, but I don't think that's the case.

I don't know Troy personally so this is conjecture, but I think he had some regret about leaving his alma mater right out of the gate. He kept in close contact with his replacement, Jeremiah Ross, and I think helped him for at least a couple of years. He loves the school, and his best friends, I believe, are all Crespi guys.

I also believe he will look very fondly on his memories at Servite - other than last year, how could he not? What a run. Plus, the support for the program is much stronger than Crespi's - I guess that can be a double edge sword, with all the criticism from intense parents/alumni, but I was blown away by how large and how engaged the Servite fans are in the few games I attended.

I hope he has the fire still. If so, Crespi will be really good this year. The irony is that he returns to an administration that will be more to his liking, IMO, but he may not have the access to good local players that Ross and Mack had. If there aren't key transfers out of Crespi, though, he has LOTS of returning talent. Last year's team was loaded - probably better talent top to bottom than any other team in Pac 5. They just didn't play well as a team, and lacked discipline and maybe the right attitude. They were really good at the end of the year, though, and should have been in the playoffs.

That would be weird to see the Celts and Friars meet in the playoffs this year.

Ventura

ventura

Post by ventura » Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 am

One more thing - the bagpipes are Troy's idea - Crespi never had them before he was head coach. Snap drills have been a Celt trademark since 1964, though.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 am

TrinityLFB wrote:Isn't the new DC at Servite the ex LB coach at Bosco???

I know he is a Servite guy, but it leaves them with little experience at the coordinator positions.

Well, at least he will give you some insider info on Bosco when they play...
No Gass is serving as his own defensive coordinator. The coach you speak of is the LB coach.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

He was all-CIF as a player and coached at El Dorado when they won a CIF title.... been at Bosco for a few years I think. He's a good guy.